Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:09 AM
rclynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Those are all 4 wheel drive and shouldn't have different tires from front to back. The buggy at the 1/10 model has a narrow tire in the front but everything about the tire is exactly the same as the back[:-] The Trucks you see with the rib tire on the front are ST's (stadium truck) and the front tires only guide it. Actually if your into challenge for driving you should get an ST[&o]
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hibityhupla

ehroof---I have a different car question for you. I remember earlier on you said you had a jato also, right? I finally took mine out and got it broke in and ready to go. After that I just wanted to see how it was to drive and honestly I think it sucks. It's fast as hell but almost uncontrollable. Needless to say I wrecked it, of course, and took out the whole front right side. Lower a arm, tie rods and the steering stuff. My question is are the aluminum parts worth it on those since the front ends are so weak or should I stick with the plastic? Maybe the aluminum would help hold it on the ground more? Any advice to hold it to the ground better? It seems to just want to either pull the wheelie or when I hit the brakes it will start spinning and go into an uncontrollable wipe out.

You need to get the flat pack rechargable batter and put it in the middle and get that battery off the back bumper for beginners. second you need to get the rpm replacement arms, they are guaranteed for life, get the front bumper too, the anocanda's are not so great, even on road, i put the gladiator pro line on the rear and some 2.2 rims. this will make it handle better off road for sure otherwise the rear end is all over the place. Richen the mixture a little and it will calm the engine down, you can also put some lead fishing weights on the front bumper.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
shockwavekyle

ok im new here and i have a tornado xl the shockwave and is there anything i need to replace ive already broke it in and replace the air filter is there anything else
Old 08-13-2007, 06:47 PM
alabama

Hello,
I have a probleme with my engine... I have the tornado BB and i ran it threw the brake in periode without any big problemes and now i cant seem to get it started... I have tried everything and tested almost all the parts... NOTHING! I want to get this thing started and i have tried for hours...

Help me please?

Mat
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 PM
hibityhupla

Try changing the glow plug and make sure the igniter is charged. If you still get nothing try and turn the engine over by turning the flywheel. If there's no resistance the engine is shot. I went through the same thing in like a quart of gas. The o.s. .18cv-rx is a great replacement though. No problems yet.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:17 PM
hibityhupla

ORIGINAL: ehroof

ORIGINAL: hibityhupla

ehroof---I have a different car question for you. I remember earlier on you said you had a jato also, right? I finally took mine out and got it broke in and ready to go. After that I just wanted to see how it was to drive and honestly I think it sucks. It's fast as hell but almost uncontrollable. Needless to say I wrecked it, of course, and took out the whole front right side. Lower a arm, tie rods and the steering stuff. My question is are the aluminum parts worth it on those since the front ends are so weak or should I stick with the plastic? Maybe the aluminum would help hold it on the ground more? Any advice to hold it to the ground better? It seems to just want to either pull the wheelie or when I hit the brakes it will start spinning and go into an uncontrollable wipe out.

You need to get the flat pack rechargable batter and put it in the middle and get that battery off the back bumper for beginners. second you need to get the rpm replacement arms, they are guaranteed for life, get the front bumper too, the anocanda's are not so great, even on road, i put the gladiator pro line on the rear and some 2.2 rims. this will make it handle better off road for sure otherwise the rear end is all over the place. Richen the mixture a little and it will calm the engine down, you can also put some lead fishing weights on the front bumper.
Thanks again for the help. I have some parts on the way. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll have to look into the tires. The ones on it do not want to stay on the rims for anything. i glued the crap out of them but they still rip free in a couple tanks of gas.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
alabama

yes i have changed the glow plugs and agusted my needels to a point were the engine should run poorly... and i have a fully charged igniter that i am using.
I have turned the flyweel many times to see if there is any change but it is still the way it should be.(pumping the piston proprely). I also took my engine appart to try to find a probleme but no such luck.
Help me?

Mat
Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 PM
hibityhupla

Is it getting fuel pressure? Do you prime it? There's still good resistance on the flywheel? Check the plug and igniter out of the car. Make sure the carb is open a little (1mm-1.5mm) Maybe put a little fuel into the carb to see if that helps. I couldn't figure mine out for a while. It acted like it wanted to start and would for about a half a second when I flooded it but that's when my engine was shot. The large amount of fuel I would dump down the carb would create a half @$$ seal and it would fire a few times then die. Do you have a roto starter? They are nice when you need to keep turning the engine over to try to make it fire. If you still can't get it started maybe ehroof might know more. I'm still new I just bought a ton of these cause I had the money to waste.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
alabama

I am getting fuel presure and my flyweel and pullstart are conpletely normal. Yes i prime it.No i dont have a rotor starter. I really wanna gte this thing started cause i paid enough money for it and my friend has an electric one and i have to show him up... It will run in idle ONLY with the igniter on. The dies about 30 seconds later and there is nothing i can do about that. The ignitor and glow plug are both fine and i have tried multiple plugs too...

