Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

replacement screw kits???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:24 PM
BLAZINRCIH13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement screw kits???

IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE A REPLACEMENT KIT OR PACKAGE??? I HAVE A VOLCANO SV AND EVERYTIME I LOSE A SCREW OR SOMETHING BREAKS ITS OFF TO THE LOCAL RC SHOP FOR A QUICK FIX.... I SEE THAT U CAN BUY ALL INDIVIDUAL SCREWS AND PARTS FROM SITES BUT DOES ANYONE SELL A PACKAGE OF REPLACEMENT PARTS OR ANYTHING???

THANKS
Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
mozzzy_2000

Default RE: REPLACEMTENT KIT?

no i don;t think they produce actuall factory screw kits but as you have mentioned, there are commercial kits available. I have a 1/8 buggy and I just buy a decent screw kit everynow & then. Not sure what would be most similar to the volcano but I am guessing there should be a screw kit that will be compatable. Screws are not that specific to the cars so I guess you could always put together a kit of the most used screws?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:56 PM
BLAZINRCIH13

k ya ima hit up the hardware store tomorrow but i really didnt know whut to buy ... until i lose it or it breaks it doesnt really hit me..
Old 12-25-2006, 11:01 PM
mozzzy_2000

M3 or M4 sized screws of different lengths is probably the best start but yeah there are specific screw types that you may need so maybe scouting around the volcano thread might help. Have you used locktight on the screws? If you haven;t I'd suggest removing the screws and add locktight to them. You shouldn't really lose any after a bit of locktight.
I'd also retitle this thread and call it "replacement screw kits". Then someone might see it and help out.
Cheers
Old 12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
BLAZINRCIH13

Default RE: replacement screw kits???

thanks 4 the advice
Old 12-25-2006, 11:46 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

There are screw kits, but it's way cheaper to go to the hardware store and get the screws.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:04 AM
mozzzy_2000

yeah they're all standard metric sized screws. My advice would be to replace them with hex head screws. These seem to strip less than standard head screws in my opinion.