Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

Yes- it does have a cut in the insulation right where it comes out of the receiver circuit board right where the case snaps together. I did check continuity from tip of the antenna to the base where it is soldered on to the board and it is fine (no open circuit) I have no idea how that might impact reception.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im betting that cut is your problem
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does the hurricane do ok on grass/gravel? I was thinking about getting the shockwave as my next car but now im thinking a hurricane. Also where can i get one at a decent price? I think i am going to use some tax return to get it.

Also anyone have the exceed version? I think it looks cooler then the redcat. But not sure if it is equal quality.
    Exceed Razor, RedCat Tsumani and wanna be Volcano

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you look the exceed has the CXP.21 motor at the price of $259.00 and the Redcat hurricane comes with the SH.28 motor at the price of $289.00 from http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...rts/Categories This is a $30.00 price difference, or $295.00 for the Redcat hurricane from http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/.../cPath/2_48_69 and thats with free shipping, go redcat better motor, better support, plus if the motor ever breaks you have the motor exchange program with redcat.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the exceed one is basically the XL hurricane the cheapest one. it also has the .21 engine. and i found a exceed one for 249.99, that $40 extra dollars makes big difference, might not look like it but it does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: webbl19

Does the hurricane do ok on grass/gravel? I was thinking about getting the shockwave as my next car but now im thinking a hurricane. Also where can i get one at a decent price? I think i am going to use some tax return to get it.

Also anyone have the exceed version? I think it looks cooler then the redcat. But not sure if it is equal quality.

hurricane will eat up grass and gravel...was running my cane in grass 3/4 the height of my tires...granted its winter and its brown..was throwing rooster tails astleast a foot high from all 4 tires...was running proline badlands... lil bike track were I run my cane theres a sand pile about 8 to 10 feet tall...granted I cant walk up it from a dead stop, but if I got a lil momentum I can run right up it...awsome buggy for the price..diff go redcat...and get it from clermont or allaboutfunhobbies...these guys frequent this site...all the support ya need is right here..and they ship fast..
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been on the site since december so i know there is a lot of help for redcats. i am thinking i might get the exceed and if anything breaks i will buy redcat parts, thats what i do now with my other car. i like all the black and the bodies look better to me. i am just weary of the engine, when i bought my other car it said it was a .18 cxp and i could never get it to run and just bought a new engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bodies interchange...the sh.28 is a good engine..add clermonts mod and its even better...I dont know what their engine exchange is but I think in the long run buying an exceed body and putting it on a redcat would be cheaper..or better yet have blue pant ya up a body and have your personality to it..never seen an exceed let alone drivin one so I dont know about em..my hurricane is great[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been on the site since december so i know there is a lot of help for redcats. i am thinking i might get the exceed and if anything breaks i will buy redcat parts, thats what i do now with my other car. i like all the black and the bodies look better to me. i am just weary of the engine, when i bought my other car it said it was a .18 cxp and i could never get it to run and just bought a new engine.
    dude theres more diferences besides just a engine. the redcat somes with and sh. 28 exeed a .21. also redcats come with an fm radio. redcats come with a crome pipe. exceed dont. if you look at both there is a couplde more diferences but i cant remember right now

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like all the black, im not into chrome anyways. FM radio and the .28 would be plus. I kind of like that it is a AM radio then i can just change my crystal in the controller so i dont need 3 different controllers. I will have to think about it, if i get a hurricane and a new body im up to $300+. Exceed already comes the way i would want it, except for the engine, but im not a racer and dont plan on racing it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like all the black, im not into chrome anyways. FM radio and the .28 would be plus. I kind of like that it is a AM radio then i can just change my crystal in the controller so i dont need 3 different controllers. I will have to think about it, if i get a hurricane and a new body im up to $300+. Exceed already comes the way i would want it, except for the engine, but im not a racer and dont plan on racing it.
    you can change the crystals in a fm. how do you think you could run with other people if you coulent change the crystals???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mine has no chrome..lol....I got diff wheels soon after I got mine..dont think rtr wheels are very durable...diff go with a dif wheel in whatever choice u do make..if I was closer to kc I'd let ya drive mine with the clermont mod...it would sell itself[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a question... I bought a "project Hurricane" today and disassembled it all down for a slow rebuild. I have the center differential in my hand and noticed the "grub screw" on the casing. If you tighten it all the way down, it locks the diff. Whats the deal with this screw... how tight do you tighten it? I'm going to put some new fluid in it tomorrow and was wondering how this should be set.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have 2 other rcs both with AM radios. So when i want to drive one or ther other i just change the crystal in the controller to match whichever rc i want to drive. Only 1 of my buddys have a RC so we dont have to worry about interference.

