Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
serengeti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

hey guys

just got a cane xp. Does anyone know where the low speed needle on the sh 28 is? I can't seem to find it. Does it even have one?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it under the throttle arm, a flat head
Old 03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
giddyuperic

It's right to the left on the photo where the yellow throtle linkage hooks up the the boot on the carb slide.You can see it on here I think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16964.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	640355   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45482.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	640356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13010.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	640357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29910.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	640358  
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
serengeti

giddyuperic:

so in your pic, it's to the left of the air filter intake? is it the one attached to the rubber boot? by the way, thanks for the help guys
Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 AM
giddyuperic

Yes it is right there. Let us know if you neeed any help someone will help you.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
retiredcutter

Can anyone tell me why my SH28 in my Hurricane seems like it looses its fuel supply half way through a tank of fuel? When this happens, it becomes very hard to start even if I prime the carb...I haven't run but two tanks through it, because its so darn difficult. Or.....is this just part of the process of breaking in? Also, do I leave the plastic cover on the air filter while running? Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
giddyuperic

Yes you do leave the cover on the air filter and my 28 SH P-3 engine did the same thing but for only a couple of tanks then it stoped.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Did you mess with the needles? Normally that means the fuel is boiling off because the engine is too hot and the fuel boils off before it gets inside the engine. Also if you didn't heat cycle the .28SH as part of the break it in it won't run worth a crap in the future. It is probably over heating. I actually replaced my .28 with an STS Monster 30 and now it lights them up and rides a wheely (need a wheely bar so i can punch it) it now clears about 300 feet in around 4 to 5 seconds and at full speed the tires stretch to around 6 inches tall (not stock tires, Axial Sig and Swamp Dawg tires)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
retiredcutter

Nope I haven't touched any of the settings on the carb....and have been breaking in the engine at idle or very slow speed, as was recommended. Appreciate your thoughts and tech help. I can't see how I could have overheated the engine at these slow speeds, but will continue to work with it until I've run three full tanks of fuel through it. I'll keep you updated.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

It could be over heating because the engine is new and the pinch at the top of the cyclinder is so tight that it creates alot more heat basicaly. That's why you run the heat cycles for 2 to 3 minutes let it cool at BDC and repeat about 6 to 8 times before letting it idle through a tank. Keep working with it for a while though, ya might get it to stop doing that and if you don't check your exhaust gasket for tears or leaks, check the fuel lines, fuel tank cap and aroudn the carb base to see if it's leaking fuel.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 PM
retiredcutter

The next nice day, I will try the heat cycling method to break in this engine. Be honest with you, there was no mention (even at the factory website) of heat cycling the engine during breakin. But it makes sense though and I have read other threads about this method. When I broke in my .18 infinity engine I just ran five or six tanks of fuel through it at low to moderate speeds and she' a real horse when it comes to starting and running. Many thanks for the suggestions....it is much appreciated by this retired 64 year old KID. I've had more fun with these RC trucks/buggys than I've had in a long time! Redcat rocks!!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 AM
rclynx

Nice to know I'm not the only old guy around LOL [:@] almost all the methods that are good are a type of heat cycle and because of inconsistant metalergy probably all of them have worked for some one. The only consistant thing about break in is to do it slowly and most of all have fun cutter
Old 03-17-2007, 01:18 AM
mozzzy_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: mozzzy_2000

Just a query? Just wondering why this thread was started up as a sticky when there is a year old thread for the hurricane already running? Its just unnecessary double up. Same with the trucks too. Anyway just a thought..

Mozzzy there was a pole on this a few weeks ago and pretty much eveyone liked the idea, over 90% said it was a good idea. Ithink its a good idea to keep everything in one place. here's a link to the thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5337941/tm.htm
Hey Ehroof I have no probs with the sticky but what I actually meant was that there is already a redcat 1/8 buggy thread thats was started almost 18mths ago. Seems pointless having 2 threads basically the same. Why does this not get merged with this thread? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3775361/tm.htm

Again just a thought..
Old 03-17-2007, 07:10 AM
ehroof

i have no control over what gets stickied or not, nor do i have control over what threads get combined, i was just answering the question you posted about why there was another thread, there was a poll and it got a 90% approval.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

HELLO,

i have the hurricane xp and was wondering where i could get a rear toe plate for it. it comes with a 2 degree and i would like to have a 2 1/2 or 3 degree. is there any ones that fit the other brands that will work? any suggestions on diff oil? i am setting it up to race. thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Ok I put a link to the other thread in the top of this one. I cant combine, but I can add the link.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
retiredcutter

What type of glowplug should I run in my XP with SH28 engine. And by the way, rclynx, my fuel tank was not sealing properly, that's why the engine was running so poorly. Now she's running great!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:49 PM
warriorking

Can anyone tell me diffinitively what roto start or drill start would fit the SH 28 engine.
The engine came in the first run of the XP pro I cant be bothered with the stupid pull start.

Also how the hell do I remove the fly wheel this thing just don't want to move

Old 03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
warriorking

Well I guess I will have to buy one and try it myself oh well
And I figured how to remove the flywheel[>:]
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Kemo

looks like they have 2 decent treads for my ST1 too
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
retiredcutter

ehroof, I've got another question. Where in the world do I find the Hub pins for my Hurricane XP? I "miked" the diameter and it is .102. I've searched the internet and gone to Hobbytown (and by the way, these are some of the most arrogant jerks I've ever met...they told me today, they didn't have these pins and that's what you get for buying a Redcat product! Nice guys!) At any rate I've fab'd one using my work shop, but would like to get the correct ones. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Pete
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 AM
ehroof

try the pins for a kyosho, i know some parts from them fit on the hurricane. Yeah, hobbytown sucks, there are no hobbytowns in nyc, i guess because someone would catch a beating with that attitude.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
retiredcutter

Thank you for the info on Kyosho. It took a while, but I found the hubs and pins for a Himoto , that used the exact same part number as Redcat #81011. I had to order from Hong Kong, but at least I found them. I've had other bad experiences dealing with hobbytown, and am glad I'm not the only one! I feel as though if you haven't bought your R/C from them, they won't give you the time of day...one day, it will catch up to them. Thanks again, Pete.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 AM
giddyuperic

They did not have them at HIGHBANKS RC.COM I know that he is my sponsor and all that but he does a some good prices and his shipping is good too. And if he does not have the part I am sure he would get it for you. Give him a try at least you won't have to order from hong kong or china. Eric
Old 04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
retiredcutter

giddyuperic...I searched Highbanks webpage yesterday and you are correct, that they didn't have them . I ended up buying from Himotoracing.com. They were 15 bucks plus shipping. Better than Redcat, @25.00 bucks plus shipping. The reason for all this, is that I installed a set of HPI Dirt Bonz oversized tires with Ofna 30mm wheel hub extenders on my Hurricane XP. Talk about bad to the bone! The first time I ran it I slung off both rear tires and lost a hub pin in the process. I have since re-glued the tires and am waiting for the pins to run again. When I get my digital camera installed on my pc ( its on my wife's pc), I'll post some pics. Thanks again! Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.