Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1692

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

thanks for the patience everyone...
    BROKEN TOOTH on a gear inside the rear gear box... damaged the ring differential gear... so now I need a ring gear and the gear tht drives the ring gear..... can anyone ship it to me FAST??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ugly duck Thanks! the tranny is a redcat 2 speed that with some tweaking we put an hpi 47 tooth savage gear on.. the plastic redcat gears would actually MELT when we would idle for a bit with the .32 so the most we ever got out of a plastic gear was 5 or 6 tanks and that was really annoying changing that gear all the time. now im on my third ring and pinion.. So welcome to the club Gelo lol..
    anyway, as far as the metal gear goes.. I dont know how well it would work with a small block, since the redcat 2 speed wouldnt work on the volcano.. it had no power. I think 47 tooth is the 2nd gear, but with 3 horsepower it still has plenty of torque. to keep the small block and have a better tranny I dont know how to help... 47 tooth is just about the bigest one I can fit on my truck so unless you add more power I dont know how to get away from that gear reduction.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gelo USA,

Got your PM. Sent you one.
    I came into this world with nothing and I plan on having most of it left when I leave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does part number 08023 come with the brakes and cups too??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No.
    to Complete unit you would need
    02044 Brakes
    02016 Cup
    02034 Cup

Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ohh ok thanks... cause I might need a new set... hope not.... waiting for some other gears see if it fixes my problem... if not I will try replacing the whole transmission assembly.... its the last shot...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just out of curiosity cause I knw one day I will have to do it...
    how do I rebuild an engine?? and how many gallons before I need to do it??

wich one is better... the sh .18 or the team infinity .18 I cant find parts for team infinity... Can I use a regular .18 carb with 3 nedles on my team infinity wich the stock carb has only 2 and its kind of hard to tune it.???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most time all you need to do is replace the piston and sleeve. there is a thread some where here on that.

Now for the infinity .18 and the sh.18. I would go with the sh.18. FOr one i like it way better and for 2 you can't get parts for the infinity .18 because infinity went out of business.

As far as gallons through your engine. all depends on how it is tuned and how hard it is run. could be 1 gallon to 10 gallons.

the sh.18 is very easy to tune. another plus
    A man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea I realized it was hard to find parts for the infinity.. I was gonna get a piston an a sleeve to keep at home but cant find it ... oooo well.. when I need to rebuild it I will just send it to redcat and get an SH... I can understand its easyer to tune... it has the 3 needdles the infinity has only 2.. no low speed needle

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mann.. the fuel tube is too close to the trans... it turns so tight it seems like its reducing fuel flow.. has anyone done anything to fix it??? I was thinking of getting longer fuel lines and flip the tank with the output to the front....tht way I have more time when I flip the truck to run and flip it back.... and the line wont be so close to the gears....
    EDIT*** cant flip it...

I tried to pull the pull start... its loose... like the cord comes in and out normally but it doesnt spin the motor... it spins like only one cycle and gets loose...do I need a new pullstart?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no your one way bearing is slipping. mine is doing it but i just keep pullin then when it starts it doesnt slip anymore till its cold again. or just take it out and clean it
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya that happened to me too, but i just left it and pull on it till it starts. Which takes a while some times when it's slippin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok it broke... I need a new one... the spring broke... wich one should I buy I only see the one for the SH.. can I get it in a local hobby shop is it a standard size for .18 engines??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take the starter off, remove bearing and clean it with wd40 or other.
    Then oil with light oil - sewing machine or air tool oil works well.
    DO NOT BLOW THE BEARING DRY WITH COMPRESSED AIR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took it apart.. the return spring broke... the hardest things to happen.. HAPPEN TO ME ALL THE TIME... lol I still havent figured out the clicking noise... I replaced both diffs... now I m waiting on the pullstart and a full new trans assembly EVERYTHING cups brakes and all... [&o]
    if I could make it work right I might even buy a buggy soon... but I cant even figure out this one.... I jst dnt knw if the buggy is gonna be redcat...I m scared I will save some bucks but have the same problems... redcat nick is being very very very helpful.. but we cant figure it out and the truck came with tht problem already...
    for the pullstart I have no idea how it broke cause I ve heard they last a long time and I only had a gallon through the truck... and always pull it like only half way... enough to get it running...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

man... I finally found my clicking problem.... the diff between the pinion and ring gear on both diffs... it has a play of more then a 1/16 of an inch and I tested the diffs separately and they are the "clickers" lol but thts how they came from factory... maybe it came missing a washer or so but can any of u guys tell me where should I have a washer inside the diff if there is any and the sizes... cause mine has none.. it has a little play thts why I am assuming there should have been washers...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my body is messed up and I dnt want to order it online...
    does any 1/10 body fit?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We have clear unpainted and pre painted for the Volcano

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys.. finally got my volcano pro fixed... with redcat nick's help....after a gallon through the truck I will have my first run with the truck running correctly only this weekend but thinking on the brighter side at least now I knw how everything on the truck works... everysingle part.....andddd I have bought almost all the parts for it trying to find what was wrong so I have tons of spare parts now...
    I was looking forward into an hurricane pro but cant find it anywhere I want to buy one some time in the next few months....

my steering servo went crazy.... I m using a futaba one I had with a horn I made but it dsnt have that much strength... what servo do u guys recommend tht will fit the stock servo horn.... something I can get in a lhs cause I dnt want to wait for shipping.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redcat Nick
    ...Now for the infinity .18 and the sh.18. I would go with the sh.18. FOr one i like it way better and for 2 you can't get parts for the infinity .18 because infinity went out of business.

As far as gallons through your engine. all depends on how it is tuned and how hard it is run. could be 1 gallon to 10 gallons.

the sh.18 is very easy to tune. another plus
    I wish I would have known this prior to my purchase…

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how do I knw if my clutch needs to be replaced?? how often do they usually go bad if the idle is properly tuned??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It will be slugish and act like the engine has no power. If u keep trying to tune it and it still doesn't seem like it has any power, always put checking your clutch and the check list. Also, if the clutch spring breaks, it will lock against the CB and it won't start + when u pick it up and pull the P/S, the wheels will move. A clutch on that truck should last 4-5 gallons depending on how u drive

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ohh... just curiosity....

I did noticed the performance decreased but I m sure its not the clutch... its probably the glow plug... I ran a gallon already and replaced the glow plug only once....

I think I will be buying a tornado s30 instead of a 1/8.. parts for the 1/8 are more expensive...I only wanted for fun... running around the street and bashing so the tornado s30 will do it...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought this redcat volcano three days ago... had a total of less than 12 tanks of 20% fuel thru it... Problems : First 8 tanks are for the break-in process, and right after the 8th tank, glow plug burns out, which is normal.... Then replace it with an OS glow plug no.8, start the ninth tank, it runs for half a tank, one way bearing gives... breaking my pull start with it and striipping it, stalling the engine and killed my glow plug. I took out the pullstart, gut out the contents and put the cover back on, change the glow plug, and use a starter box to start it instead of replacing the bearing and pullstart.... Then after around 2 tanks, engine stalls and I couldnt get it to start again, the flywheel is stuck !! Took it home and take the engine apart, found that the piston and connecting rod broke !!! Couldnt believe redcat stuffs is this fragile !!! and I was only running on the parking lot, no dirt, no grass....
    I know I'm running the engine the correct way, not too lean...

My advise : Stay away from them.... spend a little more money and get decent brand for prevent future headache !!

And about redcat engine replacement warranty, it's a hassle.... and who will know how long it takes for them to send it out if ever they approve it. I hate to leave my rc car sitting there collecting dust, but what else can I do ?? Guess its time to junk it and get some well known brand names....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast