Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Reply
Old 03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
  #2401
AffordableRC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 381
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Natedawg120

My steering servo saver is worn out, probably because the bigger tires and lower gearing. Anyone know of one that works and holds up better?
Have you tried tightening the silver wheel able the servo saver??
AffordableRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
  #2402
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: dominicevans

and which screws are the ones that hold the engine mounts to the chassis ?
there's four of them right under the engine. should be easy to spot. Just don't forget to unhook the exhaust and throttle linkage before you try to pull it out.
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
  #2403
Natedawg120
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AffordableRC


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Natedawg120

My steering servo saver is worn out, probably because the bigger tires and lower gearing. Anyone know of one that works and holds up better?
Have you tried tightening the silver wheel able the servo saver??
Yeah, the edges that make the saver work are worn, I hit a bump and the wheels lock a full left or right depending which wheel hits.

And that link is for the servo, i just need a hopefully better than stock servo saver. I'm just having a hard time finding a 90 degree one that will work on my tornado.
Natedawg120 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:55 PM
  #2404
dominicevans
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: kingstwon, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES
Posts: 598
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

yea I know I took off my engine many times but i never used thread lock and one fell out while driving and surprisingly you cant use 3 you need all four or the engine will be moving slightly
dominicevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 PM
  #2405
redrebel66
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: sweet home, OR
Posts: 20
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Is anyone going to get the yellow rear wheels and tires back in? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...?partno=06026Y

If its not to soon what else will work or I'll just go green.
redrebel66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:19 PM
  #2406
CptCliffhanger
 
CptCliffhanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: san diego, CA
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: slide150

will these work [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCFR3&P=M[/link]

instead of these or are these better
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVK12&P=7[/link]
Do I need these? will it work better thatn the stock replacement shoes??

I'm getting the hpi 2 spd bell with the lower gearing.
CptCliffhanger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
  #2407
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: dominicevans

yea I know I took off my engine many times but i never used thread lock and one fell out while driving and surprisingly you cant use 3 you need all four or the engine will be moving slightly
It's a 3mm screw. Not sure on length or #. I lost my manual a long time ago. My guess would be anywhere between 12-15mm length.
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
  #2408
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redrebel66

Is anyone going to get the yellow rear wheels and tires back in? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...?partno=06026Y

If its not to soon what else will work or I'll just go green.
just type in the part number at ebay. Usually himotoracing and exportpro have what redcatracing is out of.
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
  #2409
tklemin
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hebron, KY
Posts: 81
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

[link]http://www.rufaster.com/performanceupgradeparts/wheelstires.html[/link]
Check out these guys. They have had wheels I needed when no one else did. I would shoot them an email parts request first to make sure or call Mike.
tklemin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 PM
  #2410
dominicevans
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: kingstwon, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES
Posts: 598
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!


Quote:
ORIGINAL: redrebel66

Is anyone going to get the yellow rear wheels and tires back in? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...?partno=06026Y

If its not to soon what else will work or I'll just go green.
just type in the part number at ebay. Usually himotoracing and exportpro have what redcatracing is out of.
I really need someone to give me a link to the screws
dominicevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:50 PM
  #2411
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

i went and checked recatracing.com. It's either 02096 or 02097. They are out of the longer ones (02097). Other one should work but i would suggest just going to a hardware store. They have metric screws there and no shipping cost. A bigger plus then that is you can have it now rather then a week later.
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
  #2412
dominicevans
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: kingstwon, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES
Posts: 598
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

thanx.....it doesn't matter when i really get them because I have to order gears also(an engine screw falling out is what caused me the gear problem)
dominicevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
  #2413
ehroof
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: howard beach, NY
Posts: 16,490
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

02096, just got your pm dominic
ehroof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
  #2414
pede_187
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 3,961
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

hey,

What's the ground clearance of the Tornado BB with the shocks/spacers/threads set at the best point (setting that will give it the most clearance)?
pede_187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
  #2415
CptCliffhanger
 
CptCliffhanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: san diego, CA
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Quote:
ORIGINAL: slide150

will these work [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCFR3&P=M[/link]

instead of these or are these better
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVK12&P=7[/link]
Do I need these? will it work better thatn the stock replacement shoes??

I'm getting the hpi 2 spd bell with the lower gearing.
CptCliffhanger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
  #2416
dominicevans
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: kingstwon, SAINT VINCENT & GRENADINES
Posts: 598
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: pede_kid

hey,

What's the ground clearance of the Tornado BB with the shocks/spacers/threads set at the best point (setting that will give it the most clearance)?
stock, with the shocks placed for the most clearance and stock wheels its 1.5 inches
dominicevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:36 PM
  #2417
ehroof
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: howard beach, NY
Posts: 16,490
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: CptCliffhanger

Quote:
ORIGINAL: slide150

will these work [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCFR3&P=M[/link]

instead of these or are these better
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVK12&P=7[/link]
Do I need these? will it work better thatn the stock replacement shoes??

I'm getting the hpi 2 spd bell with the lower gearing.

stock shoes work good, did you get the 13/18 bell, if so did you get the needle bearing/bushing and washer set?
ehroof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
  #2418
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Looking for a thread adapter for the hpi threaded bell. It needs to be fine threaded inside and out ID 12mm OD16mm. If I can find one I can up the gears on the bell to 24t/29t. Imagine the top end on that. Someone has got to know where to find such a thing. Any help?
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
  #2419
ehroof
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: howard beach, NY
Posts: 16,490
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

i know what your talking about brother, was researching after your email last night, not easy but sounds crazy, you will need a mile long runway for that, lol.
ehroof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
  #2420
CptCliffhanger
 
CptCliffhanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: san diego, CA
Posts: 414
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ehroof


Quote:
ORIGINAL: CptCliffhanger

Quote:
ORIGINAL: slide150

will these work [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCFR3&P=M[/link]

instead of these or are these better
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVK12&P=7[/link]
Do I need these? will it work better thatn the stock replacement shoes??

I'm getting the hpi 2 spd bell with the lower gearing.

stock shoes work good, did you get the 13/18 bell, if so did you get the needle bearing/bushing and washer set?
yes, and yes!!

Will those hpi shoes work?? I need new ones anyway.

S
CptCliffhanger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
  #2421
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ehroof

i know what your talking about brother, was researching after your email last night, not easy but sounds crazy, you will need a mile long runway for that, lol.
not if i used rockets..lol
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
  #2422
ehroof
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: howard beach, NY
Posts: 16,490
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

lol bro, you gotta do it now, lmao
ehroof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
  #2423
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Got all the parts coming that I could find for my rocket car project. Now it's the waiting game. I know the gearing I got will pull around 55mph but more would be great. Made two switches. One like you mentioned with two springs separated by a piece of plastic that will be pulled out by the throttle servo. The other I had to buy a 3ch radio set and use the reverse switch to hit the push button switch I made for secondary firing. Any thoughts on thrust? How much is too much? got from 2lbs-10lbs.

I know everyone is laughing by now... I came up with the idea when i was a kid but all the home made rockets I built and fireworks ended up blowing up..lol. with the things that are out now that we didn't have it might be possible.
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 PM
  #2424
ehroof
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: howard beach, NY
Posts: 16,490
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!

Any thoughts on thrust? How much is too much? got from 2lbs-10lbs.


bro, could there possibly be such a thing as TOO MUCH thrust
ehroof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
  #2425
Hibityhupla!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: westby, MT
Posts: 406
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Only when the car starts spinning..lol
Hibityhupla! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:07 PM.