ORIGINAL: uncle everett
My suspension travel is crushing my dogbones. I've orderd the cvds, but they are too long and also get crushed. I've limited my suspension travel by putting spacers into my suspension, but would like full travel and am wondering if you can recomend shorted cvds? 08046 is the cvd I ordered, but they won't come even close to fitting in the rear.
I don't have a nitro Volcano but I hope some experience with the brushless version can help:
I own an HSP Brontosaurus, it's basically a 1:10 Redcat Volcano EPX.
They are all from the same factory (according to my supplier who claimed he had been there).
I am running 3300kv brushless on 8.4V NiMH.
And I am also bending dogbones during jumps/crashes/cartwheels/half tube stunts etc.
Remedy: adjust the camber of both wheels just a lil more positive. It'll give a little more gap for suspension travel. I also stiffened up the springs with preloaders.
They helped because I bash instead of race.
- Aluminium propeller shaft (long shaft) was twisted broken at the joint between the ball head and the tube shaft. The pin simply spins off due to centrifugal force (i guess).
Damage: it ate a hole in my motor can. [:@]
Remedy: replaced the pin and secured it with epoxy.
- Servo saver always comes loose, so I locktite it, same as wheel nuts and motor mouting screws.
- Stock servo is too weak. During full throttle acceleration, steering would go out of alignment. So I changed it with a left over high torque servo from a previous 1:8 truggy. Tighten the servo saver a lil more and steering is smooth....but...servo saver is 'deforming', if that's the right word. - got to find a metal one.
- stock composite chassis is too soft, and bending even with the double deck design. My upper deck aluminum plate had gone all wavy so every now and then I'll have to flatten it.
- spur and pinion worn out fast due to dust/debris. I spray them with silicone dry lube.
- remember to locktite all screws on metals especially the grub screw in drive cups. I had bad experience.
did you put a small piece of fuel tubing in each drive cup to take up the slack? you need to leave a little slack but you need to keep it even with 2 pieces of tubing
I don't understand, won't this limit the gap on both ends? I am new to RC and still have lots to learn. Pls help explain.
Thanks & just my 2 cents.