Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
rcphanatik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

yo, i finally figured out why it wasn't here yet! the buy it now auction hadn't ended yet so i'm not gonna get it for another cuple of days. oh well.[]
bob, keep me updated on your order. also how long should it take to break in? an hour or so?
thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Swamp3r

the idle process takes quite awhile(just lean it against a wall with the receiver and radio on and go do something) but half throttle doing figure eights and stuff is fairly fast so ya an hour sounds fair. I still wouldn`t rip the truck into full bore bashing till you have a few extra tanks through it. Thats just me being on the safe side and be sure to be bdc when done running your truck.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
rcphanatik

Thanks swampy. I've just figured out when it will get here! Tomorrow or the next day! Me very happy!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Swamp3r

np man when you get it broke in link us up with some videos.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
rcphanatik

Sure. hey, i have been searching through some of the older pages of this forum, and i came across a tornado "xp". i can't find it online, but what is the difference to a tornado "bb"? thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

Sure. hey, i have been searching through some of the older pages of this forum, and i came across a tornado "xp". i can't find it online, but what is the difference to a tornado "bb"? thanks
I think the tornado xp is the shockwave
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
rcphanatik

oh, thanks pede. i've also heard the shockwave called an "xl" for some reason. i might just be being stubborn, but you have my thanks.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Redcat Nick

no the tornado xp is different than the shock wave. it came 2 speed tranny and with an .18 with 5 spoke wheels
Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM
rcphanatik

Thanks nick, i've had these questions in my mind and now i can get them out.
PS: sorry guys, no vids yet! my car isn't even here and it arrived a city away at 8:00 in the morning! whats up with that?[X(] i'll get back with info as soon as i can.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:01 PM
intimidator_md

Just got a Lightning EPX, will the Tornado EPX shock towers, A-arms, and shocks mount right inside the Lightning chassis? They appear to be the same chassis so I'd think they would just drop right in. Also, what kind of speeds are you seeing with a stock setup? What about brushless?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
rcphanatik

hey guys, i want to get an upgraded air filter, but i'm not sure which one to get. could you give me a link or something? thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
el_tonto

ORIGINAL: intimidator_md

Just got a Lightning EPX, will the Tornado EPX shock towers, A-arms, and shocks mount right inside the Lightning chassis? They appear to be the same chassis so I'd think they would just drop right in.
They should do, but with the Tornado dogbones and upper links too of course, and steering links for the front. You'll be much too wide for the stock Lightning body, and even the 200mm touring car bodies. In fact there won't be many bodies at all which will fit, even the offroad bodies, as they aren't quite the same chassis - the Lightning is actually 15-20mm shorter than the other 1/10 Redcats. So onroad bodies will be too narrow (and won't clear the taller shock towers - although you could 'jack them up') and off-road bodies will be too short in the wheelbase!

What are you trying to achieve with the longer arms?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 AM
intimidator_md

ORIGINAL: el_tonto

ORIGINAL: intimidator_md

Just got a Lightning EPX, will the Tornado EPX shock towers, A-arms, and shocks mount right inside the Lightning chassis? They appear to be the same chassis so I'd think they would just drop right in.
They should do, but with the Tornado dogbones and upper links too of course, and steering links for the front. You'll be much too wide for the stock Lightning body, and even the 200mm touring car bodies. In fact there won't be many bodies at all which will fit, even the offroad bodies, as they aren't quite the same chassis - the Lightning is actually 15-20mm shorter than the other 1/10 Redcats. So onroad bodies will be too narrow (and won't clear the taller shock towers - although you could 'jack them up') and off-road bodies will be too short in the wheelbase!

What are you trying to achieve with the longer arms?
Cool, thanks. I was just wondering. Redcat's website doesn't have much info on width of the vehicle or many other specs like motor turns etc.....Just curious what kinds of bodies will fit these cars. I was thinking if I could mount the supension arms, towers, axles, and offroad wheels I could get a buggy out of the same car for a cheaper price.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:45 PM
gokartingbob455

hey guys i got my tornado 2 days ago but i was grounded from my computer.

ok i love the tornado bb. it is so fast and the 2 speed transmission is tight.
is the new vertex .18 engines head blue or something cause my engines head is blue and it looks sorta like the sh .18 head.

my car is all blue its cool. that shocks arent bounce and they haven't leaked anything yet. good car.

i didnt get my car on monday i was supposed to because the ups guy came at 11:00 am when my mom was out doing errands and stuff so i got it the next day.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
el_tonto

Actually a buggy body would fit OK because it doesn't have wheel arches like the truck bodies do.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:04 AM
rcphanatik

ORIGINAL: gokartingbob455

hey guys i got my tornado 2 days ago but i was grounded from my computer.

ok i love the tornado bb. it is so fast and the 2 speed transmission is tight.
is the new vertex .18 engines head blue or something cause my engines head is blue and it looks sorta like the sh .18 head.

my car is all blue its cool. that shocks arent bounce and they haven't leaked anything yet. good car.

i didnt get my car on monday i was supposed to because the ups guy came at 11:00 am when my mom was out doing errands and stuff so i got it the next day.
dude that is the same thing that happened to me just yesterday! Ups came by and nobody was there. I'm having my mom pick it up today though. I'll send some vid's!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:59 AM
gokartingbob455

my mom had to have it sent to her work.
i got a cell phone so i'll probably put some videos on it and post them on hear. oh wait......todays my graduation...never mind. lol
Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
wick420

Hey guys, i just got a tornado bb yesterday and im having a hard time getting it running right. First off im new to nitro cars and i dont know anything about the parts except what litle i have read. So i was reading he break in guide from redcat and set it up the way they said (high at 3 turns and low flush with the silver ring) i also turned the idle screw till there was a small opening with the brakes applied.

When i started it for the first time it took off by itself and stalled after about 2 seconds, im not sure but i thought it might be stalling because of a too low idle? so i raised the idle a bit but that just made it try to take off even faster by itself and when i apply the brake it stalls even though there is an opening in the carb. I cant for the life of me get it to the point where it can idle without its wheels spinning or stalling. am i doing something wrong? maybe a defective part?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
numskull223

Kinda sounds like it runnung to lean.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
numskull223

I am looking for a new set of wheels and tires for my BB, i would like to have foam inside them. the factory tire have no foam inserts. Where can I find wheels and tires for a tornado BB, other than Redcat?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM
rcphanatik

I think that earlier in the forum i heard that 2.2 wheels would fit on it, just get tires with a small sidewall so it doesn't rub the body.
I finally got my car! It runs great and very fast. i already have it broken in. i'll get video's of it tomorrow if i can.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
numskull223

Thanks, I need some good tires for my BB since I put my trx 2.5r on it, its insane.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:53 AM
wick420

So running too lean will cause the car to move forward at high speed while idling, and will also make it stall while not at high rpms? but the thing is i followed the break in guide and tuned the engine how it said, those settings make it run rich not lean right?
Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 AM
p3t3v3x53

ORIGINAL: gokartingbob455

my mom had to have it sent to her work.
i got a cell phone so i'll probably put some videos on it and post them on hear. oh wait......todays my graduation...never mind. lol
ur lucky my last day is the june 18th or something. oh well i only got 2 years left of school and its going by faster and faster
Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 AM
gokartingbob455

my brother is gonna be a junior next year and all of his friends wreslte with him and i went to the end of the season party and all of his friends asked if i was a freshman and if he could punch me in the face......weeeeeee

some how yesterday i lost a dog bone out of nowhere. it wasnt loose or anything! has this happened to anybody else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.