Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

RE: Redcat Racing Tremor Thread

ORIGINAL: bluecaka69

what promo video has the tremor ive never seen it i dont think it was the tremor you saw but i may be mistaken i dont really think it will gi that fast as it has a very small engine
    There is a video on Himoto Racing of the "Tremor"
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

ORIGINAL: ehroof

yuk the rascal is 2wd, must be impossible to control, the tremor is 4x4 right?
    Dude, you have no idea how hard they are to control 2wd, my son took the front drive shafts out of his because he likes the way it spins around when you try to take off(uncontrolably) I hate it like that can't drive it for crap.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've heard Redcat is releasing the electric version of the Tremor this summer. Is that true? If so, when exactly can we expect it and can Redcat provide parts before the release?

Thanks!

Hi all!
    I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a Redcat Tremor ATV. Actually, it came with the truck body as well as the atv body.
    I got to say, this bad boy has some quick throttle response. I ran about 4 tanks at idle and a little past idle(before the clutch kicks in. Now, I tuned the engine and this is a monster!
    Tuning these engines is very simple. I did do some temperature checking and the glow plug area never got over 178 degrees F. The very tip of the head sink was only 210 degrees F.
    I must say also even with this one being 4 wheel drive, it is still hard to keep control of at high speeds. As far as the braking, this one stops on a dime! It stops so hard, it throws the rear up off the ground.
    The only, and I mean only thing I have problems with, is the darn battery pack for the RX. I can't get the cover back on . I will find another battery pack for this truck.
    For this being my first nitro rc vehicle, this one rocks!

AllAboutFunHobbies / Himoto Racing USA / Redcat Racing / MXT-2S / MTR-2S / XMod / and a few Tremors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LMAO, the battery box is a heck of a challenge isn't it.

I agree the Tremors are a blast to use, tons of power and jump great. I have experienced that with the brakes as well, when I hit a bump while on the brakes it will lift into a nose wheelie. Its pretty funny looking.

-Derek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l5HWi4rtQQ&fmt=6
    Redcat Dealer - Derek Hastings - Affordable RC

Yeah, this little engine puts out some major umph! I don't know why people would want to replace it with a bigger one..
    I did do some research on some tires and wheels. I used to have some Tamiya vehicles years ago and the wheel/rim/nut setup is the same on these. They both used a hub with a pin crossways in the axle. I will attempt to use some tamiya hubs and some 1/10 slicks on my tremor.
    I love it!
    AllAboutFunHobbies / Himoto Racing USA / Redcat Racing / MXT-2S / MTR-2S / XMod / and a few Tremors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We received our 1/16 Tremor today and are having some problems, any help would be appreciated since we are new. Got the truck running, tried out a few trips around the yard and now we have no steering control. We've changed and checked everything with the batteries, and wires and adjustments to the trim doesn't do anything. Also the rear wheels turn freely but don't run on 4 wheel drive.

[]

ORIGINAL: 3browns

We received our 1/16 Tremor today and are having some problems, any help would be appreciated since we are new. Got the truck running, tried out a few trips around the yard and now we have no steering control. We've changed and checked everything with the batteries, and wires and adjustments to the trim doesn't do anything. Also the rear wheels turn freely but don't run on 4 wheel drive.

[]
    If you pick up the truck and turn the wheels with the control, do they turn? Check the servo connector on the RX in the battery box. I can not get my box to completley shut. If, they do not turn, swap the steering servo leads with the throttle servo leads. You should be able to pull the throttle trigger and the wheels shoud turn. If they don't with switching the leads, your steering servo may be bad. As far as the 4 wheel drive problems, if you hold one of the rear tires and spin the other rear tire, the front tires should spin also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for your response. It seems the steering servo must be bad.

The back wheels - they both spin but when you spin one the other doesn't spin with it. When you spin the front wheels the back wheels don't spin. Does that mean the rearend is out? I'm not explaining this very well, sorry.

ORIGINAL: 3browns

Thank you for your response. It seems the steering servo must be bad.

