Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WHY ME!!!???!?!?!?

my freind came over for the super bowl today, but it was still early and the weather was great, it was in the 50s with a clear blue sky. so i wanted to show off my car, and he wanted to see it. so it was running really good and it had lots of power. we then made a jump for it. it wasn't high, it was just a small jump and we didn't push it too hard. while my friend was driving it. i made him go really slow though though. he brought it off the jump and as it landed it started to rev high, so i took the controler and gave it some gas and the car didn't move, just revved. so i knew right away that it was the gears, and sure enough my brand new never used gears were shredded to bits. and i was 1000000% sure that the mesh was perfect and that the motor wasn't crooked. so i let it idel till it ran out of fuel, and while we were bringing it in, i realized the engine came loose, so that was why it shredded the gears. so i thought it was no big deal, and i could just retighten the screws and use some thread lock, but 2 of the screws had fallen out! and the engine mount was stripped. so now i need a new engine mount and new screws and new spur gears. i ordered 2 of each spur gear from allaboutfun, but he only sent me one of each cause he was out of stock! man, why does this happen to me. its happened 3 times, 1st time it didn't strip luckily. now i know why this has been happening, i needed new screws and a mount and some thread lock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WHY ME!!!???!?!?!?

That sucks one thing ive learned is never SHOW OFF your cars I did that when i fisrt got mine told my buddy watch this i ran it full speed right into his truck tire
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2 words, BLUE LOCKTITE
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have the locktite that i used for the cooling head screws, so thats what im useing. hopefully this will never happen again. or else, im getting metal gears, lol