Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane XP Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:41 AM
jrock32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane XP Question

I have encountered a strange problem. I can't get the wheels off of my buggy.??? I know, it sounds crazy and Ive never had this problem with previous trucks/buggies so its frustraiting. Usually you take off the nut and the wheels come right off. I have pulled, twisted etc with no luck.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks....
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hurricane XP Question

pry and pull a little, they will come off, they need a little work the first time off.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
dclintonh

me too the stock wheels suck to get off. i had to beat hte hell out of them the first few times till i got smart and drilled the hole alittle bit bigger.

get some of these the stockers really suck anyways

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Racingspike-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
bluecaka69

also after you get it off the whole is to small in the rim use a body reamer and make the whole a little bigger then it will come right off
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82784.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	655380  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
jrock32

Hey dclintonh..... Thanks for the link. Thats not a bad deal, $22 for the wheels and tires! I was at my LHS and they want $20.00 just for two crimefighters! Anyway, I managed to get the wheels off and yes, drilling out the middle slightly will help.

Another question to all, my XP dosnt seem to be turning very sharp. I have a 100oz High Torque servo, but the problem seems to be the turning. Is there an adjustment I can make? Or could a put a longer servo horn/arm on the steering servo? When I was at the track, I had to make HUGE turns. It really killed my time..... Any suggestions would be great!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
MiniCwik

I believe you can adjust it with the servo saver, let me see if I can dig it up ... I know I need to do the same.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:18 PM
MiniCwik

Here's what AllAboutFunHobbies said about tightening up the servo saver, or in your case loosening it so that it has better response:

"Yes you can tighten up the servo saver , turn the aluminum finger screw on the top of the post just under the upper deck where the servo saver mounts. Left is tight right is loose."

I'm gonna give it a shot and see if it helps me out, I noticed that even with the 142oz. of torque it helps more when I am on the gas.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:36 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

When your moving just like a real car the moving makes it easier for the servo to be able to turn the wheels.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:22 PM
ehroof

dont tighten it up too much or you will land a jump or bump into something and strip the servo gears out.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

oh ya lol, I left the important stuff out, thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 PM
jrock32

Thanks for the replies. A couple of things that I left out. I still had the stock tires that come on the XP, which aren't the best. The track is an indoor track with very hard and slick clay. FYI, when I walked across the track, I almost slipped after it had been watered, that gives you an idea of how slick it was. Maybe I was just "pushing" through the turns. I havnt set mine next to another buggy to see if there is a difference in the turning angle. I have taken my servo horn off to see if the servo is hindering the turning radius, but it is still the same. Like I said, the tire combo I was using with that type of track could have made a big difference.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:21 AM
giddyuperic

This is the best way to get them off. And all it is a battery post remover for five bucks at the auto parts store and it works great on fly wheels too. One of my best tools when I was turning wrenchs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66977.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	655886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12863.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	655887