Help me please,[]

Mat
Old 08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
alabama

Ehroof I have seen your name many times in the past and all over the redcat site (vids) I was wonderring if you culd help me.
Or anyone for that matter...
Thanks

Mat
Old 08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just posted to you in the other thread, lets try to keep this is one spot bro, your all over the place, lol
Old 08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
alabama

sry im just trying to get different imputs... All keep it to the one other thred from now on

Mat
Old 08-21-2007, 10:50 AM
tyhodge07

quick question.. is the clutch bell supposed to spin the whole time, even when cars sitting and idling?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:53 PM
tyhodge07

welp, got another question.. the larger spur gear in the tranny is rounded in mine.. is there another brand or one i can use that would be at my LHS so i wont have to order one and pay the 5 for shipping on a 4 dollar gear?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Wadman

ORIGINAL: tyhodge07

quick question.. is the clutch bell supposed to spin the whole time, even when cars sitting and idling?

No. It should only spin when engaged by the clutch shoes. If it engages as soon as the engine is running, the clutch spring has failed in some fashion.

In answer to your second question, I would order the replacement spur gear along with several other commonly failing or necessary replacement items such as the clutch spring, shocks, lower A arms, C-hubs, hex screws for the engine mounts (unless you've already Locktited them), hex screws for the muffler header (again unless you've LockTited them), dog bones, and probably a couple of other things I've forgotten.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
tyhodge07

alright, yea as soon as i start it, it spins, which keeps the wheels spinning no matter what i do unless i shut it off.. i got extra lower arms for front and rear, and the hex screws for the engine were prolly not locktite in the beginning thats why im having these problems, so ill get some locktite (is that a walmart item or no) and locktite them. so, my order will be the large spur, and the cluth, i didnt think it was supposed to spin, but it does.. thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
tyhodge07

found the problem on the clutch, i dont know the part, but when the cluth bell is on, the other gear lookin part, thats larger than the cluth bell.. theres 2 little posts that holds the clutch on, 1 is broke off.. now what do i do, lol can i replace just that part, i assume thats what it is, the clutch looks fine
Old 08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Wadman

alright, yea as soon as i start it, it spins, which keeps the wheels spinning no matter what i do unless i shut it off.. i got extra lower arms for front and rear, and the hex screws for the engine were prolly not locktite in the beginning thats why im having these problems, so ill get some locktite (is that a walmart item or no) and locktite them. so, my order will be the large spur, and the cluth, i didnt think it was supposed to spin, but it does.. thanks

Remember to get Blue LockTite, not Red. Blue can be cracked loose. Red is more or less permanent. It should be commonly available at any hardware store or hardware aisle. If your car has a two-speed tranny, I'd also get the little clutch that handles shifting. It seems to be another wearing part that eventually requires replacement.

Your servos will eventually die so start thinking about suitable replacements. Either vibration or nitro (or both) attacked the mounting arms of my throttle servo and they eventually cracked off.

Dog bones? You've got spares of those already? You'll eventually bend one, especially in the front. Also get the pins that hold the lower A arms to the differential assembly. Whack the front end hard enough and you'll bend those too.

Let's see, what else came loose on mine. Oh yes, LockTite the drive cups for the dogbones that run from the tranny.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
tyhodge07

cool will do.. prolly wont get all the parts, cuz i hear alot about ppl breaking stuff on all the rc's iive got and ive still never broke anything, lol.. so i usually just buy as i break, but i upgrade when i do.. so ill wait to do that, im wantin to get a new chasis besides a purple, but i cant seem to find a site that has any others.. than wheels/tires and the parts that is needed.. than ill be fine for a little, plus ill end up sellin it in a month or 2 like i always do, lol
Old 08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
tyhodge07

and i left a post up above on the clutch. if u know what i need, that would be great
Old 08-21-2007, 02:27 PM
tyhodge07

http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=02068
i assume thats what i need.. the one i have now only has 1 of the posts.. and than im gonna get the large spur and the bearing that goes with it, probably a chasis (but i dont see any different colors on that site) and probably a pipe, wheels/tires and than some locktite

also, how do i get the engine flywheel off?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
hibityhupla

http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=02068
i assume thats what i need.. the one i have now only has 1 of the posts.. and than im gonna get the large spur and the bearing that goes with it, probably a chasis (but i dont see any different colors on that site) and probably a pipe, wheels/tires and than some locktite

also, how do i get the engine flywheel off?
flywheel's are kinda a pain in the butt. The easiest way to get it off is to grab the flywheel with a big set of pliers so you can loosen the nut without turning the engine over. Once the nut is loose you should be able to just pull it off. If it doesn't come right off use a small flat tip screwdriver to pry it from behind.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
tyhodge07

thanks alot, i figured that was how to do it after i messed my hand up tryin to hold it, lol.. i just wasnt to sure if that nut did come off and didnt want to break somethin else
Old 08-21-2007, 10:26 PM
tyhodge07

would a traxxas rx/tx be fine with this car? anyone that knows let me know asap, when mine was shipped here (traded for ) the controller got damaged, and i dont want the guy to spend 50 bucks on another when i know someone that has a traxxas one for 15, so let me know
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM
tyhodge07

anyone know.. if i can or not, if i can he's going to get it right now and pay extra to get it here this week

NEVERMIND, I JUST READ ON HERE THAT I CAN USE ANY 2 CHANNEL 27MHZ RX/TX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.