Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New issue Blackout Pro

Old 05-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Subwarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New issue Blackout Pro

Hey all. My sons new Blackout XTE pro isn't working and I'm at a loss. I'm afraid this was self inflicted.
We purchased a set of lights for the truck. We got everything hooked up and the lights plug right in to the ESC. that was my bad. I plugged the lights into the bind port.
Anyway, when we turn the truck on, all is well. As soon as I turn the controller on, the servo turns full right until the saver bottoms out on the chassis, the fan shuts off, and the controller does nothing. The truck becomes totally unresponsive.
The lights are not hooked up and I've tried binding them multiple times. This truck has only had about nine battery packs run through and I'm afraid I've toasted it. Any help would be great.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Bigfatguy

I recently had this exact problem. It's not from you installing the lights the steering servo is just bad. Replace the servo and go back to having fun.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Subwarrior

Originally Posted by Bigfatguy
I recently had this exact problem. It's not from you installing the lights the steering servo is just bad. Replace the servo and go back to having fun.
I sure hope so! Redcat felt the same way and sent one out. Just waiting for it to come in. Can I plug those lights in on the fourth slot of the ESC? Is that better than the other one on channel three (bind port)?
Old 06-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Bigfatguy

Yes it's fine to use the bind port I use it for lights myself. Only time that slot try's to bind is when the two outside pins are shorted together. When you plug your lights in it's only using the power supplied to that slot.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:06 AM
Subwarrior

Originally Posted by Bigfatguy
Yes it's fine to use the bind port I use it for lights myself. Only time that slot try's to bind is when the two outside pins are shorted together. When you plug your lights in it's only using the power supplied to that slot.
That's a relief. Thanks for the input