Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

question on the volcano!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
monroefan259

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on the volcano!!!

I just bought a volcano and i am fairly new to the hobby but everytime i start it up it idles way to fast i have messed with the idle screw but eithr way i turn the screw it seems like it has no effect on the idling. PLEASE i need help ive had it for about a month and havent got to run it
Old 12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
glk420247

Default RE: question on the volcano!!!

Read this thread it will help [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5111495/anchors_5112009/mpage_1/anchor/tm.htm#5112009[/link]
Old 12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
glk420247

The following are what the factory settings are incase you ended up tuning things to the point where the car won't start anymore:
High Speed Needle (HSN) - Turn the screw all the way down (clockwise) but don't tighten it. Then unscrew it 2 1/2 to 3 turns (Counter Clockwise).
Low Speed Needle (LSN) - Should be flush with the collar.
Idle Screw Adjustment - Take off your air filter and make sure your throttle is at idle. Then make sure that the opening in the carb is about 1mm.
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2006, 05:13 PM
glk420247

Also make sure on your remote your throttle trim is set to neutral.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:14 PM
zack221

here is how to tune it if you have already broke it in if you havent go back to the stock settings glk posted

here is a simple way to tune your car i had mine running in about 10min after i fixed the air leak it had a air leak where the exhaust connects to the motor (you may want to check for a air leak because if the adjustments arent doing anything you might have a air leak)

ccw means turn the screw counter clockwise
cw means turn the screw clockwise

lsn-ccw richens and cw leans
hsn-cw leans and ccw richens
idle-cw opens the gap and ccw closes the gap

Set air gap of throttle 1.5 mm,(idle screw), HSN Cw til it bottoms out then 3 1/2 turn CCW. LSN Flush with the throttle housing + 1 turn cw. Try to start, will be runnin really rich, if it starts. Turn down idle speed, then adjust HSN cw til you have good acceleration to idle. if your idle speed rises, turn it down. May have to do a couple times. Last adjustment LSN, turn cw slowly til idle speed starts to rise. when it rises you're running lean, turn it CCW till idle speed just drops. Blip the throttle you should be acceleration ok with some smoke coming from the muffler.Lean the HSN 1/8 turn CW till your satisfied.

i also posted a pic of the motor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24012.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	576666  
Old 12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
monroefan259

thanks im going to try that this weekend
Old 04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
monroefan259

I finally got to run it it turned out the gas tank was bad and i had to replace the clutch spring. then i went out and jumped it and the exhaust pipe fell off so now i got to fix that. thanks for all teh help