Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Buy from anywhere but Tower Hobbies

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Buy from anywhere but Tower Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buy from anywhere but Tower Hobbies

Guys, i ordered a clutch bell last sunday night and as of today i still dont have it. Its been over a week and still no clutch bell. Their shipping is slow, they dont give you a tracking number and the customer service wont help you out at all. Use their site for reference but buy from somewhere else. They have the part numbers on the site.

Anyone else have a story about them? I have given them alot of my business over many years and i get no service what so ever.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Chopped02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buy from anywhere but Tower Hobbies

Up to this point, I've never had a problem with Tower. They usually get me my parts withing 3 to 4 days and have given me a tracking number with my orders. They usually don't work because th USPS tracking system sucks but still. Have you ordered from Horizon? I have yet to and was wondering how they were about shipping. Good luck bro.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Uh, I told you guys along time ago, tower sucks, lol. I only ordered from them one time and was so pissed about the high shipping I never ordered from them again. Althouggh now days I don't have to order from them since I have most of what I need in stock, bonus, lol, except the damn 2 speed clutch bells and gears. I'm gonna try a kyosho 2 speed clutch bell 13/18 and 13/16 and see what happens. Will keep ya all posted about them, there cheaper and made of steel, only draw back is you can't change the gear ratio with out changing the clutch bell.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Kemo

i've never had a problem with shipping. its always gotten here in 3-4 days.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:41 PM
ehroof

i have dealt with them for years, this is the first time i have had a problem, i just dont like the lack professionalism, their answer is "we dont know" "you need to wait and see."
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ya that sucks, that they didn't give a crap how long you have buying from them. They should have done something to right the situation.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Andyde4

Awhile ago I orderd some oil from them it took 3 weeks to get it i'd say thats slow but thats just me lol
Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 PM
mod_55_fan

r u sure they gave me a tracking number and i got my parts in like three days and they said it would be seven to ten days and it was only three days so i thought it was pretty good but thats just me
Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 AM
giddyuperic

Never had one problem with them, they ship out to cali in 3 to 4 days. Ten years plus
Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 AM
mik641

just think what the shipping would be like if they sent it to new zealand...
Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 AM
nantucket

It depends on where their shipping it from too. I know they have a warehouse in Illinois and one in Nevada (and probably more) so that may have something to do with it. Oh yeah, USPS tracking sucks balls!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Never had one problem with them, they ship out to cali in 3 to 4 days. Ten years plus
Same here, aside from the whole Cali part. i've been dealing with them for about 12 years now, not one single issue, never one issue with their customer service.

maybe your credit card got declined, eddie?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Kawasakirider

OK first of all, why would you buy a SINGLE CLUTCHBELL?..... If you're buying online buy a few things to make the shipping worthwile. Secondly, I live in Australia and ordered a $750 USD order from tower hobbies and I got it in 3 days.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 AM
MiniCwik

I feel you bro and I too hate their super slow S/H and I am only about 9 or so hours away from their facility. [:@]
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Same here, aside from the whole Cali part. i've been dealing with them for about 12 years now, not one single issue, never one issue with their customer service.

maybe your credit card got declined, eddie?
LOL, the order placed on the 10th and shipped on the 13th.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:27 AM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Kawasakirider

OK first of all, why would you buy a SINGLE CLUTCHBELL?..... If you're buying online buy a few things to make the shipping worthwile. Secondly, I live in Australia and ordered a $750 USD order from tower hobbies and I got it in 3 days.

i bought a single cluthbell because that is all that i needed, along with some bearings and bushings. why would it matter what i ordered?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Kawasakirider

Because that is stupid. Towers shipping price is quite high, even if you used the povo shipping you should have bought some other stuff to make up for the shipping cost, otherwise you may aswell go to the LHS, you won't be losing any money and you get it faster.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 AM
ehroof

stupid? so your calling me stupid? I wont touch that, i will let your words speak for you.

#1, my lhs didnt have what i needed and if they were to get it, it would take at least a week and cost me $5 more,
#2, the shipping was $3.99, which is not alot of money for me, maybe for you it is, and with the shipping it was still less than my order would have been from my local hobby stores, i went to 3 in the area and none had it.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Kawasakirider

Nah, i'm not calling you stupid, the mod thought i was calling you retarded but I wasn't. See you people need to read, I said it's stupid ordering Small parts from tower. $3.99 isn't bad for shipping, last time I used tower it cost $155 usd.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ehroof

LOL, the order placed on the 10th and shipped on the 13th.
Then it's out of Tower's hands if it's been shipped. what do you want them to tell you? not Tower's fault that shipping by ANY company, be it DHL, USPS, UPS, or FedEx is a crapshoot.

out of those 4, FedEx and USPS are my favorites.

Also, did you get the insurance with your order? if not, bend over and reap the crappiness.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
ganjamatik

i ordered my header from tower and a glow plug igniter and it took about 2 days to get a confirmation email saying they got the order, then another 3 till i got an email saying it was shipped, then about 9 business days to receive it(no tracking number at all). the prices are good but when you add shipping and the hassle of waiting soo long it is not worth it at all. i like ebay and smaller companies because they tend to ship items out asap, i think its crap someone will take your order then wait sometimes 5 days just to ship it.(though they tell you that they have up to 14 business days to ship it out)i got burned once from amazon like that.never again
Old 03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Kawasakirider

Because that is stupid. Towers shipping price is quite high, even if you used the povo shipping you should have bought some other stuff to make up for the shipping cost, otherwise you may aswell go to the LHS, you won't be losing any money and you get it faster.

thats not true. Tower is a lot cheaper than any hobbyshop i have been inside. their shipping prices are also low. For me, its cheaper to order thru tower and wait for shipping. Why? because i burn up about 2 gallons to and 2 from the hobbyshop. now, do the math. Gas is about 2.50 a gallon. Thats about a 10 dollar trip. Towerhobbies is cheaper.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: ganjamatik

i ordered my header from tower and a glow plug igniter and it took about 2 days to get a confirmation email saying they got the order, then another 3 till i got an email saying it was shipped, then about 9 business days to receive it(no tracking number at all). the prices are good but when you add shipping and the hassle of waiting soo long it is not worth it at all. i like ebay and smaller companies because they tend to ship items out asap, i think its crap someone will take your order then wait sometimes 5 days just to ship it.(though they tell you that they have up to 14 business days to ship it out)i got burned once from amazon like that.never again

i agree, i am going thru the same thing, i am suprsied usually they are not that bad, but this time is rediculous. Hey TBJ, you can order from them if you want, i am just voicing my opinion, not to mention i wasnt offered insurance.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
bluecaka69

ive order over 2500 worth of stff and have never been offered insurance either i dint think they insure anything other than what ups dhl have as a min. i know ups is 100 so you order a 500 car they lose it your out 400 kinda odd i think
Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
ehroof

just want you guys to know i still havent gotten my order from tower hobbies, its 3 weeks. I called on friday and they said they would ship another right away using ups and email me a tracking number. Well i called today and they told me it may ship today or tomorrow. So, 3 more days and still not shipped. They have gotten their last order from me, i order at least once a month from them. can you imagine over 3 weeks and still not clutch bell and its still not shipped out yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.