Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 PM
hban398

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Hi, new to the hobby and looking for some help.

Got a 1/10 Nitro Volcano S30. Been running for about 4 months now. Mostly run it in the backyard on grass. Recently ran on the street and it was running fine. All the sudden, it just would not move.

My front right dogbone is missing which I knew and was going to ordera new one.

My rear wheels have no power. Both dogbones are in tack. When I give it gas, they both spin but the second I put it on the pavement, no go. I was thinking it has something to do with the differential?

If I manually turn both wheels in the same direction, the transmission shaft dogbone will not turn. So could it be something with the transmission? Is there something else I can check to be sure? I've taken the rear section off but not sure what to look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 PM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Most likley it is a loose grub screw on the rear drive cup or and internal problem in the diff...
Old 10-16-2010, 03:48 PM
hban398

The rear drive cup is in place and turns easly.  Looked at all the screws and they are all tight and I'm not missing any.  Should I just replace the rear differential?
Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
hban398

Also, if I turn 1 wheel, shouldn't the other turn in the opposite direction?  It's not doing that anymore.  When I turn the rear drive cup manually, it seems 1 wheels turns faster than the other.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:39 PM
hban398

Solved.  It was the grub screws on the rear ax by both tires.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Now, need a front wheel alignment.  Any ideas?