Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado XP and Volcano STX

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Chopped02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado XP and Volcano STX

I bought a Tornado XP and Volcano STX for my kids for christmas. Obviously, I have not had the opportunity to run them. These are their first nitro cars and I figured for the price, they would be great beginner cars for them. I've read some negative oppinions on this site as well as some really good feedback. I'm not too familliar with the product so I guess the one thing I am curious about is Redcats customer service. I know that parts are going to break and have no problem with that. As a matter of fact, I really like working on RC's. I just want to know if I'm going to have a problem getting parts for them when they break because I know that the local shops do not carry Redcat parts. Anyways, the cars look good in the package and some of the pics and videos that members have posted make me look forward to running and upgrading them.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:48 AM
mozzzy_2000

Default RE: Tornado XP and Volcano STX

yeah its an obvious concern having parts. Granted they are not that easily sort here in Aus than it is in the US but there are many online shops that sell the parts. Also the there are himoto parts as well. They are 2 brands with the very same cars. So there are a few places you can source parts.

I have found that himotoracing.com and exportpro.biz to be among the best & cheapest on the net. Don't worry about all the disparaging remarks flying around the forum. 99% of these are from people who don;t even own one and seem hell bent to dis them for some reason. I do beleive though there has been some issues with the volcanos. I think something to do with the 2 speed tranny and the clutch but I think these issues are easy to rectify if you run into any probs.

I have the 1/8 buggy and its awesome for the price. I'd even goes as far to say it seems tougher than my kyosho inferno which are twice as much! You sound like you have experience with nitros? In terms of run in procedures etc?

If not drop us a PM if you run into any problems.

cheers
Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Chopped02

Thanks Mozzy. I do have a bit of experience with nitro. I own 2 Cen prodcts, 1 RD Logics and a Duratrax. The Cens and RD Logis are a pain to find parts for locally so pretty much everything has to be ordered. I'm ok with that as long as I can get the parts. Seems like every shop carries Duratrax so thats not even an issue. Anyways, thanks for the info.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Grits

Hey mozzy, wonder if any parts off the firehammer or hpi baja buggy could be adapted to the 1/8th scale stuff? those parts like the dogbones, diffs, shocks etc should be near indestructable as they are made for much more power etc. Just my two cents and probably already been tried but I wonder...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:54 PM
zack221

mozzy the tornado is the one that has problems with two speed the volcanos dont even have 2 speed also here are two sites to get parts from

www.topspeedtoys.com
www.clermontmotorsports.com

if you need help on which parts need to be replaced let me know and i will get links for you
Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
glk420247

Yes TST is a very good supplier for parts. I have ordered many time and had no probs with them. Also pretty satisfied with the delivery time.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:50 PM
ChevyS10_111

i personally usualy order form redcat because i live 4 hours away from their place in phoenix so pretty much 2 days i have parts...
Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 PM
zack221

well i always have my parts in three days from tst so thats why i recommended them but i dont think i have ordered directly from redcat the only thing i got from redcat was a replacement clutchbell but it took it five days to get here (which didnt matter because i had to order different parts) i guess it just depends on where you live
Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey mozzy, wonder if any parts off the firehammer or hpi baja buggy could be adapted to the 1/8th scale stuff? those parts like the dogbones, diffs, shocks etc should be near indestructable as they are made for much more power etc. Just my two cents and probably already been tried but I wonder...
LOL nah mate haven;t tried. Do ya reckon anything off the massive baja would even fit?? Now a few guys here that have them and from their size, I'd say I doubt it. But anything's possible i suppose!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:46 AM
zack221

i doubt they would fit because the baja is 1/5 scale which is a whole lot bigger than our cars so ever part would be probably to big for our cars