Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 53 of 147 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3671

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do they make a better clutch pad set then the aluminum ones??? Maybe ceramic???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

teflon: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-spring/Detail

heavier duty spring and better shoes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks ehroof. I'm starting to melt them on my car. The bb has no problem. I'm probably starting to get to the point where I have the gearing to extreme but I'm not ready to give up yet. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what gears are you running, lol?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank think that tranny could handle off road
    tornado bb, firestorm what to get next?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in my honest opinion, put a single speed in your offroads, the gears will last much longer, you'll have more power all though out the rpm range.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've got one in my bb pro, but like i said it has the os18cv-rx in it.

I'm running the redcat tranny and the bigger hpi bell.. I was being awful hard on it, the only time it wasn't going full throttle was when I wrecked. I had a set of the yeah racing drift tires on it (almost hard plastic) and was able to go sideways for 20ft or more. It was fun but stopping fast was not an option. lol It just slides like it's on ice.

Maybe a vented bell would help??? Do they make one? Who made the teflon shoes? There's no info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here's a link for a vented hpi 17 tooth bell: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...-vented/Detail

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

in my honest opinion, put a single speed in your offroads, the gears will last much longer, you'll have more power all though out the rpm range.
    ok that will prob. be my next upgrade.

could i trade in my engine for a better engine even if its still works like i know if my engine blws i could snd it in for a ne one with some money bu if i want to upgrade it to a sh.18 can i sendt in even though it runs?
    tornado bb, firestorm what to get next?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do they make a threaded 2 spedd one that's vented? Maybe drill a few holes in it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got an answer to my melted shoes. I guess it's a bad thing to make the car idle too fast. I just liked it because it had great reaction and I never really needed it to hold still, never died either. I'll try to idle it down and see if it gets rid of my problem or not. I'll let you know tomorrow. If he was right that's probably the same thing that happened to my hurricane.

d3d5---I would just run it till it blows. No point in getting rid of something that works good. I have had three engines in mine so far. The stock infinity, a smartech 15cxp and the o.s.. Trust me you'll blow it up soon enough, just have some patience. lol This is something a parent would say so it kind of ages me but, there's no point in fixing what isn't broke.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: d3d5

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ok that will prob. be my next upgrade.

could i trade in my engine for a better engine even if its still works like i know if my engine blws i could snd it in for a ne one with some money bu if i want to upgrade it to a sh.18 can i sendt in even though it runs?

sure, just send it in, get the sh .18,if yours is good, wait until redcat gets them in. they should be here in a week or two.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the Tornado XL, its good n all, but I had it about a month, and I notice that it is getting pretty beat up, bent shock towers, broke the exhaust manifold (and redcat is out of stock!) and I bent a dog bone into a boomerang. Anyways, I need something that can take more beating, I looked at the BB Pro and looks like its pretty much all aluminum, so should hold up more. on the redcat side theres a BB to BB Pro kit for $194.66 right now. Will the kit work for my XL as well since the Tornados are close to the same? I notice the Tornado BB is $189.99 and the BB Pro is $259.99, difference is $70, so why is the kit $124.66 more than the difference?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Even solid aluminum you will bend stuff. i have the bb pro and all the upgraded stuff you can find and I still bend things constantly. The only way to stop bending stuff is if you can drive without wrecking and jumping. If your looking for something better go with the hurricane. It's just as fast as the stock bb pro and will take a lot more abuse.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks.......ill probubly order em tonight.................. i got my car from e bay (i know .. bad idea) and it has no brand name on it accept wind hobby but i assume its redcat .... RIGHT??[]
    T-MAXX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BBOY619

I have the Tornado XL, its good n all, but I had it about a month, and I notice that it is getting pretty beat up, bent shock towers, broke the exhaust manifold (and redcat is out of stock!) and I bent a dog bone into a boomerang. Anyways, I need something that can take more beating, I looked at the BB Pro and looks like its pretty much all aluminum, so should hold up more. on the redcat side theres a BB to BB Pro kit for $194.66 right now. Will the kit work for my XL as well since the Tornados are close to the same? I notice the Tornado BB is $189.99 and the BB Pro is $259.99, difference is $70, so why is the kit $124.66 more than the difference?

the bb and the xl have different suspensions, one is pillow ball, the other uses a arms. if you want something that will take a beating, get the hurricane, monsoon or the avalanche, they will take whatever you throw at them, expecially the avalanche

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can some one tell me what the gear diff. is and why and what they do and how 2 adjust them ...... im only 13 and im extremely confused
    T-MAXX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can you run the engine with out the cluch or trans. connected to it...........or withevery thing hooked up but the wheels off the ground
    T-MAXX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it depends on the car you have, there is a diff in the front and in the rear. The drive shaft connects to them, there are gears inside that turn the 2 driveshafts that turn the tires. Most 1/8 buggies and truggies have a center diff also, this allows for adjustment of how much the front tires pull compared to the rear tires. The 1/10's mostly have a transmission in the center with a spur gear that goes to the front and rear diffs and has egual power distibution.

I hope this helps you understand, basically the diff is the front or rear end and in the 1/8 buggy's and truggy's its also the center (tranmission)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ZzBOBCATzZ

can you run the engine with out the cluch or trans. connected to it...........or withevery thing hooked up but the wheels off the ground
    you can but you have to be careful not to over rev the engine since there is no resistance its easily over revved and you can throw the connection rod(part inside engine that connects the piston to the crankshaft)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it bad to run the engine from straight header? I couldnt resist running my tornado today and the header is broke pretty much in 1/2, so actually it not even running straight headers, but its loud. is that bad for the engine? hopefully redcat will get more headers in stock because my rc almost sounds like a dirtbike in my backyard.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you really need the header, the exhaust from the muffler put pressure in the fuel tank to push the fuel to the carb, if its not right you could be running lean and blow then engine. here's a link for a header: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...nnector/Detail

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea I was thinking that too, so I richened it, making sure there was still visible smoke. Thanks for the link, I didnt look around because I just wanted to get teh parts directly from redcat but seems like theyre outa stock for a while. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dennis is a good guy too and he carries alot of stuff, you will be happy with him and he has super fast shipping too.