Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

To all of you dealers out there!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 PM
srm60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all of you dealers out there!

I am posting this thread because I recently experienced some unbelievably bad service from a on-line dealer which for the purpose of this thread will remain nameless.

In this particular example I ordered some items from this dealer on-line via there web interface. I ordered about 10 very common items from this vendor. When the package arrived 2 weeks later with only 3 of the items were in the box. When I called them to find out what happened I got a voicemail which I left a message (I also left an email) 1 day went by and still nothing so I called again. This time I got somebody on the phone that was less than enthusiastic to talk to me. He tells me that the other items were out of stock and he does not know when they will come in. I asked him why did the website show them as “in stock” and why didn’t anybody contact me with this information. The guy obviously could care less about what I had to say. I asked him to issue me a refund so I can take my business elsewhere. It has been almost a week and still no refund. I called again this morning and this time I got what sounded like that guys mother. She was very nice and apologetic especially after I mentioned that I think there is some fraud going on. In her list of excuses she mentioned that the parts were backordered…“ Wrong!” and that his POS system is not working correctly. ( It worked fine taking my money and sending me a receipt) . Now that just makes me mad that they will lie to me like that. I still have yet to receive a refund. Needless to say I will not be shopping there again. I will reveal the name to you all once the legal questions are answered.

Retail business 101 …

1. Keep an adequate inventory of commonly sold items on hand. That way you will have a buffer if your vendor drops the ball. You will keep your customers happy and coming back.
2. Keep your website up to date. I think we all hate getting that email or call from a vendor saying the part they listed as in stock is really out of stock. My first thought is that you gave my item to somebody else.
3. Keep your customers informed! Need I say more?
4. Stop that “page is under construction” stuff; either post a active page or remove it from your site until it is ready for business.
5. A little professionalism over the phone please!!
6. Don’t lie to your customers. You will get caught eventually. Not only caught but a bad reputation will put you out of business very quickly.
7. Excuses are like fingers everybody has them!!

For you hobby shop dealers out there: Loose the attitude! If I walk through your door I am a customer even though I may own something that you don’t sell. It’s not bad. I may be looking to you for something bigger in the future. Make me mad and there is always a bigger better hobby shop somewhere else that will be happy to take my money.

It takes 10 new customers to make up for the 1 you lost. Think about it.

Please post your experiences "The good the bad and the ugly" on this fourm. You may save us all some aggravation.

Hey Dennis good luck on the new shop.. Thanks for your help this weekend. You’re a good guy.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 PM
srm60

Default RE: To all of you dealers out there!

Oh forgot to mention rclynx in modesto CA is a good guy. He has always gone the extra mile for me. Check him out:[link=http://www.rclynx.com]www.rclynx.com [/link]
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
rclynx

Thanks Steve[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 AM
hawk900

www.johns*********.com

i bought alot of redcat parts from this hobby shop
and he has had every thing i needed and fast shipping.
no problems with this hobbie shop.he runs a great shop
a1 in my book.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
warriorking

ORIGINAL: srm60

I am posting this thread because I recently experienced some unbelievably bad service from a on-line dealer which for the purpose of this thread will remain nameless.

In this particular example I ordered some items from this dealer on-line via there web interface. I ordered about 10 very common items from this vendor. When the package arrived 2 weeks later with only 3 of the items were in the box. When I called them to find out what happened I got a voicemail which I left a message (I also left an email) 1 day went by and still nothing so I called again. This time I got somebody on the phone that was less than enthusiastic to talk to me. He tells me that the other items were out of stock and he does not know when they will come in. I asked him why did the website show them as “in stock” and why didn’t anybody contact me with this information. The guy obviously could care less about what I had to say. I asked him to issue me a refund so I can take my business elsewhere. It has been almost a week and still no refund. I called again this morning and this time I got what sounded like that guys mother. She was very nice and apologetic especially after I mentioned that I think there is some fraud going on. In her list of excuses she mentioned that the parts were backordered…“ Wrong!” and that his POS system is not working correctly. ( It worked fine taking my money and sending me a receipt) . Now that just makes me mad that they will lie to me like that. I still have yet to receive a refund. Needless to say I will not be shopping there again. I will reveal the name to you all once the legal questions are answered.

Retail business 101 …

1. Keep an adequate inventory of commonly sold items on hand. That way you will have a buffer if your vendor drops the ball. You will keep your customers happy and coming back.
2. Keep your website up to date. I think we all hate getting that email or call from a vendor saying the part they listed as in stock is really out of stock. My first thought is that you gave my item to somebody else.
3. Keep your customers informed! Need I say more?
4. Stop that “page is under construction” stuff; either post a active page or remove it from your site until it is ready for business.
5. A little professionalism over the phone please!!
6. Don’t lie to your customers. You will get caught eventually. Not only caught but a bad reputation will put you out of business very quickly.
7. Excuses are like fingers everybody has them!!

For you hobby shop dealers out there: Loose the attitude! If I walk through your door I am a customer even though I may own something that you don’t sell. It’s not bad. I may be looking to you for something bigger in the future. Make me mad and there is always a bigger better hobby shop somewhere else that will be happy to take my money.

It takes 10 new customers to make up for the 1 you lost. Think about it.

Please post your experiences "The good the bad and the ugly" on this fourm. You may save us all some aggravation.

Hey Dennis good luck on the new shop.. Thanks for your help this weekend. You’re a good guy.

I must say I agree with you especially the LHS I went to my socalled LHS, I have a cane XP. All I wanted was to get a pull start for a SH 28 this **** in the store
start mouthing off about thats what happened when you buy no name stuff that no one knows. I was so pist I told him off and walk out the store. Needless to say I never went back there. I have a baja5b and I don't give them my bussiness anymore when I need parts for it I just oder from DDM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

thanks buddy...Looking foward to it thats for sure.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

That's a bummer man.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 AM
groovetrippin

Ordered parts direct from redcat and also from clermontmotorsports Both gave great service... clermontmotorsports shipping was faster for me.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Strub1975

I have delt with Clermontmotorsports and allaboutfunhobbies and have had nothing but great customer service ans quick shipping.
also allaboutfunhobbies refunded my money before I even knew that the parts were on back order