Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Congratulations to Redcat on their Shockwave launch.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Congratulations to Redcat on their Shockwave launch.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 AM
fugadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congratulations to Redcat on their Shockwave launch.

It's really nice to see you guys sticking to serving an entry model customer. Honestly it makes me want to support you even more. It would be nice if everyone in the RC world produced their high end cars, and then some good entry models everyone could afford this keeps the hobby more fun, because then there are lots more people participating. I hope this product line works well for you guys. I'm very happy with the redcat products I've purchased so far and I wish you success.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Nathan9492

Default RE: Congratulations to Redcat on their Tornado XL launch.

yeh the buggy looks very nice hey!, will be very good for a entry level Rc'er
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 AM
nantucket

ORIGINAL: fugadude

It would be nice if everyone in the RC world produced their high end cars, and then some good entry models everyone could afford this keeps the hobby more fun.
I agree, I was at my LHS this past Saturday and my jaw just about hit the floor when I looked at the prices of some of the nitros they have. There was nothing under $200, and for somebody like me who don't race competitively, that's just too much $$$. Keep up the good work Redcat!!![8D]
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you guys talking about the launch of the tornado XL. What so big about it it's all made buy the same company in china that's it. [sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 AM
rclynx

Like you are such a brilliant person proclaiming something as China Junk. Thats the same kind of stupidity that was pushed around 40 years ago about Japan and the Hondas among others. Over 80% of whats made for the RC industry in made in China, including the junk you must be using. Sorry your the one that said China makes junk so what you have is Junk also. Go and grow up, I don't like any of them taking over but thats the way it is and if you don't have anything nice to say go the hell away. I'll put up my China Junk against any China junk you have. Lets see / thats Traxxas, Koyosho, HPI, AE, CEN and darn near all the rest. Don't take my word for it call them all and ask.......... [sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-06-2007, 04:33 AM
giddyuperic

Change the word from junk to clone and then you have it and I will be at delta raceway in the second week of april for seven days. Let me know if you go to that track and if not I will come to you. Thems fighting word's boy[sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-06-2007, 04:45 AM
fugadude

lol are you going to race a redcat tornado with your himoto syclone?

Seriously though what's great is that they'll be selling these nitro buggies ready to run for 99 bucks. Hell yeah I'll get me one. Never cared for buggies but for 99 bucks
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 AM
mozzzy_2000

Like you are such a brilliant person proclaiming something as China Junk.
Thats funny! dude I think you got the wrong impression of giddyuperic! lol, he is sponsered by himoto!! doh! who have basically the same range of cars.
Without putting words in his mouth, I think the point he was trying to make is 'whats all the fuss about the tornado?" for it is an "old" buggy.

Anyway I think intent & the tone of one's messages seem to get lost on these forums with people ready to jump down everybody's throat.

peace...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 AM
dclintonh

i want a little redcat pro truck version. i see those race locally and are pretty cool, the rc10s are nice but kinda pricy.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
giddyuperic

that's the point I was trying to make is that the tornado was and has been out for long time. And yes it is great that they can bring RC to the mass. I have been posting on here longer than you have know about the site. And I have taking more stuff from people because of the fact that I do drive for Himoto and most of my fleet is Himoto. So I think you should step back and look at the fact that all of these cars ,buggies and so on are all the same in one way or another. That's all I was saying so please don't come on here and make a mountain out of a mole hill okay.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
fugadude

Default RE: Congratulations to Redcat on their Shockwave launch.

February 21, 2007: For immediate release

Redcat Racing announces the first ready to run 1/10 scale
nitro buggy priced below $100

Redcat Racing today announced that it has launched an aggressive marketing campaign to promote its newest offering, the Shockwave, a 1/10 scale, ready-to-run (RTR) nitro buggy carrying a suggested retail price of only $99.99.

“We are very excited about this new product,†says Darin Oreman, CEO of Redcat Racing. “Not only have we breached a price point that has been unheard of in the nitro marketplace but we have done it with a complete ready-to-run buggy. We have included all required electronics, remote control, powerful .16 engine and a pre-painted body all available for only $99.99. The user will only need fuel, glow plug igniter and batteries.â€

Based on the already popular Tornado XL, which Redcat plans to phase out in time, the Shockwave will have a new paint scheme and name. The Shockwave uses a Vertex .16 nitro engine; single-speed center-mounted transmission; four-wheel drive; two-channel A.M. Radio & receiver; 2.5mm 6061 aluminum chassis; steel disc brakes; oil-filled shocks; and pre-painted body in a ready-to-run, fully assembled package.

Redcat currently has a small amount of Tornado XL models still in stock until the Shockwaves arrive and have adjusted the MSRP to only $99.99 until they are sold out. The Shockwave will be identical to the Tornado XL except for a new color scheme!

Redcat Racing expects its first shipments of the Shockwave to arrive in the United States in mid March and it will be for sale exclusively through the Redcat Racing Web site at www.redcatracing.com. Availability may be limited until late April.
Redcat Racing was founded in 2005 with a focus on Chinese-made nitro-powered RC vehicles. Since its inception, Redcat Racing’s goal has been to offer a low-priced, high-quality RC products to the masses. Redcat Racing has built a strong following as a result of its commitment to providing quality products and continues to see sharp growth for their products.

I should have put Shockwave in the initial post, but who care it's basically a Tornado anyway, and it's going to sell for 99 bucks!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
ehroof

i dont understand all the negativity, its a rtr nitro buggy for less than $100 new. I think its a great idea. Doesnt matter where its made.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
fugadude

So you gettin one ehoof? Saw the vid with yer boy cool stuff bro I think I'll get me a pair and modify the hell out of them maybe put some sheet metal on them and make one drag around a mace or something have lawn wars with my woman.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
ehroof

lol, i have 2 tornado xp's. but you cant go wrong for $99, you can get 3 for the price of most rc's.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
fugadude

heh, I defintily need a pair of Madmax roadwarrior buggies to go into my RC garage. Are dish wheels all they make for buggies? Just curious I know nothing about buggies.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
ehroof

they make dish and spoke wheels, here are some pics of mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50002.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	636584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54468.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	636585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84282.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	636586  
Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
fugadude

Nice I like the one on the left? You did a custom shell for it? Is that a Tornado? you put new shocks on it? Looks sweet. Where did you get the shell from?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
ehroof

the red and white one is a hurricane, with sportwerks body, i will be getting a body from clermontmotorsports.com soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
fugadude

So where do you get a body you can paint for the tornado?

I wish they made some more alien looking bodies and also some more milspec rugged looking bodies.

maybe one like the Nike one car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51234.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	636591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq96626.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	636592  
Old 03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
ehroof

someone is selling them, either clermontmotorsports.com or redcatracing.com, i remember seeing clear bodies
Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 PM
mozzzy_2000

Nice bargain! gee with only a slightly smaller engine and a single speed, its a great looking bargain. Am I the only one that thinks that this has the better clucth system being single speed? With 100% problems with the existing 2 speed gears, I wonder why everyone stays with 2-speed? Its interesting to note that not 1 racing 1/8 comes with a 2 speed gearbox, only these 1/10 versions. I'd stick with single speed if you ask me.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Nathan9492

yeh single speed is sometimes better, but my 2 speed has never given me Problems