Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
KeithjV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Have you checked out Himoto at all? Most of their stuff is identical to Redcat with a few exceptions.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM
eminentguitar

There are a pile of brands that are the exact same as the redcats every month there are more on ebay for next to nothing that are the same. There is only one company that makes them then sells them to smaller businesses some smaller then others like redcat for example is not that small but you get the drift. There is a store in edmenton that sells the "volcano" but its called something like "top fuel mt pro" or something like that. When I bought mine it was 90 dollars and I still see them here and there for about 120 on ebay. For the money you cant beat them.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

I have looked at himoto and exceed. Exceed has the Razor but it only has a .21 in it. Himoto has the Torpeda upgrade version which is the same as the hurricane version I'm looking for, but I've only found it on one site and they want $439 for it! Screw that! That's more than Savage X. I'm just gonna forget it for now. I'll decide what I'm gonna do ( if anything ) later. It's becoming more trouble than it's worth. I'm just gonna concentrate on getting the o.s. .18 for the nami and work with that for now.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
KeithjV

eminent what other brand names have you seen?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 AM
eminentguitar

Not sure I just notice them on ebay here and there with random names for really cheap. Just type in nitro rc on ebay and you should fine some
Old 12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Brett185

Hey guys, after beating the sh#t out of the nami this weekend I broke a front hinge pin. I really don't want to have to order it and have to wait on parts, so is there another manufacturers hinge pin that will work? Maybe HPI ( I know eminent or retro will know....lol....) ?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:43 PM
retrosoul

what would some 1 pay for a t-maxx 3.3 model# 4908 with an os .21tm and abunch of extra parts?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:37 AM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Hey guys, after beating the sh#t out of the nami this weekend I broke a front hinge pin. I really don't want to have to order it and have to wait on parts, so is there another manufacturers hinge pin that will work? Maybe HPI ( I know eminent or retro will know....lol....) ?
I think you can use any of the pins off of the mt2 im almost 100% sure of it man.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Brett185

I got my friend who is a machinest make a couple for me. They fit perfect. I also went out and bought me some new tires and rims for the nami as my Christmas present to myself. I got the proline step pins tires and some rpm bullethole rims. I think they're called slingshots or something like that. Anyway, they work great, major difference from the stock tires. I also have a set of rpm clawz blue anodize rims with proline flat iron tires mounted on them, but they are too heavy and too big in diameter for the nami. They slow it down considerably. But they are pretty good in the mud. Anyway just thought I'd drop you guys a line a say what's up.....Happy Holidays..........
Old 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
eminentguitar

Got some pics man?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

So does the tsunami have quite a few drivetrain problems even with the stock motor? Or is it mainly with a big block or more powerful motor?

Seems like a lot of drive cups, differential gear, and dogbone problems.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
KeithjV

I havent had any drive train problems at all. The dog bones do have a little bit of a twist to them but nothing major. If you put a BB in that thats a different story, you are going to need to upgrade the bones and shafts or you'll twist them in no time.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Brett185

Keith, you are absolutely correct. Even with the stock VX I keep gashing drive cups, and keep breaking trans. dogbones. I've been through almost 4 sets of diff drive cups, that includes both front, rear, and center diffs. I'm tired of changing out drive cups. I'm still running on my original 115mm dogbones, my original clutch shoes AND SPRING.( believe it or not ) my engine runs like a scalded dog. Freakin perfect. My gear mesh ( when I take my time to set it after removing the center diff to adjust the brakes ) has never given me a problem unless it was my fault. I applaud Redcat for making ( IMO ) a great product. I love my Tsumami. However, Redcat really needs to make some heavy duty upgrades to support the growing demand. With the economical problems these days, you would think that an up and coming company like Redcat would want to give their customers more options to upgrade their RCs. If you want to compete with the Big Dogs, you have to offer Big Dog options. Just offer Heavy Duty drive train options. If I just had stronger diff. cups. I would be completely satisfied. But if Redcat would offer HD universal joints, HD drive cups, HD spur gears, and HD diffs, I really think they could be a contender with theHPIs, the Losi's, and the Traxxas's. That's my opinion. Anyway, I'm gonna upgrade to the Mt2's drive train. I already had my lhs order the drive cups that I will need. The MT2's drive cups are 6mm, but I'm gonna have a friend of mine make me some dogbones that will more that definetly handle anything I can throw at it. Hopefully Redcat will step up their game and give us customers what we want. They did it for the Landslide, why can't they do it for their other popular vehicles?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Brett185

