Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

Just a word of warning don't hit goal posts at half speed, you will beak your bumper and the nose off your body hahahaha. Went to the park with my 12 yr old daughter she was terrified of it, wouldn't even drive it lol. I couldn't have aimed better if I wanted to hit the post dead center good thing though. Next time someone talks to me I won't look away from the buggie. I just noticed my antenna tube broke too
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well today was my first tune session on my cane since break in....omg! This thing is a BEAST!! needless to say when youre rc starts running better and better you eventually give in to the urge to do less adjusting and more test driving when it happened..... I hit my driveway approach and caught my first air... it was like I felt the rc gods smiling down on me, a half a gallon later I decided to give the ole girl a break...in the wheel that is I cracked the spokes on a rear wheel and a front tire was coming unglued a bit. I was running on a lot of cement which also took its toll on tread wear. Now I ask if anyone could offer tire tips as to which tires are better for hard surface, and can anyone suggest a new tire/wheel combo that is good for dirt and bullet proof? I was thinking prolines w/ a set of badlands????? Is solid wheels better than spokes??? If you have some great wheels you got for a good price plz tell me where. TY
    .......Let\'s do it in the dirt!
    Hurricane XP, Kept running with help from: Clermont Motorsports, Savage Shock Cover

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for off road these look good with big blocks- http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Big-Blocks-B...QQcmdZViewItem

or some racing spikes- http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Racingspike-...QQcmdZViewItem

i want these for on road... gotta run fast - http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-1-8-Foam-Tir...QQcmdZViewItem

just some i was looking at..
    just taking another day. these r/c\'\'\'\'s are to destress me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am interested in my first RC purchase. I understand that I need to purchase some additional items other than the hurricane. I am looking at the hurricane pro.

I know that the break-in will be harmful to the included glow plug. What temp glow plug should I also purchase so I am ready to go?

Fluids (Differentials,etc)? Nitro starter kit recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

These are the things you will need..
    Redcat starter kit ( includes plug ignitor w/ charger, fuel bottle, and a couple general purpose tools)
    After Run Oil
    Air Filter Oil
    20% Nitro fuel
    6v Hump Pack w/ charger or 4 AA Batteries for car
    8 AA Batteries for the remote
    Blue Loctite
    A Couple Glow Plugs
    Fail Safe ( not required but highly recommended to prevent a "run away" situation )
    When you first get your buggy you need to check all screws to make sure they are tight, and apply the loctite to all metal to metal screws. As for the glow plugs, I prefer the OS #8. I bought 8 reachargable AA Ni-Mh batteries w/ charger for my remote and a hump pack w/ charger for the car to avoid hassle and expense of alkaline batteries. Good Luck and welcome to the addiction
    .......Let\'s do it in the dirt!
    Hurricane XP, Kept running with help from: Clermont Motorsports, Savage Shock Cover

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the trigger on my am contoller for my hurricane xp broke.......i recently tried to glue it back but i kept running into problems......does anyone know how to take the green circuit pannel off easily?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just bought an electric starter for the sh.28 directly from redcat. It had no info on the website as far as what type of battery pack or connecter is needed.

Pls help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I beleive you need atleast a 3500 mah battery to run it....I think thats what my directions said when I got it...I use a black&decker drill....but yeah I think it was a 3500 mah battery pack...
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: firebird78

I beleive you need atleast a 3500 mah battery to run it....I think thats what my directions said when I got it...I use a black&decker drill....but yeah I think it was a 3500 mah battery pack...
    I don't think you need a pack with that much capacity. Mah is how much the pack can hold, not how powerful it is. You probably just need a 6 cell stick pack with a Tamiya connector like this one: [link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAFD2&P=V[/link]
    Tower Terror | HPI Nitro Rush | Himoto MTR-3
    Join the Himoto revolution!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

