Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

ORIGINAL: krave73

I got a question on the Tornado Shocks. Do they both have the alluminum cap on the bottom of them. If so then I busted on. Can someone help me on this. I just dont want to buy another pair if I dont need to.

you would have to buy the pair, they dont sell seperate shock parts.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
dtsn280z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple of BB's. One only has a aluminum top. The others have aluminum bottoms as well. You have to thread lock the bottom or they'll come apart. Just clean it real good and take the top off and load with 40-60 wt oil and lock it up. you'll be good after that.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 PM
krave73

Sounds good man. But I lost the bottom cap so im gunna have to get some new ones....Owell. It comes with having an RC I guess!

Thnx, Scott
Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 PM
dtsn280z

I hear ya bro... this started as a hobby for me and ended up a habit. There is soo much help here its unbelievable. These people are great and if it werent for them i'd have given up by now... LOL bash on bro..
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
krave73

Bash on I will..lol..Now I need some good tires for the beach. The hunt is on..
Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
dtsn280z

Check out suprasales on ebay. Ehroof says thye have a great deal.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
RusstO

Got myself a tornado, my first nitro r/c, having problems after the break-in. It starts and idles consistently but continuously stalls if im not really careful on the throttle. It dosen't seem normal, i should be able to gas it pretty much full open once its warm shouldn't i?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ya should be able to. Have you changed any of the needle settings on the carb?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:21 AM
thantalace

I have the single speed XL and need a new spur gear for it. The 44T part number 05112 that came with it seems to be out of stock every place I check. I was wondering if there are any more gears that will fit this setup that I can use in its place. Any links or part number would be helpful. Thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Wadman

ORIGINAL: hibityhupla

I found out I needed a different crankshaft than the one that came on it. Another $40 dollars for a part I wouldn't need if people would just check what they are posting. So to all who want an O.S. engine go with the straight cv-rx not cv-rx(s). Thanks for the waste of money zack.

Wish I'd seen this post before I clicked on the link and ordered that engine. Someone should go back and correct that original post.

Anyone know what cars require this short crank engine?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Traxxas and a bunch of others, I can't think of right now, LOL, they'll come to me when I get on the road in a few minutes, lol.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
daveschutt

Ehroof,Yes it spins freeley(freely) and their is a good amount of play/wobble to it.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Wadman

ORIGINAL: zack221

Here is a good motor that is faster than the stock one it is a direct fit just unbolt the stock one and put this one in.

http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/osmg11860.htm

The supplied link is for the incorrect engine. The link below is for the engine with the standard crank except it doesn't have a pull start.

[link=http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/osmg11870.htm]O.S. .18 CV-R w/11J Rotary Carb[/link]
Old 07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
RusstO

spent quite sometime fiddling with the needle and idle settings. am getting good power now but it still stalls if i open throttle too quickly. on another note how much aerial do these things need poking out the top? i flipped mine on some concrete and pretty much ground the aerial off and it still works, just slightly less range. are there any tougher alternatives or tricks to keeping aerials out of the way?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Wadman

How many companies resell this buggy under their own brand? I was looking on the Raidentech site and noticed that their 1/10 nitro buggy is identical in every way to the Tornado.

[link=http://www.raidentech.com/xtfibl2nigas.html]Raidentech 1/10 Buggy[/link]
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

there is a bunch. Half the chinese websites you go on, they have them but with there own name.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
hibityhupla

ORIGINAL: Wadman

I found out I needed a different crankshaft than the one that came on it. Another $40 dollars for a part I wouldn't need if people would just check what they are posting. So to all who want an O.S. engine go with the straight cv-rx not cv-rx(s). Thanks for the waste of money zack.

Wish I'd seen this post before I clicked on the link and ordered that engine. Someone should go back and correct that original post.

Anyone know what cars require this short crank engine?
If you want to use it you need a new crankshaft. stock #21812100 I found mine at towerhobbies.com under #LXGMN5. $40 is better then another $110 for a new engine.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Wadman

If you want to use it you need a new crankshaft. stock #21812100 I found mine at towerhobbies.com under #LXGMN5. $40 is better then another $110 for a new engine.

I considered that but decided to try and get a car for it that isn't a Redcat. Might be interesting to see how a different company engineer's its cars.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Extreme Crash

Hi All,
I'm new to RC world (never had anything)! My wife surprised me for fathers day with an Exceed Extreme and it appears to be the same as these cars. I read a few different proceedures for break in and on my fifth tank of fuel decided to open it up a little. My son in law saw mine and had a Redcat before I even broke mine in. We broke his in and we decided to see which one was faster, my two speed or his single speed. I started about 30 yards down the street and hit second gear and it was flying, I had to hit the brakes hard because I don't know the range on these things. My son in law ran his and we both agreed once mine shifted it was faster. Well I had to try again so I putted down the street alittle further and mashed the throttle. When it shifted the speed increased until I hit a small stone and smashed into a garbage can with the right front tire, broke the A arm. I took it inside super glued it and touched it up with the soldering iron. We then went to a baseball field where we hoped not to hit anything. The control arm lasted about 30 minutes and then came apart. I decided to order a few parts. I 'm waiting for parts so decided to JB weld the arm. I let it dry for 2 days until we went to our campground. I got it out Saturday and a few friends came over and we fired it up. I did some donoughts and drove it around and then drove it into a big field and figured I'm going to open this thing up and show them what can it do. I did a couple jumps then nailed it. It took off across the field and about 20 yards or so later I decided to make a gradual turn and keep the speed up. To my surprise it didn't turn and kept going at full speed headed for a metal fire ring a bunch of trees and shortly after a large sturdy wooden fence. All I could do was watch in amazement as it just touched the fire ring went between 2 trees then became airborn when went over some roots. It flipped and cart wheeled (I don't know how many times) and came to rest on its roof and ran out of gas 2 feet from the fence. I checked the car out and the front shock popped loose and the front shock tower was slightly bent, I bent that straight and checked for other damage. I was amazed that nothing else broke. The JB weld did come apart so I will wait until I get my new parts before I run it again. By the way I didn't realize it until I picked up my upside down buggy that I forgot to extend the antenna on the transmitter, I learned that's a no-no! Sorry about the long post but I thought it might help some new people to learn from my mistakes.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 AM
TheSpeedytiger

ok with the hex nut i know that the .15 nitro star will fit the BB but will it fit the backplate for the roto start from the redcat website???
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
romanracer

Does anyone know if these replacement servo gears will work?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXH422&P=M
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
hibityhupla

Has anyone put a nitrous oxide kit in these yet? What are the downfalls? I have N.O.S. is my real car and blew up the first engine fast but after tuning there was no problem. I just bought the silver bullet nitrous system and was curious what I have to do to make it work without going through engines all the time.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Uh, your gonna burn up your engine in less than half the time it would normaly take. I saw some pictures of an engine in a nitro dragster that was running on nitro shots, like your talking about, and the engine melted.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
hibityhupla

now you got me curious. I'd love to see one of these engines melt. on my honda I melted a hole about the size of a 50 cent piece through the top of the piston. What's the trick to it? do i need to run way rich? Has anyone figured out a good cooling system?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I don't know what the trick is to it. I never used one after seeign those pics I was uniterested in investing that kind of money in something that's going to possibly destroy my car, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.