Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Volcano 2 speed problems

I got the 2 speed for the volcano from redcat, installed and works fine, but it seems like its stuck in second considering it has less torque, but it may even be in first i wouldnt know since both spur gears spin...

It came with both the screws in the bottom screwed basically all the way in. I tries turning them both out a little, and one out a lot, but i dont know what to do to shift its always the same. Right now they are both all the way in. Which screw do i adjust i thought i only adjusted one not two

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano 2 speed problems

the one screw needs to be all the way in. That is what holds it to the shaft. The other screw the further it is out, the sooner it will shift into second. There is a spring loaded lever you could say that when it spins round and round it comes out and catches the other gear and then it is in second.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

whats a good start point? im assuming the one that is locking it is the straight one, and the offset one is the one i gotta adjust, but how far out is it ussually.....i have no idea where to start, and i have yet to realllly screw it out, only till the back of the screw is flush with the ring, so i could go a bit more but i didnt want to, seems most of my adjustments kept it in 2nd gear, cuz the acceleration was like half of what the stock single speed was.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you don't want to screw it out passed flush, because then the allen screw will actually hit the second gear and that will make it stick in second gear. If you look at the second gear which is the small of the 2 it has a little metal pin in it. When the little arm on the shifter opens up that's what it hits to go into second gear.

I would screw it all the way in, but not tight, just so it touches bottom, then about 2 turns out. Actually start with 1 and 1/2 then just keep turning out little by little, until you get it to shift. Just make sure the allen screw is not passed flush. Mine is 2 turn out, and maybe just a tad more or less. But some where in that range.

Also with you unscrewing the other allen screw you might have spun it out of position. The rod it connects to has a little flat spot where it tightens down to. If that is not tighten down in the right spot your shifter might not work properly. I hope this helps and makes sense.
    Team Losi Lst2 (Kick azz truck)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

look at this thread here it show how it should be assembled[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/mpage_7/key_/tm.htm[/link] Post #175

Ands then try this one It explains the shifter.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4207842/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link] Post # 20

These pictures are all past posts complementary of Popper and chubbsuncle

Chubbsuncle also did this one [link]http://www.putfile.com/uncgreg/images/18903[/link]
    Team Losi Lst2 (Kick azz truck)