Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

clutch bell, gear and spring install

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

clutch bell, gear and spring install

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
jshelto3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch bell, gear and spring install

If everything goes right my tornado BB will be on my door step tomorrow. I already have my new clutch bell, gears, and clutch spring sitting here on my desk but nothing came with any instructions. Is there somewhere I can read some kind of instructions or does anybody have any advice for me before I go tearing my brand new car apart.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:00 PM
zack221

Default RE: clutch bell, gear and spring install

What gear are you talking about? It aint hard at all take the 4screws loose on the engine and the screw and nut loose on the exhaust and you will be able to slide the motor out.Also take the top plate off too because it helps get the gear mesh perfect because you can see the gears better.Check the FAQ thread they have post on how to put the spring on and put the clutchbell on.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
jshelto3

Default RE: clutch bell, gear and spring install

The gears mentioned in the sticky. Do I need to use any locktite on those gears or are they just tightened.