Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Who has a Hurricane XP XL

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a Hurricane XP XL

Someone on here was asking about front lower A-Arms for the hurricanes in aluminum and if I'm not mistaken the conclusion was made that there not available. I have a source for some that may be the same, I was wondering if anyone wanted to be a guinnie pig and try a set out, there free, I'll send them to you free of charge to check them out and see what you think of them and see if they will fit. They come in chrome or dark blue like the Traxxas blue. If anyone is interested let me know.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
mozzzy_2000

Default RE: Who has a Hurricane XP XL

if you switch to kyosho inferno front c-hubs, you can use the alloy arms for the kyosho inferno mp7.5
Old 12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ok that's what i thought, but you have to switch the front C hubs too, right.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah you basically have to use the kyosho front upper a arms too. Unless you take the king pin off the upper a arm. But just replacing the arm is easier. If you use the inferno servo saver/steering mount and the suspension blocks, you basically convert it to be virtually an inferno.
But for me personnally I have decided that alloy front arms are not really that necessary. I have had many front end smashes and the front lower arms are very strong and being plastic, it aborbs some of the impact. With the alloy upper a arms, and in combination with the sprung front bumper, its very crash resistant.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:28 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

My volcano SV is converted aluminum on the front because I had a full on impact with a car tire and shattered the front A-Arms, needless to say the spring bumper didn't do much good, but I've never converted a Hurricane. So in essence what your saying is that you have to convert both upper and lower A-arms and the hub carrier.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:34 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah basically. I may have missed a few other things, but they're the main differences to the inferno mp7.5
Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

That's interesting I was hoping maybe I could just change the lower A-Arms in the front and be good to go.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:34 AM
mozzzy_2000

that may work although since I have not tried that I could not say. But since the bulkheads are virtually the same as the inferno its highly possible. All I know is that to use the inferno lower arms, you have to also use the c-hub and upper arms. The front suspension pins & steering mount are quite different to that of the inferno mainly because of the sprung bumper but if the kyosho parts line up ok then I guess it is possible. But you'd have to try yourself.