Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

throttle pullrod set

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
ganjamatik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle pullrod set

hey guys the spring on my throttle linkage came off my volcano sv, the nut that holds the spring on came off so i lost the spring as well, can i find something locally that would work or do i have to order the wole throttle linkage from a redcat dealer, id rather not wait 4 shipping so if i can get one at my lhs i d rather do that, what do you think?all i need is one of the nuts and the spring

Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: throttle pullrod set

I've used the spring from a ball point click type pen. You could probablly go to the Local Hobby store to get the Lock ring that goes on the throttle linkage or find some thing at the hardware store that will work.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
ganjamatik

hahaha thats weird that was the first thing i thought of,i took a pen apart and actually put it on my truck, i know i need to definitely get a lock ring but the spring seems kinda flimsy and sorta compared to the original, will that cause a problem
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, i was thinking the same thing as i was reading your question.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 AM
mozzzy_2000

when I have lost these springs I have just used a piece of silicone fuel tubing instead. Works supprising well
Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very good idea with the fuel tubing, i have used pen springs on some of my onroad pan cars since the from suspension takes small springs, until i get the new ones, they work fine.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:49 AM
mozzzy_2000

yeah you know those plastic shock tip eyelets for the shocks on the hurricane? I lost those ages ago and I now also use pieces of fuel tubing in those eyelets. Again its very effective and they even provide some extra cushioning. Very versatile is fuel tubing!

I must admit though I would never have thought of using pen springs hey. They would be the perfect size. Good thinking!