Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

CLUTCH BELL AND CLUTCH SPRING UPGRADES

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

CLUTCH BELL AND CLUTCH SPRING UPGRADES

Old 12-18-2006, 07:07 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CLUTCH BELL AND CLUTCH SPRING UPGRADES

I figured since alot of people have been asking about the upgraded clutch bell and spring i would make a post just about that.

Hpi 2 speed clutch bell for tornado xp and other 2 speeds

hpi #83069: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXCLR2&P=K
hpi #76977: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXDHM0&P=K
hpi #76982: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXCLR9&P=K

Hpi single speed clutch bell for volcano stx and other single speeds

hpi #77107: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s.../Detail?no=200 this is the vented racing clutch bell with bearings at a great price or http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLST9&P=7 (you can use more or less teeth, less teeth better acceleration, more teeth has more top end and faster)

clutch springs

traxxas #4146: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...46&FVPROFIL=++ (regular)
traxxas #4146x: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go (high stall, more rpm's before engaging the clutch)
Only use the springs with the traxxas setup the clutch shoes wont work

mpi #3072: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUR89&P=7
cheaper alternative

This setup from hpi will eliminate the spring all together:
hpi #A886: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVK12&P=7

Adjustable clutch shoes and spring
hpi #A885: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
volcano single speed spur gear: #8033

Hope this helps some of you's out, i have personally used the hpi cluch bells and the traxxas 4146x spring and i am very happy with them both, the cluch bells will eliminate your problems with stripping gears so i would suggest you do it.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CLUTCH BELL AND CLUTCH SPRING UPGRADES

Good post Ed..
Old 12-18-2006, 07:11 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, too bad we cant make this sticky, Dennis do you know off hand what part numbers the tornado xp's gears are?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:15 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Now that's a good idea, there has to be a way to make it sticky. Maybe someone could call readcat and ask them to make it sticky if they don't read this and do it. Oh ya by the way we ordered 10 of each of the clutch bells, there pretty cheap too.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
bluecaka69

Ehroof im gonna copy and paste this in faq thread hope you dont mind otherwise i think it will get lost
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Chubbysdad

I will make it a sticky ... in a bit
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

Now that's a good idea, there has to be a way to make it sticky. Maybe someone could call readcat and ask them to make it sticky if they don't read this and do it. Oh ya by the way we ordered 10 of each of the clutch bells, there pretty cheap too.

redcat wont, mainly because it'd deter people from buying OEM replacements. If you went to HPI's forums and you saw they recommend some other company's replacement part, time to reconsider your next vehicle.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Chubbysdad

I disagree. Redcat wants there cars to improve. I will or should have the chance very soon to make it a sticky.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM
nitrospeed33

has anyone bought those parts. I got them all on tower, plus a new pipe fo pretty cheap. Towers a good company. I like them. So when I install these parts I should be pertty good off? Those are good upgrades, right? I wont have to worry about all those parts you guys are saying will break?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Kemo

depends on what you bought for an exhaust system. You'd be surprised how much a pipe effects the performance of an engine.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
nitrospeed33

I bought the.... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMH0&P=0. is this good. heard it was.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

it's basically the same as the redcat chrome one, only the one you bought costs more. as for the clutch bell and gears for the two speed you can get that whole set up in one bag all put together from Hobbytown USA for $13.00.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 AM
nitrospeed33

crap[:@] thanks for tellin me now, thats just great. are you sure about that??? and I think the pipe is gonna give me a little extra boost or somethin. I heard it was pertty good pipe and I heard it from someone that has one.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Well I was going to try and tell you the other day but someone kept jumpin on me every time I tried to post something helpfull and they kept telling you not to listen to me, because they claim they were trying to keep you from getting ripped off or something. Well anyway, if you do have a Hobbytown USA near you they are way cheaper Tower the Rip off Hobby.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 AM
nitrospeed33

dude! I just looked on their websit eand they had nothin on parts and even if they did I bet they wouldn't be nearly as good. towers a good company. also do you think its safe to enter into the traxxas hobbytown give away. they ask for alot of personal info. i dont like that. are they safe?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You don't go to hobbytowns website to order parts, you have to go to there store, but there parts are genuine HPI. What you could do is go to there website and put in your zip and see if there is one close to you. If there is you can call them and ask for the part and have them send it to you if your too far away to drive. Anyway point here is that you fixed the problem with the two speed clutch which is a good deal no matter how you look at it.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: nitrospeed33

dude! I just looked on their websit eand they had nothin on parts and even if they did I bet they wouldn't be nearly as good. towers a good company. also do you think its safe to enter into the traxxas hobbytown give away. they ask for alot of personal info. i dont like that. are they safe?

