Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
firstrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Yeah thats a great deal. i wouldnt have passed it up!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:04 PM
eminentguitar

I want to get some progressive springs any ideas?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:06 PM
islandturbos

ORIGINAL: firstrc

Yup.

Hey first R/C, i just orderd a couple of tsunami epx, does it come with 8 shocks? our does it come with 4 shocks? There were all out of the volcano so i got the tsunamis.

I rather it come with 8 haha, what kind of suspension adjustments did you do?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 PM
eminentguitar

Well after 5 gallons of nitro and way too much abuse I finally blew my diff in the rear. So now I get to put the hpi mt2 18ss hardened diffs in it I just hope there going to be stronger then the redcat ones. The diff was in great shape till I put the 52 tooth spur gear in it but its so much more fun to drive with the lower gears.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM
eminentguitar

Ok I just took my diff apart and noticed that the crown and pinnion are in reasonably good shape so what the heck is going on here the spider gears are perfect. Could it just be the bearings are worn out enough to cause enough play to make the gears skip? I have to say that these redcat diffs are way stronger then I thought they were going to be.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:06 AM
islandturbos

ORIGINAL: eminentguitar

Ok I just took my diff apart and noticed that the crown and pinnion are in reasonably good shape so what the heck is going on here the spider gears are perfect. Could it just be the bearings are worn out enough to cause enough play to make the gears skip? I have to say that these redcat diffs are way stronger then I thought they were going to be.

How are your wheel hexes and the inside hub on the rim? I thought my diff was blown, but i found out the wheel hex was rounded off from the torque, and the inside of the rim were it holds the hex was rounded a little. Also make sure all the C clips are in the diff.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 AM
firstrc

I want to get some progressive springs any ideas?
Not sure on that one.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:45 AM
firstrc

ORIGINAL: islandturbos

ORIGINAL: firstrc

Yup.

Hey first R/C, i just orderd a couple of tsunami epx, does it come with 8 shocks? our does it come with 4 shocks? There were all out of the volcano so i got the tsunamis.

I rather it come with 8 haha, what kind of suspension adjustments did you do?
No it comes with four plastic crappy shocks that leak really bad. (sorry)
It didnt take long to figure out that they had to go. I put the alum uprgade shocks on it (8). My adjustments were just trial and error. Right now they are wound down about .5 inch from the top. Slightly stiffer in the rear to keep the front end down.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: islandturbos

How are your wheel hexes and the inside hub on the rim? I thought my diff was blown, but i found out the wheel hex was rounded off from the torque, and the inside of the rim were it holds the hex was rounded a little. Also make sure all the C clips are in the diff.

Well my wheel hexes and rims are in good shape the bearings are worn out and the crown gear has just a tiny bit of wear to is so I think im just going to get some shims and shim the diff a bit tighter it had alot of play in it.

The tmaxx big bore shocks are killer now it stays on the ground more I used to have a problem with it bouncing everywhere. The only thing is you have to use the plastic spacers on them for the spring adjustment

Does anyone know of the strongest 1/10 scale diffs out there???? Im up for any chalange mods are what I do best I just dont want to have to be rebuilding my diffs every ten minutes after I put that tz in there
Old 05-18-2008, 11:47 AM
rclynx

I've heard that the MT2 aftermarket metal gear aluminum housing are some of the strongest, but I see they haven't given you much responce. I do know that one of my customers bought about 3 differentials from me after the purchase of an .18TZ and never could get the differentials to stay together..................there aren't many out there that can hold up under that horse power. Some of the 2 wheel drives will though to bad theres no money in the ST models anymore, if there was I'm sure Darin would be right there
Old 05-18-2008, 11:56 AM
eminentguitar

Well I was thinking of putting the mt2 diff in there because I have 5 of them and what do you mean by the ST modles? what kind of 2wd diffs are strong?
Old 05-18-2008, 03:14 PM
rclynx

Stadium trucks...............2 wheel drive, but the differential in most of them won't fit the 4x4's [&o]
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
eminentguitar

why wont they fit? Im only running 2wd right now I like it like that. What ones are the strongest?
Old 05-18-2008, 07:03 PM
eminentguitar

Well I just about have the hpi mt2 rear diff and arms with the hpi cvd's installed into my tsunami hope there going to be good the only thing is the shocks I have are way toooooo short
Old 05-18-2008, 11:16 PM
eminentguitar

Ok so far I have hed to lengthen the wheelbase about half an inch just so I had fresh material to drill new holes for the diff mount in the chassis. If you want to do this without lengthening the wheelbase you can use the redcat diff mount(not sure of the exact name) bulkhead maybe? and the redcat sealed diff case the hpi gears fit into the case so iv been told lol. so I have to lengthen the drive shaft now so far so good. ill take some pics soon
Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
peewee146
My Feedback: (4)

i have a tsunami and the take off is so slow how do i meke it have a faster take off
Old 05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Lawdawg203

ORIGINAL: peewee146

i have a tsunami and the take off is so slow how do i meke it have a faster take off
I put a 13 tooth clutch bell in mine and a single speed transmission. Much better acceleration. I put some after market wheels and tires on it which slows it down on the bottom but gives it more top end.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
peewee146

i have the two speed still i would like to keep it that way but i have no take off at all
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Swamp3r

Have you played with your lsn you may be flooding it (running too rich)or not giving enough fuel (Running too lean). Or you may have an air leak check your fuel lines and anything else that may be loose on the engine. And after breakin did you change the glow plug. There are lots of other things but thats where I'd start myself.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
peewee146

i did all that
Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Swamp3r

I just want to confirm that you have no low end speed? Is that your problem? If so is youyr high end speed okay? The guys here need to know more about your problem to diagnose it.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:48 PM
peewee146

it will not spin the tires on take off its like it it stuck in second but it it not
Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 PM
xraycer71

OK, I'm still not understanding. Does your vehicle move at all?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Swamp3r

I don't know alot about the 2 speed tranny but I do know if that little grub screw is turned in too tight it will start in second gear. Correct me if I'm wrong guys I've never had to fix a 2 speed,all my trucks are single. Heres a post with pics about a 2 speed try this next http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4314984/tm.htm
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
peewee146

yes but it come off real slow before it gets up to speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.