Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:32 PM
nitrospeed33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission?

okay, so you all proly know that i stripped my spur gears, right? the new ones have'nt come yet, but when they do i need to know how to put them in and how to adjust them. i allready know that i need to take the engine out and the whole transmission, but from there im not too sure. and when i do put it in, do i need to do any adjustments or anything? with my rusty, i had to adjust the spur gear to a piont where it could slip alittle but not too much at all. if it was too tight the engine would rip it to shredds and if it was to loose it would just spin and not move much, ehroof proly knows what i mean. so any help would be great. thanks
Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM
zack221

Default RE: transmission?

you dont have to take the engine out if you only stripped the tranny gears out.here is a little tip when putting the tranny back in take off the top plate it is alot easier to put the drive shafts back on
Old 01-27-2007, 08:52 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you have nitro?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:57 PM
zack221

tornado bb is what he has
Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 speed so there's no slipper on that just gears nitro, its different than the rusty. Easy enough to change though, just take the 4 screws out of the bottom of the transmission and take it out of the car, take the drive cups off and the trans comes apart.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:52 PM
zack221

just to save you a little more time you dont have to take off both drive cups just one (the one without the brakes is easier so you dont have to mess with the brakes)once you take off the drive cup just unloosen the screws on that side and slide the side off becareful and dont lose the bearings.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
nitrospeed33

okay, thanks guys!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
zack221

here you go this is from chubbysuncle

http://www.putfile.com/uncgreg/images/18903
Old 01-28-2007, 12:06 AM
nitrospeed33

thanks for the link, but i find it alot easier to just take the engine out and then the trans, thats only 8 screws alotgether, and if i were to take the upper chassis off, it would be alot more. besides, i will need to reset the gear mesh cause obviously something was wrong. and i also need to clean my brakes again. i had cleaned them after i had my bad flipover and broke the wing mount and all that, and the brakes worked like a charm, but within the first 10 minutes of being out there, grim got in the brakes again and the car almost went into the middle of a busy street, the brakes were so weak that an ant could push it without struggle, lol. but thanks for the help.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:18 AM
zack221

you can take the motor out but it really isnt needed but hey its your car so you can work on it the way you want im not telling you that you cant take the motor out o it is 9 screws you forgot the exhaust screw or are you missing a screw lol