Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
nitrospeed33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow!!!!!!!!!!!

so i got the pullstart in the mail yesterday(thanks allaboutfun) so i brought it out for a drive, and it started pretty easily. so then i brought it up to my street and started drivin it, and it was fast, i mean i haven't even tuned it and i have it at stock settings and this thing was doing donuts whenever i floored it and it was doin wheel burns and all that stuff. it was really fast. it still has that low range rpm thing were it takes a couple seconds for the rpms to get up during acceleration, but after that the rpms just sky rocket and it would fly. for some reason I have't been able to get it into second gear yet, isn't there some screw you can turn to adjust the shifting? but anyways, this thing had some serious power and the temps were like in the high 40s. I was impressed, but then i started to here a weird clinging sound, so i checked the car and i stripped the gears! this thing just shredded them up. i really dont think that stipped screw has an effect on the engine so far, but I shouldn't speak too soon, lol. but can anyone get me a link for the spur gears, both of them. i would apprecaite it. thanks. im so proud of my baby.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Try these
Attached Images    
Old 01-24-2007, 07:31 PM
nitrospeed33

is that for how to make it shift properly? pics are really small, but i know what screw your talking about. but which way would i turn? also can anybody help me with the links to the spur gears?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
nitrospeed33

i looked on clermonts page and i found these, are they right? i need both the 1st and 2nd gear ones and i want the stock amount of teeth. thanks

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s.../Detail?no=191

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s.../Detail?no=122

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s.../Detail?no=160

thanks!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 PM
bluecaka69

the stock ones for the tornado are 47 42
the lightning uses 44 39

edit; also dont loosen the screw for the 2nd gear until after you tune it cause it might not be goin fast enough to engage 2nd gear
if it still doent work when you lossen shift screw be very careful cause there is a little spring in there and it WILL go flying so when you find the right spot make sure to use loctite cause the can and will vibrate out while driving hope this helps
Old 01-25-2007, 10:22 AM
nitrospeed33

okay, thanks, so your saying to tune the car first and then adjust the shifting screw? and how would i lockitite it? do you mean just to take the whole screw out and then locktite it and then find the perfect setting?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
bluecaka69

yes tune first cause after you lean it out youll pick up more rpm and at higher rpm the shaft will spin faster causing it to engage 2nd gear try this first

and how would i lockitite it? do you mean just to take the whole screw out and then locktite it and then find the perfect setting?
as for loctite its however you want to do it you couold find the right spot that you want and when you remove screw count turns so you know were to stop after you put the loctite in cause if you put loctite in them try to adjust you might only get one chance before loctite dries
Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
nitrospeed33

okay. thanks, is it bad if I dont use locktite? and also the day after i finished break in, before i even tuned, the car was shifting nicely into second, so maybe it doesn't have to do with tuning. BUt ill try anyways. thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
bluecaka69

no its not bad if yo dont use loctite but i preffer it
if it was shifting earlier then screw may have fell out already, or the peice that allows it to shift is not working right, spray a little wd 40 on it see what happens, those 2 speed cltuch things have been known to bind and not allow car to shift
Old 01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
nitrospeed33

sounds bad, but i did check the car and the screw is still in there, so maybe ill jsut spray a little wd in there. thanks for the help.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM
nitrospeed33

this really stinks[:@] i ordered parts from allaboutfunhobbies and they should be here tommorow or sunday and both those days are gonnabe cold and snowy, and lately, while my car has been broken the weather has been great, te roads are clean and dry and its in the 50s and the now the day i get my parts so i can run it again, its suppost to snow 6 inches. [:'(][:@][][&:][X(] i hate winter[:'(]
Old 01-27-2007, 09:02 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow nitro, you get mail on sunday?? LOL Thats always the way it is, always nice when you have work or school and bad when its time to play, damn mother nature!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
nitrospeed33

wait,no i dont get mail on sunday.