Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

any help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
ganjamatik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any help?

my darn clucth bell i just got snapped on me and while trying to remove it i snapped the pin that the cb goes on, i tried to take off my flywhell vut couldnt figure out how, i got frustrated ,applied to much force and broke a piece off of my flywheel, all in all a great day!!lol well my question is how the heck do i get my flywheel off now that its broken and more importantly what do i do about the pin that snapped off,and most important of all, how much money did i just cost myself???? i include some pics and an extra of what my car looks like after i beat the hell out of it, it was ridiculously fun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52257.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	646059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79948.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	646060  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any help?

that nut in the picture has to come off, you snapped it off but the nut is still there. You have to hold the flywheel while you take that nut off, then pull the flywheel off the cone that is on the crank. the piece you broke is called a clutch nut. i dont see it on redcats site though, maybe one of the dealers can help you out, email clermontmotorsporst.com or alllaboutfunhobbies.com
Old 03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
ganjamatik

thats how i broke the flywheel i was using a vice grip to hold the flywheel while i spun the nut, i guess it may come off easier if i put the whole engine in a vise or back on the frame, cuz its way to hard to get that nut off with the engine off of car
Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
SIREX

There is a hole behind the fly wheel that you can put a small screwdriver or or allen wrench in to hold it and the take a wrench to the black nut and loosen it.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
ganjamatik

nice, thanks, now i guess all i need is to figure out waht pat number that pin is