Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 16 of 147 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

wade, the rpm pipe is an all around pipe, much better than the stock one and cheaper than the tsais pipe.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

ORIGINAL: daveschutt

EHROOF the engine is hot when i have this problem. If I did blow an engine it would not make any sense because I always ran it rich, maintained it and if it is too lean it still has a lot of blue smoke coming out . I have only ran about 3 quarts through it so I do not know what is going on.[sm=72_72.gif]

Ya knopw what else might be going on is you might have a fuel leak in your fuel line or an air leak in your exhaust system, makes it seem like it's rich because of your tune settings but it's realy running lean in the engine. Take your fuel lines off and cover one end with your finger and blow in the other end and see if it holds air pressure, OR you could do like Eroof has said a few times and spray nitro fuel on the engine to see if it revs up, or if something bubbles, if it revs up it's sucking in air.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

ORIGINAL: ehroof

wade, the rpm pipe is an all around pipe, much better than the stock one and cheaper than the tsais pipe.

Ya, but it lags alot on the bottom end, I don't know, I just don't like it on the VX engines and have had a few people come back complaining about them not having the performance they wanted and they were sluggish on the bottom end, I don't know, I was just giving my two cents, from feed back I've gotten here locally.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm running on 20% nitro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i am suprised, i use the rpm pipe on my hpi mt and my rs4 w/os .18 and its a great pipe, i dont have one on my redcat so i honestly dont know how it works for the vx .18 but seeing the performance it gives on the other engines i would think it would be a great improvement over the stock plastic pipe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got one on the tsunami and I think it is working out pretty good.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ehroof the engine is overheating and i did replace the gas tank and the fuel line. Some guy at the track told me to send it to a guy who can pinch the piston sleeve. The web site is www.rayaracing.com. It is cheap quick and the guy said it will make your engine like new.
    Woah-what was that? i think it was a racoon-nope just another wimpy t max under my MGT!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

maybe you have an air leak at the base of the carb, on the backplate of the engine or even the head. make sure all screws are tight on the head, puts some rtv silicone on the base of the carb and maybe the backplate too, spay some nitro fuel on these places while it is idleing and if the idle raised then thats where your leak is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey there,
    I just ordered a tornado xl, It's in the mail. I also ordered the traxxas clutch and spring 4146.
    I also need the hpi clutch bell 17 tooth. does it matter which one , vented or not vented? Some come with 2 bearings and some dont? If someone can help me with the hpi decision? some are around $7 and some are around $15??
    hey thank you
    brian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi brian, you can get either one, the vented one is better cause its lighter and vents the clutch shoes, the bearings are good to have too. here is a link to a good deal on a vented racing clutch with bearings.

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail

wait until you get the car since i heard the new xl's are coming with the better springs and clutch bells already.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey there,
    will wait then, when it comes in, and if it breaks I will buy. I will add your link to my favorites
    brian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, I just picked up the HPI 13T/18T clutch bell for the tornado BB 2 speed, maybe I am missing something, or maybe this was posted already but I just can't find it. But do I need different bearings or something, because the bell dosen't fit with the original bearing, so if someone could direct me to the proper ones and maybe how to assemble it that would be greatly appreciated.
    Monsoon, Tornado BB, Volcano SV, Tsunami, Jato 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you need the needle bearing, 3 - 5x8x2.5 bushings or bearing and a 5/16 tension pin cut so you can extend the clutch nut, do this modification because its definately worth how much better it is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you, I am going to put order them now.
    Monsoon, Tornado BB, Volcano SV, Tsunami, Jato 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Today i was out racing and my car died than started to smoke and it was 370f. I let it cool then i start it and its 280 still overheating but runs with optimum power whats wrong
    tornado xp

Well, either you have a small air leak and it's making it run lean OR you have it tuned to lean. You can check for leaks by putting some nitro fuel in a squirt bottle and spraying it around the engine and see if it revs up also chekc for bubbles while your doing it. Also take the fuel lines off and plug one end and blow in the other to see if holds the air, also check your exhaust gasket and see if it's leaking. Ussually if your exhasut gasket is leaking there will be nitro fuel running down the side of the engine under the exhaust manifold.

ORIGINAL: brianmarks78

hey there,
    I just ordered a tornado xl, It's in the mail. I also ordered the traxxas clutch and spring 4146.
    I also need the hpi clutch bell 17 tooth. does it matter which one , vented or not vented? Some come with 2 bearings and some dont? If someone can help me with the hpi decision? some are around $7 and some are around $15??
    hey thank you
    brian

HPI clutch bell with bearings
    http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_17_24&products_id=419

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TORNADO BB

Today i was out racing and my car died than started to smoke and it was 370f. I let it cool then i start it and its 280 still overheating but runs with optimum power whats wrong

holy cow bro, 370 [X(] !!!!!! Do like AAFH said, sounds like you may have an air leak or an overly lean high speed needle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

hey there,
    hey thank you
    brian

http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_17_24&products_id=419

For the extra $1.99 he is better off with the vented racing clutch bell: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail

LMAO, hey ya know my STS 30 won't perrrr till it hits about 300 degrees, lol, about then it starts screaming, won't run any other way either, lol. But I think he has some serious tunning issues.

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

hey there,
    hey thank you
    brian

For the extra $1.99 he is better off with the vented racing clutch bell: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail
    I guess, I just don't like the way they let dirt stuff get inside the bell and tear up the shoes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no dirt every gets inside of mine, i have that bell on all my single speed redcats, not to mention its lighter and keeps the shoes cooler.

I'm jacking with you now Your right it does keep the shoes cooler, I have one on my Hurricane and my Volcano and my brothers Tornado.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

okay,i got all my upgrade parts for my tornado bb pro.which was the clutch bell 2 gears,and tax.spring after i got it all together,the motor would not sit in right.and i saw that the gears are hitting something like a stablelizer bar.that you screw the top plate onto. i was told by someone on here that i would not have to change the spur gears.but the papers that came with the gears,said i would have to use a differnt spur gear or something like that.i noticed the gear that was gold is a little bigger than the orginal clutch bell gear. i will try to upload a couple of pics i took but not sure how but if you see the pics it's the black thing at the tip of the screw driver that it's hitting,so i'm at a stand still so please help. tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry heres the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec89016.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	684750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37660.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	684751