I have seen clermonts mod on his avalance it is pretty wicked. But i dont want to do wheeles or go so fast i cant control the thing, atleast not right now i have just been driving the things since december. so im no pro, i still run into things when i go to fast. i guess you can say i have a lead finger.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im new too bro...just part of the game...more speed more power..lol..I've replaced one front lower arm, servo saver, tie rod, wheels, upper arms x2..lol...the servo saver and wheel broke when friend was driving...lower arm, upper arm and tie rod end was the fault of a reciever battery jumping out....lol...oh I forgot I replaced a front hub..lol...and I guess its front upper arm x 3 cause I like to jump but seem to land on one wheel..lol...and then it cartwheels...im not a real easy on it..lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have broken both front hubs, a couple spur gears, and bent the front end of the chassis from landing on the nose to many times, just bent it back, i have done a lot of cartwheels myself, been lucky i havent broke anything from that. friday i will be getting the direct drive setup for my "volcano" as long as clermont still has 1 in stock, for some reason the little gears inside the tranny got loose and stipped out so i want the direct drive so i only have to worry about 1 gear, plus with the lower tooth clutchbell i will be taking off fast i think. maybe he will hide one for me so i dont have to keep bugging him all the time *wink wink*

Oh and i have 2 bent dogbones. Havent got around to bending them back yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol...yeah...I run hump packs now...last time I was out I was doing much better on the jumps..I run on a lil bmx track...can get some pretty good air...lol..problem is there isnt another side to land on...flat ground..lol..like right now if I run I'll take it a lil easy till everyone gets stocked up on parts from chinese new yr..then back to the drive break fix routine..lol..its part the fun..lol..im gonna get jumping down if I gotta buy a truck load of parts to do it..lol at first I was just like lets see how fast this thing is...really couldnt control the steering..but I was controling the throttle...[>:]...now im working on getting hang on the whole situation...best $330 I spent in a looong time..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jumping is the funnest thing to do with these cars thats for sure. i wish my LHS carried some parts cause i sure like jumping. But when i was on the exceed site, i looked at there dealer locations and they had a few around me so i may not have to wait for shipping no more if they carry exceed parts. i am going to give them a call in the morning to check them out. they list 2 in ks. junction city and lenexa, your not close to lenexa but im not sure about junction city. i dont even know if they carry parts but you may want to check it out. i am hoping that when redcat gets all there dealers up on the map that there will be one in kc somewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im not worried...before long everyones going to be stocked up...and I get my parts in 3 days...I usually only run the weekends right now...now during the summer I will have a stock pile cause I might run during the week...wichita is the closest real lhs to me..thats 2 hrs away...pretty much all I buy there is fuel..everything else is online..im pretty set now..I got 1 1/2 sets front lower arms...3 sets tie rods...1 1/2 set front upperarms..2 sets rear upper and lower arms..lol....and a set of hubs...servo saver..2 sets front shocks, 1 set rear shocks, gas tank, lol.....[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

better get some more wheels..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oops..forgot to mention that...I got ploline wabash on it now..white...got a brand new set of wheels and tires..black wheels and pretty much same tire..the wabash's are tuff..wont put my new wheels and tires on till I get my new wing and body....black wing..black wheels, and a black body with purple flames..I be stylin and profilin..[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I posted this on another thread and realized that this might be the better choice for it.

I just got some parts from redcat - brake parts for my hurricane. Question: the shoulder bolts that came with the brakes are about 1/4 inch too long, longer that the original ones that came out of hurricane. Any idea if this is just an error or is there something I'm not getting here?
    Any light you can shed on this would be apreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lee
    When you can\'\'\'\'t run the one you love, bash the one that\'\'\'\'s still running....... Then buy more parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

did you put both brake pads on there? i think the hurricane comes with 2 pads.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fuel in a spray bottle , around an engine running 220 degree's?
    Why does that not sound healthy...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Chillin

Fuel in a spray bottle , around an engine running 220 degree's?
    Why does that not sound healthy...

i musta missed it

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast