Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

i need the gasket called the LINING CHIP (02044) WHERE CAN I GET THAT FOR THE volcano sv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i need the gasket called the LINING CHIP (02044) WHERE CAN I GET THAT from. for THE volcano sv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks anyways i fount it on redcat racing site. does any one know anything about the two remote redcate sells and if there any good or worth upgrading from the stock ones? and if they work with other cars...or maybe just a remote sugesstion for a volcano sv?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cant tune the engine right. i sat with it and tried to for an hour and gave up. somebody tell me, where should the needles be at? i moved them with the car off, and now i cant get anything right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, here

close the high needle and open it 2 1/2 turns, make the low needle flush with the metal collar around it, then start it and watch these videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg

Hi, i got a problem with my volcano SV,
    I lost the frequency thing on the remote, the one that is in between the St. trim and the Th. Trim; anyone knows how can i get a new piece or a new remote ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

chack redcat, clermont or a lhs for a whole radio setup.
    mxt 2-s mega e mt10 viper

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: igna57

Hi, i got a problem with my volcano SV,
    I lost the frequency thing on the remote, the one that is in between the St. trim and the Th. Trim; anyone knows how can i get a new piece or a new remote ?

do you mean frequency crystal? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...partno=AM27MHZ

yeap, its the crystal on the remote, it used to be red and said 27mhz, do i have to get a specific one or just the one on the link you gave me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can get any pair, unless it has the same last 3 numbers you will have to change the reciever and the transmitter.

which last 3 numbers are you talking about ?, im new at this, sorry [&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no problem, it will be 27.145 or 27.450, the last 3 numbers have to match, one in the transmitter and reciever, they have to be exactly the same, you cant have 27.125 in the transmitter and 27.145 in the reciever, it wont work. they have to be the same number, i am sure the link i gave you is for 2 of them, a matching pair.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Volcano SV Pro and when I pull it to start it idles fine for a couple of seconds. At that point it stops because when I remove the glow starter but at that time and sometimes after the glow starter is removed the pull cord makes a sharp metallic ting sound and then the engine dies. Would this be the clutch spring being broken or something else. I am really new to this stuff and it is driving me crazy already. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Driving you crazy eh?
    WELCOME TO THE HOBBY[sm=punching.gif]
    i had no clue what i was getting into either

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cant help you tho wait for ehroof

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome, I cant wait. I really wanted to get some time in with this thing today before the storm came but its here now so I guess I'll wait to drive later, but hopefully not after multiple trips to the hobby shop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey i hear you all the way nitrozach
    i got one 4 my son and i spen more time fixin & figuring out than he does drivin
    THANK GOD 4 THIS FORUM !!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: brettjriddle

I have a Volcano SV Pro and when I pull it to start it idles fine for a couple of seconds. At that point it stops because when I remove the glow starter but at that time and sometimes after the glow starter is removed the pull cord makes a sharp metallic ting sound and then the engine dies. Would this be the clutch spring being broken or something else. I am really new to this stuff and it is driving me crazy already. Thanks

its just the sound of the spring in the pull start recoiling when the engien shuts off, sounds like your either too rich or you need to change the glow plug. I would suggest an os a3. Try replacing the glow plug first, if that doesnt help, then lean the 2 tuning needles a 1/2 turn each and see if that helps, if you dont have a spare glow plug, try leaning the needles first and see if it helps, if not, glow plug.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey im trying to tune my engine but its skrewed up. if i put the needles at 2 1/2turns and flush with the metal, is that how it comes stock? or where it should be? or close to being tuned?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats about right.. 2 1/2 out and the the other Flush
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT http://himotoracing.com, http://himotoracingusa.com
    Owner of The 805 Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a question about the steering hub. My little brother got a used SV PRO and one of the steering hubs is different from the other. I know it was probably replaced but why does it only have one hole for the steering linkage to attach to? Because it only has one hole the steering linkage hits the shock, limiting the steering range in one direction. I looked up the part in the manual (02165) but Redcat doesn't list it on their site and the only place I have found it is Himoto. Redcat says to use 06043 but in the manual this part is listed for the Tornado BB and after looking at pictures it seems like the Tornado BB only has one hole in the steering hub. I have Clermont looking into getting me a 02165 from Himoto but in the mean time have any of you had an experience like this when you had to replace a front hub? Did the 06043 replacement have two holes or one? The pics on the web don't really show it to well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the tornado bb only has 1 hole in it, just looked at 2 i have. i dont have the sv, i have the stx so i dont know about the truck, i have an sv on the way, should be here on wednesday

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Having problems perhaps someone can help. I purchase from Redcat a volcano SV and the tsunami. I have had 3 days of hell trying to get them operate properly. I would consider myself somewhat intelligent at least capable of following directions from videos and manuals etc. I have gotten both cars to run through a tank of gas for part of the break in period. I also got the Volcano SV to do one additional tank of gas following Redcats directions for the break in period. Problem is when they run out of gas it is next to and now appears to be impossible to restart the cars! I have tried over a three-day period and even took them to my local hobby shop and they tried at an additional cost of $40. I am not trying to upset anyone but who are these people? When my order was shipped they were supposed to send to back plates for the starters I purchased. They sent one correct and one off the wall not for either vehicle. I also was supposed to receive and upgrade 2-speed transmission kit for the Volcano and they sent me a 2-speed kit for the Tsunami, which is already a two speed. They also failed to ship the battery for the starter I purchased. Anyways I am just ranting about the other problems, but if anyone has any ideas on what to do with the cars please advise. I have checked all the standard stuff glow plug, glow plug igniter and reset all needles to break in repeatedly. They have successfully fired now 3 times over three days! Any ideas?

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast