Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

there is a small grub screw in the 2 speed shifter in front of the spur gears, there are 2, one holds it on the shat the other sets the shift time, you need to turn it clockwise to make it shift sooner, i would turn one full turn at a time and see how it goes, you can access it from the bottom, you will have to turn the wheels to gain access to it, if its very tight its most likely the set screw that holds it on the shaft, do the one thats next to it.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 PM
TheSpeedytiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ok i understand gearing and most my familt dosent can sombody please post somthing telling my idiot frind who just got a bb that the lower the gear the faster the car should go?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 PM
ofnamx107

Ehroof, I took a peek at the grub screws and one is missing. Im guessing that is my problem. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:16 AM
rowldog76

i cant get my tornado bb to run at a good temp high speed needle in or out to cool down and what is process to do this how long do you run before testing temp again
Old 08-09-2007, 05:34 AM
rclynx

Counter clock wise to cool it down..............always make sure you have a little smoke coming out the pipe when you go by at full speed...........you can get a good temp after about a one minute warm up and then full speed for 3 to 6 seconds. If your adjusting don't ever shut down, I just run it up to full speed for about 3 seconds before I check again.I drive away from myself far enough so the run is at full speed towards me and then check. Actually thats the way it should be done and if you did it my way you would probably blow it up..........LOL[] but thats how I learned
Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 PM
rowldog76

i do basically the same thing and temp is good then i really start to run it and check after couple minutes and it gets up around 300 so i have to shut it down
Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 AM
rclynx

Fatten it up M8[:-]
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
rowldog76

what does fatten it up m8 mean??
Old 08-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Redcat Nick

He means richen it up. And m8 is kinda like calling you a friend.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: rowldog76

what does fatten it up m8 mean??
it means to feed it some butter and look for the new bmw m8, lol
Old 08-10-2007, 06:18 PM
rclynx

[sm=lol.gif]sorry guys got to many of those old race car terms in my head and I look like I've had to much butter allready[]LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
ehroof

noting to be sorry about
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
TheSpeedytiger

hey guys i am wondering if any of you kn ew of a body that would fit the bb directly or with little modifaction. that was like gloss blak, white, or red or flaming(like white with red flames or black with red flames or any mixture you can think of as long as it is those colors or close or andthing cool lookin)?
(wanna show off to my friends)=)

also do you have to buy rear tires to have rib front tires and pin back on the bb or will the stock front tires fit ribs? i was wondering because my friend has it and i love the way it works on road and off
Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Nathan9492

Buy a clear Tornado BB body, And paint it yourself
Old 08-10-2007, 11:47 PM
TheSpeedytiger

i dont know how do u?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:38 AM
rowldog76

thanks everyone you all have been very helpful to a rc rookie finally got to play with my car for a couple hours the other day and it was great very fast
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM
TheSpeedytiger

ORIGINAL: TheSpeedytiger

hey guys i am wondering if any of you kn ew of a body that would fit the bb directly or with little modifaction. that was like gloss blak, white, or red or flaming(like white with red flames or black with red flames or any mixture you can think of as long as it is those colors or close or andthing cool lookin)?

also do you have to buy rear tires to have rib front tires and pin back on the bb or will the stock front tires fit ribs? i was wondering because my friend has it and i love the way it works on road and off
reposting cause i need help with this problem
Old 08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Nathan9492

Get a body, Buy gloss black, red and Orange colours. Buy a Flame Template, Put the Template on the body, Paint the Flames.let to dry, Tape over the Flames, Paint rest of body black.
Its NOT hard.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 AM
rclynx

If you have a OSH or any good hardware store and even if you have never painted anything before, pick up a paint by Krylon called Fusion. Its a no brain paint that if you even get close to following the instructions the paint job will be great. All the tapeing etc is extra. Believe it or not guys I have used that paint on the outside of old bodies that I cleaned for some of my demos and that paint is great, it doesn't come off
Old 08-12-2007, 08:23 PM
hibityhupla

New problem. I was jumping my real cars with my 1/8 buggy no problem but when I tried it with my 1/10 bb pro I broke the rear lower a arm. Do they make a stronger one? The car is already solid aluminum. Do the plastic ones take a jump better then the aluminum ones? I ordered another set of both I'm just curious which would be better. Also what's the biggest jump anyones seen these do? I watched one earlier where a guy jumped a house. The only way to beat that is to kiss your car good-bye. I'm working on it though.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 PM
ehroof

wow, you broke an aluminum a arm?? Go with plastic, i am a big believer in plastic, cheaper, flexable, i never break any a arms on any of my rc's and i have all types and brands. sometimes and very rarely a rear shock tower, those are good in aluminum but i find a arms break on a foreward impact more than from jumping.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
hibityhupla

right on, thanks for the advice. I do notice my shock towers bend inward when i jump it but they are easy to bend back. I hear you with the whole price thing. I bought the aluminum ones for $25 the plastic ones cost me $10. What size jumps are the small buggies good for? My 1/8 scale one can get around ten feet of air without hurting much but my little one seems to almost fall apart at eight feet.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
hibityhupla

ehroof---I have a different car question for you. I remember earlier on you said you had a jato also, right? I finally took mine out and got it broke in and ready to go. After that I just wanted to see how it was to drive and honestly I think it sucks. It's fast as hell but almost uncontrollable. Needless to say I wrecked it, of course, and took out the whole front right side. Lower a arm, tie rods and the steering stuff. My question is are the aluminum parts worth it on those since the front ends are so weak or should I stick with the plastic? Maybe the aluminum would help hold it on the ground more? Any advice to hold it to the ground better? It seems to just want to either pull the wheelie or when I hit the brakes it will start spinning and go into an uncontrollable wipe out.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
hibityhupla

HIMOTO 1:10 R/C GAS NITRO Off Road BUGGY Body ----------cut and paste at ebay. The only bodies I could find.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TheSpeedytiger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.