Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Volcano SV- need help

My son got a Volcano SV for Christmas and we haven't had any luck getting it started on a regular basis.

Replaced fuel line, got a glow plug and a glow plug heater just to rule them out. Nothing seems to work. Acts as if it is getting no gas and then next thing its flooded.

Any suggestions??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano SV- need help

thats really strange. i would check all the screws that are related to the engine. you could have a loose screw holding on the cooling head or a loose screw holding on the exhaust header. I think its probably a loose screw on the cooling head though. just tighten everything up, and it should.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey.. i was having the same problem.. adjust the needle valve on top and try some more...mine was gettin flooded from all the pulls of the motor with no start.. im new to this so hope that lil info helps

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A loose muffler or head screw has nothing to do with it so dont overtighten everthing.Try taking a paperclip and push it through the nipples and see if any of them are clogged.Then see if it will prime if it still wont prime than connect the fuel line to the carburetor nipple and blow through the other end and listen real close and see if you hear any air coming out.If you do than get some silicone and find where its leaking and put the silicone on it to seal it up.Then if it still wont prime then take a dremel or something and cut a little bit of the nipple off and see if the gas flows.