Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 26 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

after i blew up the stock infinity .18 i found out that the cheap smartech 15cxp is a perfect swap for $60. I'll just try to get it figured out on the cheap engines before I put in anything expensive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok with the hex nut i know that the .15 nitro star will fit the BB but will it fit the backplate for the roto start from the redcat website???
    please needan awnser
    Tornado BB,Revo 3.3, hoping for a jato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ordered a TORNADO XL yesterday and have searched around here for some common problems and upgrades but I haven't found really anything. Are there common parts that you have upgraded since you got your buggy. Or are there certain parts you would have changed before you even ran it now that you look back?

I'm to worries about it for the price and they way everyone talks on here they seem like a good deal for a little basher. If I'm happy with it I'll get one for my boy too.

One more thing, does Redcat usually send out a tracking number when they ship?

Ya, need to check the clutch bell and make sure it's a steel clutch bell, Use a magnet or something. Also do a radio check before you run the car. Turn on the reciever and transmitter and walk away from the buggy and work the throttle and steering in some sort of sequence so you can tell bad reception (jerky twitchy servos, in no particual order) from you working it. Have some one watch the wheels and throttle to make sure they continue to work as you walk away. I would say walk as far as you think your going to be driving it away from you. Other than that the cars are great for the price, nice low cost way to get into the hobby and decide if you like it or not with out spending $600 bucks just to find out later you don't like it.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya, need to check the clutch bell and make sure it's a steel clutch bell, Use a magnet or something. Also do a radio check before you run the car. Turn on the reciever and transmitter and walk away from the buggy and work the throttle and steering in some sort of sequence so you can tell bad reception (jerky twitchy servos, in no particual order) from you working it. Have some one watch the wheels and throttle to make sure they continue to work as you walk away. I would say walk as far as you think your going to be driving it away from you. Other than that the cars are great for the price, nice low cost way to get into the hobby and decide if you like it or not with out spending $600 bucks just to find out later you don't like it.
    Thank you for the great info. That will help a lot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One of the first things I'd do is order spare front lower A arms, dog bones, and C-hub carriers. You will hit something and they will break. It doesn't even have to be a particularly hard impact.

Also, take out the screws for the muffler header and apply threadlocker. Other candidates for threadlocker are the C-cups that hold the driveline dog bones. They eventually worked loose on my car and popped out. Also, tighten the engine mount screws (and more threadlocker) and also scribe a mark on the screws so you know how to align them.

Good lookin out, I forgot about that stuff.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Wadman

One of the first things I'd do is order spare front lower A arms, dog bones, and C-hub carriers. You will hit something and they will break. It doesn't even have to be a particularly hard impact.

Also, take out the screws for the muffler header and apply threadlocker. Other candidates for threadlocker are the C-cups that hold the driveline dog bones. They eventually worked loose on my car and popped out. Also, tighten the engine mount screws (and more threadlocker) and also scribe a mark on the screws so you know how to align them.
    Awesome info man!! I printed that out. Parts available on the Redcat site I take it?

Oops posted the same thing twice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is there a clutch bell bigger then the 18t/23t that will fit?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont think so bro, check out the pinions on tower to see if you can get a bigger combo and 5 teeth different.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im still having issues with my second gear not engaging. I adjusted the screw thing on the underside of the car but nothing yet. I mean it still gets up and goes but Id like to have my second gear back. And suggestions?
    Scott
    Tornado BB
    http://groups.myspace.com/redcatracing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: krave73

Im still having issues with my second gear not engaging. I adjusted the screw thing on the underside of the car but nothing yet. I mean it still gets up and goes but Id like to have my second gear back. And suggestions?
    Are you sure it just isn't stuck in 2nd gear to begin with?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You got me Wadman. It could be. The take off isnt as good as it was at first.
    Scott
    Tornado BB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You got me Wadman. It could be. The take off isnt as good as it was at first.

I messed with the tension on the shifting assembly and noticed that it didn't shift gears. Since the tensioning screw was as loose as it could be without falling out, the little engagement arm HAD to be engaging 2nd gear. And since I never heard it shift, that meant 2nd gear was being engaged pretty much right away.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So should I tighten it up (turning it to the right) to see if that helps.
    Scott
    Tornado BB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So should I tighten it up (turning it to the right) to see if that helps.

Yes but do it gradually and make runs between each adjustment. Figure it's just like any automotive transmission. You only want it to shift when the engine nears its rev limit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ill do that tomorrow. Thanx for the help. Hope it works.
    Scott
    Tornado BB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whats the difference between the 12mm threaded clutch bell and the 12/16mm clutch bell? i found bigger gears but they are 16mm threaded instead of 12mm. Would that clutch bell work? It seems like its missing the base where the clutch shoes rub?
    ORIGINAL: ehroof

i dont think so bro, check out the pinions on tower to see if you can get a bigger combo and 5 teeth different.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The difference in the 2 gears has to be 5...............like 13/18 or 17/22 and so on[&o]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i understand the gears have to be 5 tooth difference. My question is about the other threaded clutch bell that hpi makes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:-]Thats DOA on my side sorry...........had to go look at that and I think the gears that fit it have a different gear mesh........you will have to look into it farther If you e-mail HPI they will tell you which car it fits and then you can check the specs
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what about the transmission gears? Has anyone changed them to something smaller? Do they even sell such a thing?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I found a couple himoto gears on ebay. I think it's the same company. Part #'s 02040 and 02041, one is 39t and the other is 44t. Would they work?