Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

cant idle without wheels spinning

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
slicrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant idle without wheels spinning

hi can anyone tell me why my volcano sv wont idle at a stand still no matter how low rpms are???are my clutch springs broken??
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cant idle without wheels spinning

yes, the spring is broke. get the traxxas 4146x spring, dont use the shoes that come with it just the spring.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 PM
slicrick

well i can roll the truck with engine off smoothly without it engaging the engine,is this a symptom of a broken spring??thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:19 AM
MiniCwik

To my experience whenever the clutch spring was broken, the truck would not roll smoothly forward or backwards. Basically the clutch would engage and it would stop/be hard to move as well as I would hear the grinding noise of the shoes/spring against the inside of the clutch bell housing.

Check to be sure your throttle trim adjustment on your transmitter (controller) is set to the middle position. Be sure your carb opening is only 1.0mm or 1/8", I thought mine was and my truck would always want to walk forward a little, so I closed it even more and now it idles sweet and does not want to move at all.

Your throttle servo should be a little towards the back of the chassis, not the front, check that too.