Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Jimmyt707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

Newbe here.   I have a Redcat Tornado S30.

What is the exact dimensions on Redcat Rims?   Heighth, width, offset. 

What size tires fit these rims?   How is size measured?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Mickstix

The short answer is, the rims and tires that fit the Associated B44 (4x4)will also fit the Tornado S30.. (The rears for a B4 will alsofit the rear, but ya need fronts for a B44) If you do a google search for Associated B44 rims and tires you should come up with pleny of options.. Sorry I dont know the exact diminsions of the wheels and tires though. Although they do use a 12mm hex on the rims.. Cheers!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
brandonzz

Tornado BB : Car Not responding to acceleration:

Please help, car is not responding to acceleration when I pull trigger, the steering responds to reveiver as normal, but the throttle doesnt respond when pulling the receiver trigger. Please help me with any advice or parts I may need to order to repair it.

Thanks,

Brandon

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

could be any where from a unplugged servo, bad servo, loose link. no link. turn on the controller and reciever box. then pull your throttle. what does it do?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
stuber

Hello Forum,

I have a Tornado that I just cannot keep running! It will not idle low enough that the wheels do not turn and it very difficult to keep running at low speeds. I need help and guidance.

Thanks
Ed
Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 PM
neyou86

is it broken in? how much fuel has been through it? is your filter clean? how do your fuel lines look? take off your clutch bell and have a look. it could be your spring broke or there is something hanging up.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:06 PM
whauburger

I have a Tornado BB, It runs fine is broken in and everything but as soon as it shifts into 2nd gear it dies. I have adjusted the screw to make it shift sooner, later all in between. No matter where it just dies when it hits 2nd. It hasn't always done this used to shift fine and drive great, just recently started. Any ideas?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Redcat-Derek

whauburger,

Try going back to factory settings on your needles. 2.5-3 turns out on the high and low speed needle and then tune from there. It really shouldnt be dieing because all its doing is dropping the engines rpm and going back up. So it might be a tuning issue.

Thanks,
Derek
RedcatRacing
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 PM
robster94gt

Hey all,
Well, I finally got my Tornado out and running. I'm pretty pleased with the engine. In the past I've had trouble keeping my trx .15 engine running, but this one ran really well without cutting out dying. Except when it was on it's back. Which happened quite a lot at the track I was running it on today. The car acted pretty much like it does in some of the videos I've seen of it. Bouncing around like crazy on a rough surface makes tougher to control than it should be. Going to fast and hit a rough spot - flip on it's back. Take off from a jump, rear compresses, kicks the rear up- on it's back. Any advice on how to adjust the stock setup to handle the bumps better? What sort of oil is in the shocks from the factory? It seems pretty light to me, and doesn't seem to offer much damping. Anybody had any success in getting these things to handle better?
Thanks,
Rob
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 PM
neyou86

try 45 wt oil. then set up the shock so when you drop it and lift it up the shocks will extend a bit more. just try soft spring settings
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
CUHRYTDUH
My Feedback: (12)

I have a tornado bb. I was driving and it stops responding. car will run and rev up but not go any where. sounds like something is still spinning when u cut engine off. does anyone know what this is? thx for reading.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:44 AM
zither911

Hi guys,

i'm also new to RC and the forum, going to buy the Tornado S30 so i have a few questions?

i've read about the dogbones falling out and the clutch bell and springs, do i need to buy extra dogbones,
it this still the spring to get http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
and what clutch bell do i need? i'm not going to race it heavy in sand or do alot of jumps. is there anything else you guys would recommend.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 AM
cswtornado

CUHRYTDUH,It seems like you've stripped a spur gear. This seems to happen a lot if the gear mesh isn't correct. Check the little hole on the bottom of the car with the gears showing and check and see if one is stripped. Next time you set the gear mesh, keep in mind the Tornado likes it as tight as possible without binding.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 AM
neyou86

i recomend to go electric if ur now coming to the hobby. also make sure u can readily get parts for it. but the clutch bell thing was with the older ones. the way to stop the dogbones from falling is to take a little o ring or piece of fuel tubing and put it in the cups. that stops them from being loose and falling out.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM
CUHRYTDUH

thx for the advice on my tornado really helps.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
CUHRYTDUH

CSWTORNADO one more question how do i tell if its stripped, appears to have good teeth on both.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Mickstix

Check the setscrews in the drive cups. (where the center dog bones connect.)check both drive cups, on each center dog bone..

Note: If your spur was stripped, you'll see that it's missing teeth. Make sure the spur and pinion/clutch gears have all their teeth and also make sure they're still meshed together properly..
Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM
CUHRYTDUH

ok i took it apart apparently it was the spur gears were wobbly. put back together and they were fine. car is now driving but not shifting. now what do i do. thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 05:28 AM
cswtornado

Adjust the shifter. Theres a video on it here - http://www.redcatracing.com/information/videotraining.html;jsessionid=M2DnMRxHxzxJHZLm2SRV gHvGDrfB7qd1hS02prShjnnTBpPJQ6n7J2BFMTVTMB1yjGSb2s JSW4g32bRnKTGltPfpL12KkG1XbTs8vdpb8lJ7KLXrbh7SGChP flYYCPw2!1806043839
Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 AM
savage2113

hey everyone, i just purchased a tornado bb s30 i was just curious how this buggy is, and what kinds of things i can expect to have to do when i first get it before i can start the break in process. thanks in advance,
Old 10-09-2010, 12:59 PM
rccrazer

check all the gears and that everything is solid. thread lock anything that isn't tread locked. then break it in.

i love redcats
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 PM
fescue101

i just bought my tornado s30 and i love it . this car would get anyone into the rc sport.
redcat seems pretty good for the money!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 PM
gizmo425

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if I could get some questions answered about my Tornado. I'm currently in the process of breaking in the engine but can't complete due my throttle/brake servo not responding to pistol remote. When I start to turn everything on and fire my car up, everything works, then after about 3-5 minutes my T/B servo doesn't respond to remote, but my steering servo has no interference. Then, sometimes after my remote stops responding my car goes full throttle, and its making my break-in very hard to finish. I've changed the batteries in car/remote 3 times, not near any power lines or fences, and checked to make sure all wiring to the receiver is plugged in right and tight. Any answers will be greatly appreciated so I can found out whats wrong. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM
gigabyte411

You say that you changed the batteries in the remote but did you change them in the car. The symptom that you describing is what happens to me when my batteries are low. I never know which batteries are low so I change out all 12. Try 12 new batteries and you should be good. I'm only able to get about 8 tanks out of a set of batteries. Keep in mind that you should install a good fail safe because the one that is in that Rx/Tx is worthless. Once that fail safe kicks in (no response between remote and car) you have about a minute to get to the car and shut it off because after that it's full throttle. An aftermarket fail safe will still kick in and save your car and your engine.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
gizmo425

Ya I changed the batteries in car also. I'll try getting a different fail safe. Thanks for the info, man.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.