amf, firebird is right. That 1500 shark doesn't last worth a ****. I would go with at least a 2500 but the 3500 like firebird said would be better.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. I found a venom at a good price. (year end blowout) about half the price of the others. We are flooded here so hopefully ups will be able to get in in a few days. I'm guessing the connectors are pretty standard. My lhs knows nothing or has never heard of Redcat, at least that what he says, since i'm sure he was mad I didn't go with what he was selling. ( I got a bit of an attitude the moment I mentioned redcat) I can't wait to get this I just finished breaking in the engine when the pull starter went out. I was able to fix it but it didn't last long and almost put an eye out from the recoil spring.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the hurricanes are a good buggy...once ya get the bugs (which isnt many, and easily fixed) worked out of them they are pretty solid...
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my Redcat Hurricane yesterday. Put the batterys in and turned in on. Steering servo twiched and didnt work. Took the cheap AM receiver out and put in my Futaba FM receiver and used my Futaba radio. Servo worked fine. The problem was either the cheap AM receiver or the radio, dont know which.
    Took the car to the local track today. Engine was way, way too rich. Adjusted the needles while leaving it a little rich to break in. First practice session after about 2 laps flipped the car on a jump going very slowly. Broke the right rear hub. Glued it but I knew it wouldnt hold and it didnt, so my day was done.
    My brother's Exceed wont be here until next week, so cant compare it.
    First impression with the Hurricane is not clear yet. I think it will be competitive but not sure of durability. I believe it is plenty fast enough. Dont have enough time driving it to tell about handling. Pretty sure I will have to change tires. I can upgrade to aluminum parts, but that gets expensive.
    Sent a email to Redcat to see how they react to what I experienced. We will see how they respond.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tlandon.....I have 2 of these buggies....how u broke the rear carrier I have no idea...I beat on mine pretty hard....only bad bug I found with the buggy is the front hubs...u need to get a lil longer (maybe 2mm, doesnt sound like much but makes a difference) screws to mount the front knuckles....I also put a drop or 2 of tire glue (super glue) on the threads before I install em...this will keep them good and tight...I went through alot of steering knuckles before I got it...problem is the screws arent long enuff and I didnt have much luck with blue loctite...the screws would work loose and end up stripping the threads out of the hubs

also dont waste your money on the aluim. upgrade arms....the plastic arms are much cheaper...my first buggy came with the aluim arms and I learned fast to replace them with plastic...the front upper arms are the worse...the adjustment screw seems to break on the aluim arms much easier then the plastic...plastic arms is the way to go

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dont know why the hub broke either. I was going very slow. What parts should I stock up on for racing?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

front knuckles.. front upper and lower arms....steering arms (tie rods)......and some wheels/tires....the stock wheels wont take much abuse....and I would keep a servo saver on hand as well...if u can swing for a set of big bore shocks go for it (they are expensive)...regardless u need to put 40 to 50w oil shock oil in the shocks...try not to put alotta preload on the shock springs...the used roller I bought had 1/8 in. preload spacers on the front and back shocks...I bought it from a guy that only runs tracks....it handles pretty nice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cool, thanks man.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcats response to my warranty problem:

Is this what you need
    http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....d.423/.f?sc=14
    There is a 30day warranty on the remote system, take the part to a local hobby store and ask if they can find a new part for you ( if they ask what can it is tell them its an offna or a kyosho )? if you tell them its ours they might kick you out.

I think he serious.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am not sure who sent you that email. But I will help you. I did send you another email asking how it broke because I have never broken that part on my hurricane and I beat on it pretty hard. My email address is nick@redcatracing.com Let me know and I will help make this right for you.
    A man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone broken the screw on the front upper aluminum arms? If so, have you been able to find a replacement screw? Need help, have looked everywhere and still cant find anything. Thanks, Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it is is the same as the one I broke I was able to find a replacement fairly easily at my local hardware store.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Part number 81609Y. The aluminum front upper arms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think he is talking about the adjustment screw that has threads on both ends that thread into both pieces of the front upper arm....you adjust your camber with it.

the reason I know this is once upon a time I ran aluim arms on my buggies...stock up on them cause you will break alot of them (or just put plastic arms on your buggy)...

the part # is 81608-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have stocks on the way. I've read that they'll hold up just as good if not better than the aluminums. Only reason I have them on there is because I got the buggy like that. Here's another thing that sucks. The screw in the aluminum arm has one end standard thread and the other end is reverse thread. Plus they dont and wont sell just the screw. Who in the right mind spends money on NEW arms? Hahaha I wish I had money to waste like that. Whats nice about the stock ones is if the screw breaks, I'll be able to go to the hardware store and get a new one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

O and another thing I REALLY like about the front end of this buggy is the spring that's on the front lower arm rod. Allows for some play in the front if need be when coming off a jump wrong. Saves the front end from breaking parts all the time. Are all 1/8 buggies like that?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast