Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Anomie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

ORIGINAL: Gelo_USA

BUMPING.... (if this is not allowed in this forum let me knw and I wont do it again)
Just an empty bump is not allowed, but commenting makes it a useful message.

No bump for you!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
greasemonkeyfred

I have a question ,what would cause my drive cups to be cutting in half ,is it from lack of lubrication and if so what do you recommend I use
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
luxuryblue883

melted the battery pack in my Volcano. lost control and went full out into a brick wall. Little dissapointed but has anyone else ever had this happen? I may have been running the truck for about 5 min when it happened. the plastic melted where the springs where imbedded. Little hard to see in the picture but I am confused.
Thanks [img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86018.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	966332  
Old 06-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Gelo_USA

is it a SV?? if its the pro where did u place the battery pack?? wasnt it to close to the engine????
Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 PM
luxuryblue883

ORIGINAL: Gelo_USA

is it a SV?? if its the pro where did u place the battery pack?? wasnt it to close to the engine????
It is an SV it it beside the motor in the enclosure with the AM Reciever. It was a hot day but seems a little extreme to be melting plastic?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Gelo_USA

ohh ok.. then it wouldnt be the engine... I was thinking maybe u had a pro and placed the batteries to close to the engine... I still dnt think would be enough to melt but I dnt knw just a guess....
Old 06-15-2008, 05:29 PM
kutzie1793

heyy i need the heat sink (top of engine) and the threaded piece inside it (where glowplug screws into). haha, i really beat the *you know what* outta this thing. i customized the rear suspension to sit higher, 2 custom bodies, custom exhaust, hope to post pictures soon. anyway back to my problem, i need the heat sink and threaded piece inside it, but im pretty broke and realy cant use a credit card to buy off the internet. does anyone have it who could possibly mail it? (i can pay, not much). please send me a private message or e-mail me at [email protected]. thanks alott
Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
New2RC2008

I just ordered my Volcano SV and I should be getting it tomorrow....I was reading about after run oil. How important is this if I am going to be running the truck on a regular basis? I also want to build a jump does anyone have any suggestions? I am also open to any other helpful hints in using my new truck.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
RCdestroyer

I'm looking to put an rpm pipe and hpi header on a Volcano SV so if you could list a good one that will work on it, that would be great!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just received in this part for those that are interested.

http://www.redcatracing.com/parts_se...t.asp?q=08013t

Darin
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 AM
chevyderek72

people have different opinions on after run oil, if im going to be runnin in the next day or two i dont use it but if i store it for a bit or if think i might i use it, i just bought some marvel mystery oil and it will last me the rest of my life.

and go to allaboutfunhobbies.com they have the rpm pipes, i have the ae rpm one and i love it.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
a4d2a0m

ORIGINAL: New2RC2008

I just ordered my Volcano SV and I should be getting it tomorrow....I was reading about after run oil. How important is this if I am going to be running the truck on a regular basis? I also want to build a jump does anyone have any suggestions? I am also open to any other helpful hints in using my new truck.

I felt the same way, "I would run the truck as often as i could"......"It probably wouldn't sit for more than 2 days." In fact you do get busy, and you do have down time. after run oil is one of the best forms of preventative maitenance, other than proper engine break-in. For peace of mind and my forgetfulness I bought morgans sidewinder fuel (20% - 10%oil) It has additives in it to eliminate the need for after run oil.......very nice!!!!!

Adam
Old 06-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Gelo_USA

problems...
I keep breaking the pullstart on my team infinity engine.... I noticed tht the last two times it broke the spring was after my bro hit the curb and the engine stalled when I went to turn it on the spring was broken... thts what happened both times it broke... what could be wrong??? OWB?? I will try to get an electric starter today for the infinity engine.... but what do u guys think might be my problem??
Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 AM
rclynx

Interesting post there Darin at #1232 [&:]
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

Does anyone have any interest in buying an old Volcano SV for spare parts?

Problems with the truck:

- Cracked rim
- Dented tuned pipe
- Stripped Spur gear
- Missing a dogbone
- Missing battery cover for reciever
Good Stuff:

+Brand NEW body that is cut and has never seen the light of day (not in original packaging)
+ Cut clear body (not in original packaging)
+ Exrta Antena Tubes
+ Hump pack WITH charger
+ Aluminum Body mounts
+ Aluminum Upper Plate
+ Aluminum Steering linkages
+ Aluminum Fuel Filter
+ Aluminum tuned pipe (dented)><
+ Performance header
+ 2 diffrent Gearboxes(both with stripped spur gears ><)and 2 diffrent clutchbells

Thats about it!
P.M. me or just respond here with any questions or offers.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 AM
numskull223

how much you asking? Does it have the a runnin .18?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

yes it does, and About $120 OBO because of all the goodies that come with it and i need stuff for my Evader!

Also comes with extra air filters
ANOTHER beat up for bashing
and the Engine is a VX.18 that runs great
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Anomie

Please keep in mind that buying and selling are expressly forbidden in the discussion forums. I have removed a few posts because of this.

From the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm]RCU Community Rules[/link]:

SELLING:
All selling takes place in the RCU Marketplace which provides for free listings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum can compare to. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please use only the Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction, for sale or wanted posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No threads, posts or ads linking to auctions or classified ads. No discussion forum posts linking to ads unless the information answers a question being discussed. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

ORIGINAL: Reiko

Please keep in mind that buying and selling are expressly forbidden in the discussion forums. I have removed a few posts because of this.

From the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_377662/tm.htm]RCU Community Rules[/link]:

SELLING:
All selling takes place in the RCU Marketplace which provides for free listings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum can compare to. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please use only the Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction, for sale or wanted posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No threads, posts or ads linking to auctions or classified ads. No discussion forum posts linking to ads unless the information answers a question being discussed. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
sehaines

I just purchased a volcano, engine is running fine. When I went to run it for the 3rd time I took the tires off and cleaned it up and put the tires back on and now the tires have seized and they won't turn at all. Can anyone help me with what may be wrong?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
perhamrocks

ORIGINAL: sehaines

I just purchased a volcano, engine is running fine. When I went to run it for the 3rd time I took the tires off and cleaned it up and put the tires back on and now the tires have seized and they won't turn at all. Can anyone help me with what may be wrong?
you overtightened the lock nut on the tires, so now you need to take the wheels off and loosen up the grub screws on the wheel hex with an allen wrench, and then re-tighten them. All you did was push the wheel hex tight up against the plastic.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:31 AM
sehaines

Thanks for your help with this...... I was thinking that was the problem but I was unable to get them off. I'm going to purchase a better allen wrench today. Thanks alot!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
numskull223

Hello all,
I was bashing my Volcano and noticed that the front wheels was the only one pullin. The rears have stopped. No missing dogbones, and when I spin the rear tires everthing turns and the tranny spins with it. Have I blown the tranny?

Does Redcat make steel tranny gears, Mines plastic and is needing replaced. Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
perhamrocks

if the front wheels spin, but the back ones dont it is not your tranny because there is a single shaft that drives both the front and back. Check all of your drive cups including tranny and diff, and make sure that they are tightened. It might be that the grub screws are tight enought for you to spin by hand, but when the enging torques on it they just slip.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Gelo_USA

can u brake?? if u can brake most likely ur cup joint on the rear diff is loose...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.