Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

the part number I listed is the screw....even the one in the plastic arms are reversed threads on one side...I've yet to replace that screw in a plastic arm...the screw is the same whether its aluim or a plastic arm....just shows if you run aluim the stress is despersed to other parts....not worth it in my opinion...but I know you got the buggy that way
Old 03-13-2009, 05:35 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On both Exceed's website and Nitrorcx they show the rear upper arm when you look up that part number. Only on RedCats website do they show just that screw. Which is good, at least I can get them but not for $5 a screw. What the ***** is that? I could see $5 for a 3pack or something but (1) damn screw. WOW.....So glad I buy my parts else where.

But thanks Firebird for finding that for me. At least I know I can get it now.......once the price drops.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah its something else...I imagine the plastic arm isnt much more then $5.. plus you get both sides...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 AM
dmunseyautotech

I recieved my hurricane on wed of last week and already had to send the engine back. The o ring for the gas tank was bad(swollen) and fuel was leaking out from the very first tank of fuel. After repairing the tank with parts from other buggys I final got to continue with break in. 2 tanks high idle on stand letting it reach operating temp and then cooling thru several heat cycles.On third tank of fuel when reaching half throttle it would stall out. After turning the needle another full turn from 3 out It starteted to run better. This is a lot to type but I'm hoping it will help other to look at these issues before they end up were I am, 1 hour after starting and broke down back to redcat. So I kept trying to tune with nothing but trouble and I have been doing this for yrs. Finally decided to look further after ruining a few glow plugs. Pulls the head button off and found cylinder full of metal and piston was damaged along with head_ might I add this hasn't even seen full throttle. Went ahad and pulled backplate to find pieces missing from conrod bushing. I have never had a motor fail this fast in all of the 20 or more I have owned. After talking to tech support and sending engine off I went home and checked everything over again. Smoke tested tank I work on automotive as well- tank ok. Removed another buggy tank to check flow found flow from new tank to be half of ofna buggy. I don't want to bash redcat as I am waiting for them to handle this in hopes they will be fair and swift. Be sure to check gas tank flow, exhaust pressure nipple that pressurises tank- which they told me they have seen issues with both.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM
dmunseyautotech

Quick update I sent my engine yesterday overnight and today they informed me they have shipped me a new tank and engine. I'm given these guys a thumbs up for support and quick turnaround. Never have I had a problem like this nor ever had it handled this swiftly. Thanks to the guys at REDCATRACING for there awesome response time.