Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 79 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3671

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

now for something related. i notice that the grub screws on the universal joints i guess u could say. or like the drive shaft driver things on the ends of the shaft for the trans. they strip out so easy. also the screws under the engine do to. it seems like they started using lock tight but the screws are cheap metal so u cant get them out, they just srtip. so i think im gonna take as many as i can out and replace them with traxxas screws or something idk
    t-maxx 2.5 with 3.3, jato, tornado bb, smartech winner pro ported and polished, 2 mini-ts 1with reedy stump puller, rustler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: p3t3v3x53

he ehroof this doesnt have much to do with tornado bb's but have u ever been to barnstormers racetrack? is it good? i have a tornado bb and i want to race it there but it looks like they only to 1/8 buggies. but they do t-maxx's too so i could race mine there to but id rather race the buggy

no i was never there but i am sure you can run on off race days, most tracks run 1/8 buggys and truggys. bring them both and see what happens, they are probably closed for the winter, track anyways.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: p3t3v3x53

now for something related. i notice that the grub screws on the universal joints i guess u could say. or like the drive shaft driver things on the ends of the shaft for the trans. they strip out so easy. also the screws under the engine do to. it seems like they started using lock tight but the screws are cheap metal so u cant get them out, they just srtip. so i think im gonna take as many as i can out and replace them with traxxas screws or something idk

replace with stainless screws, traxxas are basicall the same screws. use blue loctite to put them back together and you'll be ok

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks. yeah they have an indoor track to but they probubly only run electric indoor
    t-maxx 2.5 with 3.3, jato, tornado bb, smartech winner pro ported and polished, 2 mini-ts 1with reedy stump puller, rustler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how come my tornado dosent like it when i lean it out??boke it in at about 3 turns on the high speed needle. if i go anywhere below 2.5 when i go fast it just bogs or dies.
    parts by Rob (westcoasthobbies@shaw.ca)
    B.C. redcat dealer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nitro engines like to run rich when its cold out. dont lean it to the point it bogg's or you will ruin the engine. temprature and humidity play a big role in tuning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i was out driving my tornado today and i crashed it and shatered my left rear rim. how do you take the glued tire off the rim??. and what kind of glue do i use to glue the tire to the new rim???
    B.C. redcat dealer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ha that sucks man the same thing happend to me. Rims are hard to get they are always out of stock all i did was glue the rim back together and it worked just fine. Just normal super glue should work just fine and as far as taking the tire off just peel it off. It should not be too hard you might have to get a knif to peel it out. did you already get you some new rims?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no im going to have to ask my dealer if he has any. hopfully he has some in stock.
    B.C. redcat dealer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol ya hopefully. I could never find any so i just patched mine up, but it works just fine now. well good luck geting it fixed. I am getting my avalanche all fixed up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clermont Motorsports has the rims in stock. I did the same thing, well my dad did. He was going about 40 when he rolled my Tornado BB and cracked/shipped both left side rims. Super glue works very well, and I see no reason in having to buy new rims unless they are totally ruined. As for the tire, what I did to take mine of was squeezed it together and then ran a flat head screwdriver on the glued edge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya the super glue works great lol. just patch the rim back together. I tried getting my at clearmont. when you click all of them it says 0 available. you might call him and he might have some. The redcat website is always out too. I wrecked my avalanche at work and tore the whole right side up. sucks and i finally got the parts and then i need a bearing i had to order now lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TNIGS

i was out driving my tornado today and i crashed it and shatered my left rear rim. how do you take the glued tire off the rim??. and what kind of glue do i use to glue the tire to the new rim???

i boil them in water for about 15 mintues, usually comes right off the rim, i use a medium ca glue to put the tires on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does boiling them really work? cause i jumped and landed on ice and the wheel rolled away and im not gonna glue it back together cause the spokes broke and it will just break again. but i have smartech tires and rims and i have been using them but i dont like the tires. and i want to put the redcat tires on the smartech rims but iv tried taking the tires off my t-maxx cause i wanted to buy the bowtie tires but i always rip the bead

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have had a smartech winner pro for 1.5 yrs and never found any useable info in all that time ...but i have had my tsunami for 2 weeks now and i feel that i can tackle any problem that can come up thanks to these forums so thanx to all peeps who take the time to explain things to the begginer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is it possible to make winner pro into a truggie or buggie ??????????if so is there a parts list to go by

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

one more thing i want to put the os .18 in my tsunami but will the vx .18 fit in winner pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, i had a bad experience with boiling them..was told up and down that I could just boil them to get the tires off the rims, so i did.. for 15mins.. didnt work at all and it melted my rims, and had to throw out all 4 tires And rims

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man I'm really sorry to hear that, but I think they was thinking alone the lines of not a hard boil, just enough to start boiling, but we learn from our mistakes. hope it work's out on the next round.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol, its all good.. it wasnt that "hard" of a boil..but still dont know what went wrong..but good excuse to buy some sweet new tires

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry bro, i do it all the time, you need a big pot of water, if you dont have a big one, just do 2 rims at a time, i have always done this and it works, you can dull the chrome finish sometimes but the tires always come right off. I have heard about putting them in the oven but i wouldnt do that. I have heard of using acetone also but have never tried that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahh i think that might have been the issue...pot not large enuf and had all 4 in there......[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sc2toplay

one more thing i want to put the os .18 in my tsunami but will the vx .18 fit in winner pro
    yes it will fit: http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/s...lue-11j/Detail

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sc2toplay

is it possible to make winner pro into a truggie or buggie ??????????if so is there a parts list to go by

just put some truggy tires on it and a truggy body, you may need to put a smaller tooth clutch bell but see once you get it going. i had a winner pro onroad, single speed, got rid of it a few months ago. they are 12mm hex so i would reccomend the tsunami wheels and tires, they will fit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have the tornado bb. the swich that turns the servos on and off has broke so were do i go to get the part that i need