Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Brakes keep warping

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes keep warping

Ahhhh! A couple of weeks back I had a monster crash with my 1/8 truck (fuel filter jammed the throttle open after a small jump, run full tilt into my jump on the other side of the driveway. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but my neighbor was home... long story short, grabbed my truck out of the back seat of his car, brushed off the bits of his broken window, damn... broke a support arm) So after I took the arms off my buggy, I was ready to run again. I then noticed the breaks sticking (check all the usuals -servos etc) I found that my front brake disks had warped (truck would roll a foot, stick, roll, stick roll etc.) Took it apart, fixed the warp, rolled smooth. Here's the problem (took awhile didn't it), now everytime I run, the brake disk keeps warping in the front after about 5-10 minutes running. Any ideas? Also, can I take the front brake right off? The steering on the 1/8 truck is pretty bad (wants to push straight through turns, unless someone has a suggestion) I was thinking of using the brakes more like a hand brake for fast turning.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:07 PM
nitrospeed33

Default RE: Brakes keep warping

wow thats a cool story. What did your neighbor do? did he get all pissed off? and for the whole break thing something could be bent or glass got jammed in there. buy a new brake set. i think you bent something. but really cool story.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:23 PM
MiniCwik

Yes, cool indeed and brakes are cheap here is a link to them on clermont's site - http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/servlet/Detail?no=31
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
mbe301

Ya, neighbor was pissed until I showed him how it happened, he's thinking of getting a nitro now... still waiting for the bill for his window though. Thanks for the link though.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
nitrospeed33

cool. i should try that with my nieghbors, get them into nitro cars.