Hobbytowns the bomb if you need something fast, cheap and OEM, they carry every car known to man. There is like 6 of them with in 10 miles of me.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 AM
nitrospeed33

yeah but i dont think they can possibly make money selling a good 30-35$ worth of stuff for 13$. the only way is if they were plastic or not very well made. they can probably buy that stuff for 13$ not sell it for that. im not saying hobbytown is bad, they are good, its just that there has to be a catch. have you ever boughten those pieces at hobbytoen for 13$, all of them? well whatever, maybe ill go down to my local one and see what theys gots.see ya
Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: nitrospeed33

yeah but i dont think they can possibly make money selling a good 30-35$ worth of stuff for 13$. the only way is if they were plastic or not very well made. they can probably buy that stuff for 13$ not sell it for that. im not saying hobbytown is bad, they are good, its just that there has to be a catch. have you ever boughten those pieces at hobbytoen for 13$, all of them? well whatever, maybe ill go down to my local one and see what theys gots.see ya
LOL, Ya I bought 4 of them Friday, There Steel HPI OEM. Ask for the Clutch bell for a RS4 Nitro 3 or 2.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
bluecaka69

i dont tink you got ripped off as tower is cheaper than hobbytown on all of the prices for the hpi bell and pinions
and associated makes good stuff so it will be better than redcats aluminum one is is junk onnly good thing about it is its shiny but shiny doesnt win races

Clutch Bell:Nitro 3, 2 Speed [HPI86039]
by HOBBY PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL
Category: CSR-Gas Car/Truck Replacement Parts Price: $9.00

Tower's Low Price
HPI Clutch Bell 12mm 2-Speed Nitro 3 8.59

Pinion Gear,22Tx12mm:N2&3RS4 RTR [HPI76982]
Category: CPG-Gears & Differentials Price: $5.00

Tower's Low Price
HPI Pinion Gear 22Tx12mm Nitro 2-Speed Nitro 3 4.79

Pinion Gear,17T X 12mm:N3RS4 RTR [HPI76977]
Category: CPG-Gears & Differentials Price: $5.00

Tower's Low Price
HPI Aluminum Threaded Pinion Gear 17T Nitro 3 4.79
Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
nitrospeed33

dude, my tornado should be here today, ready to break in and its snowing....hard.[:@]this is gonna be the first white christmas in about 3-4 years in colorado, I bet you think thats a surprise, but colorado is not as cold as most people think. And we just had to have that white christmas now.ahhhh[:@] I hate snow. NOw im gonna be drueling over my car until after christmas. just sitting there in its box. dude, this is stupid. why did God invent snow,lol. last christmas it was 60+ degrees...and I didn't have a nitrocar, and the last christmas before that when I got my first nitro car the weather was awesome, but now its snowing and Ive been waiting for my car for like a week now and so far its been perfect weather with not a cloud in the sky and temps between 55- 65-70 degrees. Im ticked. and sadahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
bluecaka69

ya i know all bout colorado weather i have family in denver and aribba it almost as bad as montana one day it 65 then the next there a foot of snow but we really havent had much snow this year only 2 good storms but they only brought 3-4 inches so it wasnt all that bad good luck hope it dries up or go to someones shop inside and break it in
Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

it's basically the same as the redcat chrome one, only the one you bought costs more. as for the clutch bell and gears for the two speed you can get that whole set up in one bag all put together from Hobbytown USA for $13.00.

The quality of the metal is far greater than the redcat system. Main issue is, the geometry of the exhaust isn't developed for offroad purposes. Was designed to provide the powerband of what you'd expect for an onroad engine. For 1/10th scale offroad purposes, this is a pipe design to opt for: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKN5&P=7
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
nitrospeed33

the pipe you just showed me is for a nitro tc3 and the pipe that I just bought was for a nitro tc3. I think both would work, and I liked the look of the one I bought. also i dont do too much offroad driving, but I still wanted an offroad car so that I coiuld do off and on raod driving. Road cars may be fast but you cant bring them off road,the jato 3.3 is faster to 60 mph than the nitro 4-tec 3.3, its true, and the 4-tec is only 7 mph faster the the 3.3 jato. thats why I like to get offroad cars, cause you can do both off and on road driving with the buggys truggys and trucks.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Kemo

Traxxas is only "fast" in a straight line. Put them in a racing environment, they are slow.

If you are buying rc's by what they post the speed on the box, you are going to get ripped off a bit in the hobby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.