I'll have some pics up real soon. I just bought my g/f a new Kodak easyshare. We're still trying to figure out how to get pics on here. Sorry. I'm not too computer savy. I'm very mechanical savy, but I lack in computer skills......lol........
Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Keith, you are absolutely correct. Even with the stock VX I keep gashing drive cups, and keep breaking trans. dogbones. I've been through almost 4 sets of diff drive cups, that includes both front, rear, and center diffs. I'm tired of changing out drive cups. I'm still running on my original 115mm dogbones, my original clutch shoes AND SPRING.( believe it or not ) my engine runs like a scalded dog. Freakin perfect. My gear mesh ( when I take my time to set it after removing the center diff to adjust the brakes ) has never given me a problem unless it was my fault. I applaud Redcat for making ( IMO ) a great product. I love my Tsumami. However, Redcat really needs to make some heavy duty upgrades to support the growing demand. With the economical problems these days, you would think that an up and coming company like Redcat would want to give their customers more options to upgrade their RCs. If you want to compete with the Big Dogs, you have to offer Big Dog options. Just offer Heavy Duty drive train options. If I just had stronger diff. cups. I would be completely satisfied. But if Redcat would offer HD universal joints, HD drive cups, HD spur gears, and HD diffs, I really think they could be a contender with theHPIs, the Losi's, and the Traxxas's. That's my opinion. Anyway, I'm gonna upgrade to the Mt2's drive train. I already had my lhs order the drive cups that I will need. The MT2's drive cups are 6mm, but I'm gonna have a friend of mine make me some dogbones that will more that definetly handle anything I can throw at it. Hopefully Redcat will step up their game and give us customers what we want. They did it for the Landslide, why can't they do it for their other popular vehicles?
What do you mean by the hpi cups are 6mm? The redcats are 6 and the mt2's are 7mm ball ends. hope you got the right parts man. You know you could always get 2 hpi dogbones and cut them in half and weld them to the redcat bones then you have strong 7mm hpi diff cups and still the 6mm redcat stups.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Brett185

I did get the right parts. I was a little tipsy when I wrote that post. I've been looking at so many different parts lately, It's hard to keep the measurments straight sometimes. I haven't put any of the parts in yet. I've been waiting for something major to break so I have a reason to break it all down. So far I haven't broken anything in a while. I've been driving the nami alot lately. The weather over the last 2 weeks has been pretty good for bashing. It's been in the 60's here for a while. I am having trouble with some of my tires. I glued them on wrong, and I've been messing with trying to get them off the rim. I know I need to boil them, I just haven't messed with it. I went ahead and put some of the proline hole shots with some rpm rims on the front, and I still have the step pins on the rear. I'll get some pics up asap.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Brett185

Has anyone seen the new bodies for the tsunami? Or where I can get one? I was looking in the buy/sell section here on RCU and pulled up the redcats. There are some tsunamis on there both a red and blue one that have really cool bodies on them, totally different from the blue with yellow flames I have. I went to redcat's site and they don't have the new bodies listed. Anyone know anything about these?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
KeithjV

You should be able to use any 1/10th truggy or truck body. You would just have to mark out the body post holes.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
eminentguitar

I found that the redcat bodies are thinner then other bedies out there. You should try to get a proline body there nice and thick. Ill do some reaserch and find one that will fit for sure. I put a duratraxx nitro evader body on my tsunami with little mods. Or hey any hpi mt2 body will fit. there is a hummer, dodge truck, chev truck and ford truck I think thats all but im not sure.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 AM
rhm-zooom

Brett185, thats actually an old body. I have one and I think they are the best looking one also.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Brett185

Tower has some pretty cool bodies that I know would work. They are hpi bodies. They have a neon green one that is pretty cool. I would like to get my hands on one of those older bodies though. They definetly look better than the one I have. Almost any body would look better than the one I have. Anyway, I broke the brace in the front that the front hinge pins go through to connect the a-arms to the diff. It's about an inch and a half long, and has a notch that fits into the chasis. I've been looking on redcats site for a replacement, and it's not on there. I don't even know what it called. Some help would be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
retrosoul

bret i think this is what you are looking for http://02c4ae1.netsolstores.com/02017.aspx
Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Brett185

Yep, that's it. Thanks retro.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Brett185

I'm getting really irritated with redcat. They don't show the 02017 suspension arm brace as being a valid part number. I usually order all my parts directly from them, but the last several e-mail I've sent haven't been replied to. I don't know what's up, but I was thinking of getting a Hurricane, but if they're not gonna respond to their customers when they inquire about parts, then I'm just gonna get an OFNA or Duratrax. At least my LHS has parts for them, and I don't have to mess with ordering off the web. I'll sell my tsunami, or if I can't sell it then I'll stick the da#n thing up on a shelf and just let it collect dust, and get a name brand stadium truck, like the mt2, I've been looking at them anyway.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
KeithjV

Brett have you tried a google search for the parts? There are a few other vendors online that sell replacement parts.
You cant go wrong with an MT2 though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.