The back wheels - they both spin but when you spin one the other doesn't spin with it. When you spin the front wheels the back wheels don't spin. Does that mean the rearend is out? I'm not explaining this very well, sorry.
    Check your ummmm..... Universal Joint Cups. There are 4 that I can tell. They are all in the centerline of the chassis. Make sure they are screwed down tight on the shaft.
    Here is an example:
    pick the truck up, turn the left rear tire only(don't hold the right rear tire), and the right rear tire should turn the opposite direction. Same way on the front tires.
    If you hold the right rear tire and spin the left rear tire, the front tires(left or right or both) should turn also by just spinning one of the rear tires.
    If they don't you have a drivetrain problem. Also check the universal joint cups on the main gear assembly(the clutchbell turns this). There is one on the front of it and one on the back of it. Make sure they are tight and not spinning freely on the shaft.
    If that don't solve it, I don't know what else to tell you unless you tear the gearboxes down and see if something is broke or missing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat,

What's the deal with the electic Tremors? I thought they were coming out this summer? I haven't seen anything about them...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm suprised Redcat hasn't come out with one yet and when they do I hope its like the RAGE. its a killer little truck and Darin should take a look at them
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think electric Tremors would be an EXCELLENT addition to the Redcat lineup.

-Derek
    Redcat Dealer - Derek Hastings - Affordable RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So you don't know if they are or aren't? I heard from someone at Redcat that they will be selling them this summer.

I was at my LHS yesterday and I found some wheels that caught my eyes. They look almost exactly like the rims on my full size truck. I had to have them. They are for a Traxxas vehicle. They fit the Tremor perfectly. They are just a tad bit bigger and they are a bit wider. I found some on-road/off-road tires that fit them. They use the 2.2 size tires.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47259.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	942844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30346.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	942845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pu52342.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	942846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ga78050.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	942847  

These look exactly like the redcat tremors:
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/1sctr.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats because it is, exceedrc an redcat share quite a few rcs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello

I bought two tremor XTK Truck's last summer. When they WERE working, they did indeed kick @$$. They flew around and took a good beating. But VERY quickly i had many many problems with the temperamental engines. On one of them, the clutch blew, and the servo also went. So I was down to only one working truck. Now i took them out to use again, and the truck that was working, will not start.... It is sucking fuel through, and the pull start is pulling relatively smooth. But it will never kick the motor over and start...

Any suggestions?

Could I have blown my motor? I ran it very rich because i had only used it maybe 4 or 5 times . So I had not even finished breaking it in...

Very disappointed with these trucks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few things I have learnt the hard way. Pull your glow plug out and heat it up it should glow red almost instantly, if you were running really rich turn your truck on it's side where the pipe is make sure your doing it some where that you can spill oil, I ran too rich and my monsoon wouldn't start I emptied the oil out and she fired right up, And are you priming through the carb?
    Edit when you were breaking it in did you leave it at bdc when it was cooling off thats very important. And if you left it that long did you use after run also very important. Don`t blame the truck if you didn`t do either of these things.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

ORIGINAL: thesoulcrusher
    the pull start is pulling relatively smooth. But it will never kick the motor over and start...
    Any suggestions?
    Sounds like your one-way bearing is oily. Everyone has come acrosss this I'm sure. You will need to pull the pull start off and then the backplate and clean your one-way bearing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi i am new to this site and new to nitro cars i have a few questions i just bought a 1/16 SCALE TREMOR BUGGY REDCAT RACING i was wondering if you guys can give me some newbie tips what fuel should i use stuff like that thank you very much

http://shopping.netsuite.com/c.84985...4Pa38Ta38Sa3r0

here are some tips and stuff for you, there are videos and manuals and faqs. i not sure what nitro to use on those small engines
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where is a good place to buy parts accessories and nitro fuel at a good price??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try AllAboutFunHobbies he`s in the states I dunno if he can ship fuel but you can always ask.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i am sorry for all these questions but one more i forgot to ask do i mix the 20% fuel or do i just pour it in?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast