Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

IS IT IN RIGHT PLACE INCLUDES IMAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

IS IT IN RIGHT PLACE INCLUDES IMAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:40 PM
123michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS IT IN RIGHT PLACE INCLUDES IMAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE NEEDELS AND SCREWS IN RIGHT PLACE AND THAT COS THE CAR ROLLS FOWARD WHEN I START IT UP[&:] OH AND HOW DO YOU TIGHTEN BRAKES UP MORE[&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29369.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	601739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27628.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	601740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35667.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	601741  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IS IT IN RIGHT PLACE INCLUDES IMAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks like the idle is too high, you have to lower it by turning the idle screw(one with a sping) counter clockwise so the opening in the carb is smaller, its open too much now. the low speed needle it soo, you really cant tell by the picture about the high speed needle.

by the way bro, clean that car, lol, make sure nothing gets in the carb.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
123michael

Default RE: IS IT IN RIGHT PLACE INCLUDES IMAGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok il take engiene off to clean been on field and an all wether pich
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
123michael

by the way brakes arnt on full how do i tighten fully
[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 04:18 PM
mc carl

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo lollollollollollol
Old 01-19-2007, 04:22 PM
123michael

wat the hell[&:]dont reck the forum[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 04:24 PM
zack221

are you trying to tune it?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
123michael

no it rolls farward when started
[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
zack221

have you checked the clutch spring?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

his idle is too high, look at the gap in the first picture. you adjust the brake by turning the the plastic knob/nut at the end of the brake linkage, clockwise tightens the brakes.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:38 PM
MiniCwik

Clutch spring - see if you can spin the clutch bell housing easily and listen for the grinding metal on metal noise. Will it roll forward and backward easily or does it lock up? If yes to these, clutch spring is bad.

Definitely close up that carb opening as ehroof described. Turn your low speed needle out some too so that it is flush with the collar around it.

And clean that thing up (if no one said so yet) ;-)

Let us know how that helps.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM
123michael

i dont think cluch spring would not have gone bechause i have put traxas in and racing cluch
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM
123michael

sorry about spelling[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
nitro_racer_1
My Feedback: (2)

to tighten up the brake; on the brake linkage rod that comes off of the servo u should have a little black knob on the end of it, to tighten up the brake u simply tighten that knob at the end of the linkage.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:55 PM
white minority

Looks like maybe your screws are loose on brakes, arm looks like they are already applied ??
Old 01-19-2007, 10:01 PM
nitro_racer_1
My Feedback: (2)

yeah that could be too the screws that hold the pads on could be loose
Old 01-20-2007, 05:52 AM
123michael

the barake pads screws arnt loose its the stupid brakes-if you take the survos arm off the brake lingage and push the brake all the way around where the survo cant get to the brake it is jam tight[&:]
Old 01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
nitrospeed33

my brakes went all crappy on me, they barely worked. i messed around with it for weeks trying to tighten them and then they would rub[:'(] and then i loosen them and they would barley stop. i fgured out that the only way to make the brakes work and keep them from rubbing in the idle positoin is to clean em. when i took my brakes apart, they had a ton of sludgy stuff[:'(] in them. all i had to do was clean em out, and put them back on and put everything back how it was and now they are really strong and dont rub at all. no matter how much you tighten or loosen, your not gonna fix it if the brakes are really dirty. hope this helps