Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
stallone11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

I have broke some teeth on my 47 teeth gear. I have remove the transmission and take out the two gear. When i try to put the one way bearing into the new gear, the hole is bigger than the old one. Which part is missing? Do i have the right part? My parts is #06032.

thanks

p.s. i have tornado BB
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM
stallone11

Default RE: Some part is missing to change 47 teeth transmission gear

nobody?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:03 AM
rclynx

Wish I could remember where I saw this problem in the forums but I know I saw it. Ask the guys who sent you the gear they should know
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i understand, redcat changed the gear or their supplier did so you need a new one way from them, call or go on their support on their website and find out.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
BEAR77

the traxxas oneway fits but is wider so you may need to do some trimmig,working on that same problem.. shaved some of the bearing & some of the gear ,the hole on the gear needs to be drilled out a little bit than trim some off the gears .
if some one knows a better way please let me know right now im running a single speed from a friends volcano not as fast but works
Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 PM
LorDDarknesS

the new bearing should be available from redcat racing as of the 22nd of march but you'll have to call cuz it's not in the online parts guide yet also i used a traxxas hub hex and drilled the hole to fit the one way bearing that came stock and it has worked pretty well with no other mods needed also i just ordered a whole new tranny from rufaster and it came with the new gear AND the new bearing
Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
daveschutt

I CALLED REDCAT AND THEY SAID THE NEW BEARING WOULDNT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL. I DIDNT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG TO RUN MY CAR SO I WENT TO THE HARDWARE STORE AND BOUGHT A 9/16 NYLON NUT FOR ABOUT 60 CENTS. THIS FITS IN THE NEW GEARS PERFECTLY. I HAD TO DRILL OUT THE CENTER A BIT TO FIT THE BEARING IN THE NUT ( I FORGOT WHAT SIZE DRILL I USED) AND FILE THE NUT DOWN A BIT BECAUSE IT WAS TO THICK. I PUT IT IN MY CAR AND HAVE RUN ABOUT 10 TANKS WITHOUT A PROBLEM. USE A DRILL PRESS IF YOU HAVE ONE SO THE HOLE IS NICE AND STRAIGHT.