Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM
rclynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Sure does thats why you put a little ring of fuel line hose in the cavity where the dog bone goes [&o]
Old 05-17-2008, 12:16 PM
gokartingbob455

wait i might be naming the thing that fell off wrong...its a very big dogbone that goes in the cups that go in the gearboxes that turn the wheels...the ones closest to all 4 wheels. are the called drive shafts?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
gokartingbob455

does this fit the vx .18 carb opening? [link=http://www.nitrodeals.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=47&zenid=04733640b2e2f54af6175ad89465f331]alu. air filter[/link]
Old 05-17-2008, 02:31 PM
rclynx

Almost all 1/10 air filters are the same.............................and as for the dog bonz you will have to ask around or search down the procedure that I'm talking about. Its a little O ring that comes with it originally but a small slice of fuel line works the same way and much cheaper. Dog Bonz = Drive shafts [:-]
Old 05-17-2008, 07:57 PM
rcphanatik

Guys this is crazy. the lower cap on the body of the shocks that holds the o-rings in is somehow threaded wrong and on three of my shocks all of the shock oil is falling out. have any of you had this problem?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:13 AM
gokartingbob455

im not so sure that was a 1/10 air filter...oh well who cares its gold. gold=preeeeeety

Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 AM
gokartingbob455

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

Guys this is crazy. the lower cap on the body of the shocks that holds the o-rings in is somehow threaded wrong and on three of my shocks all of the shock oil is falling out. have any of you had this problem?
oh yeah that happened to me today. my rc car whiz uncle helped me fix my driveshaft problem. just a little fuel tubing to act as a oil ring so the dog bone would stay in place. he had my car completely taken apart in 2 minutes fixing it and teaching me all about the peices and parts and what they do and how to recognize if something is wrong....he is my idol. and i look exactly like him...i am content. except my other uncle slammed my car into a cement block and ripped one of the switch wires.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
rcphanatik

bob, do i need to buy new ones? seriously, i thought they would hold up better.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:08 PM
rcphanatik

hey, also what gear ratio should be used with a set of 4, 2.8 inch rims on the stock engine-my stock tires are obviously wearing down WAY too fast on the road.
I'm happy, my car ran pretty well today even with the shock oil dripping out!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:46 PM
gokartingbob455

yeah i thought they would hold up better to but thats what you get for Chinese crap. im gonna fill the shock again one more time and see if the caps still fall off. then im gonna get new shocks. i'd suggest you do the same.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 AM
gokartingbob455

what do aluminum capped air filters look like?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 AM
rcphanatik

I will get some new ones-i'm just lucky they're so cheap compared to Traxxas.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 AM
stagga

anyone know which NiCd battery can go in the tornado so that i don't have to keep replacing batteries to power the servo and reciever?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
mjp1423

I am new to RC cars. I have a Tornado XP and the pull start broke. The string came all the way out. On Redcats site they have a few different replacement parts. How do I know which to purchase? Are there any options to replace the pull start with another starting mechanism?

Thank you.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
rcphanatik

you can either get the stock pull start unit which should have a redcat product number in the manual, or an upgraded rotostart unit. i am not sure which rotostart to get because i have not upgraded mine with that yet.

hey, i just had a huge problem with my rear gearbox on the bb-the car is currently front wheel drive. do i have to take the whole thing apart just to see which part broke-it looks really complicated.[]
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Hibityhupla!

you can either get the stock pull start unit which should have a redcat product number in the manual, or an upgraded rotostart unit. i am not sure which rotostart to get because i have not upgraded mine with that yet.

hey, i just had a huge problem with my rear gearbox on the bb-the car is currently front wheel drive. do i have to take the whole thing apart just to see which part broke-it looks really complicated.[]
Check the drive cups first. Most of the time the allen set screw will come loose and will just spin. If you do have to take it apart it should only be like 4 screws at the back lower side of the chassis and maybe 2 on top and the whole rear end will come off. You should be able to see the gears spin from the bottom side without ripping it all apart. Don't have mine to look at anymore. Sold my 2 bb's and parted out my hurricane.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: stagga

anyone know which NiCd battery can go in the tornado so that i don't have to keep replacing batteries to power the servo and reciever?
if you look under receiver battery in ebay you should find some. It's a 6v 5 cell hump pack i believe.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Hibityhupla!

hey, also what gear ratio should be used with a set of 4, 2.8 inch rims on the stock engine-my stock tires are obviously wearing down WAY too fast on the road.
I'm happy, my car ran pretty well today even with the shock oil dripping out!
Peeling out too much? You can get the redcat lightning transmission. It will take away some low end and give you more top speed.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: gokartingbob455

yeah i thought they would hold up better to but thats what you get for Chinese crap. im gonna fill the shock again one more time and see if the caps still fall off. then im gonna get new shocks. i'd suggest you do the same.
Between bending an just coming apart I went through 4 sets of 4 shocks on mine before i gave up. Try to measure the shock form mounting hole to mounting hole. Should be able to find something else.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:03 PM
stagga

ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!

if you look under receiver battery in ebay you should find some. It's a 6v 5 cell hump pack i believe.
OK thanks. Do you know if our cars use a J connection or universal? Or does it even matter? lol
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 AM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!

OK thanks. Do you know if our cars use a J connection or universal? Or does it even matter? lol
I'll check this weekend. The kid I sold it to already burnt up the tranny so he's bringing it back so i can fix it...lol
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 AM
rcphanatik

thanks dude, i was afraid i would have to take it all apart...that really would have stunk 'cause i probably would have lost a piece.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 AM
rcphanatik

about the 2.8 tires, i was thinking that maybe like an electric motor, the engine would overheat-but i take it that's a no, that's good cause i wanted to see how fast this baby would go.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
rcphanatik

hey, i just got another problem.[:@] this is the first day i ran the tornado bb through the dirt, and something is binding up. it isn't the center drivetrain, it is single wheels locking up on their own. anybody have any ideas? i think dirt may have gotten into the gearbox-but as i said before, i don't really want to take that apart.[]
Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Hibityhupla!

The worst that would happen if rocks made it inside the diff is it would chew the gears or lock like a one-way. There really isn't a way for dirt to get in there though. Are they binding at the drive cups? Rocks in between the wheels and hubs? Another thing I had happen to me was the tranny lost one tooth and would lock up after 5ft if that. Binding dogbones can be fixed by loosening the shocks or screwing in the allen screw on the arms that adjusts height. Doesn't really sound like a diff. problem though. Try to trouble shoot it from the clutch bell out. Let me know what you find...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.