Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

won't move

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
gold_coin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't move

hey all i was runnin my tornado xp in the dirt about 30 min ago and all of a sudden it wouldnt move, im wondering what gears i have stripped or whats going on i took apart the gears in the gear box in the middle of the car in the plastic case, the larger gear wont spin AT ALL is that normal? well i broke it loose, i hope that was the right thing to do, now im not sure what to do any help would be great
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
nitro_racer_1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: won't move

u say u broke it loose? so it spins normally now? and its not stripped? if so it was prolly just a rock stuck somewhere. rocks get stuck in moving parts sometimes its no big deal.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 PM
gold_coin

yeah i broke it loose, but it looked like the gear had been glued to the case...... but i took it all apart and just put it all bak together, and it started and it would go forward i just need to see if it will shift now cause i cant remember if it was shifting before
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 PM
bluecaka69

make sure you check you bearings in the case if really dirty they will were out and heat up causing plastic to melt together this happened to me on front diff before
Old 03-13-2007, 09:30 AM
gold_coin

yeah that sounds like that could have happened, to bad i didnt think about that when i had it all torn apart.... but hey thats the fun of this hobby.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:25 PM
minion666

the problem i ran across was one of the pins on the flywheel came out of the hole and made the clutch fingers dig into the bell. after pinging the flywheel with a punch around the pin hole and tightening the clutch spring i haven't had any more problems.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM
rclynx

Saw that subject line ( won't move ) and thought someone besides me had a wife that won't move when I want to go drive RC cars
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 PM
MiniCwik

LMAO!!! Fortunately my wife is supportive of my hobby
Old 03-13-2007, 03:24 PM
minion666

yeah mine is too, i drive her volcano all the time...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 AM
gold_coin

ROFL that is classic hahaha
well i got it all back together but it wont shift, i just replace the clutch bell and the two gears with the recommended on the forums.

im wondering if i put that metal disc on back words, the one that goes infront of the two gears in the black case, if i hold the larger gear and spin the shaft it will spin one way but not the other is that normal? or maybe i broke the smaller gear, i dont know, i have no idea what it is supposed to look like or act any input would be great
thanks guys
Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should try spraying some wd40 on the 2 speed shifter, run it and spray again, if that doesnt work , turn the adjustment screw on it like a full turn counterclockwise.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:24 PM
gold_coin

the 2 speed shifter is that metal disc that goes before the two gears in the black box? btw what are those gears called so i dont have to refer to them as the "2 gears in the black box" lol
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spur gears, lol
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
slide150

they are called spur gears bro
Old 03-16-2007, 12:06 AM
gold_coin

ok thats what i thought, so i took it apart AGAIn today i reversed the way the metal disc sat against the smaller gear, but nothing and i was topping it out in a wide open parking lot but it wouldnt shift i read about adjusting the arm on the metal disc, but which way would i have to turn the screw? oh and it will be a few days before i can try again because i barely slid the back end into a curb and SNAP i broke another plastic piece...........we need more hobby shops to carry redcat parts, i hate waiting for shipping and the steep prices from redcat
Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 AM
mik641

i second that a pullstarter is 40$NZ
Old 03-16-2007, 06:06 AM
MiniCwik

ORIGINAL: gold_coin

ok thats what i thought, so i took it apart AGAIn today i reversed the way the metal disc sat against the smaller gear, but nothing and i was topping it out in a wide open parking lot but it wouldnt shift i read about adjusting the arm on the metal disc, but which way would i have to turn the screw? oh and it will be a few days before i can try again because i barely slid the back end into a curb and SNAP i broke another plastic piece...........we need more hobby shops to carry redcat parts, i hate waiting for shipping and the steep prices from redcat
This is why I buy more than one of parts that seem to frequntly be in need or replacement.

You're paying steep prices? If so, then you need to check out both [link=http://www.clermontmotorsports.com]www.clermontmotorsports.com[/link] and [link=http://www.allaboutfunhobbies.com]www.allaboutfunhobbies.com[/link] - they both have great prices, fast shipping, and excellent customer service!!!