Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

****Hurricane XP HELP PLEASE***

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
icecube0045

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****Hurricane XP HELP PLEASE***

When I try to start the engine it dosent fire up at all. But when i take the glow plug out it then starts to turn over but as soon as i put it back in, it gets harder to turn over. What could be the problem? I have an infinity .27 on the buggy.

Thanks,
Johmel
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 PM
dclintonh

Default RE: ****Hurricane XP HELP PLEASE***

compression, i guess. u gotta hold that thing down
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
mozzzy_2000

I'd say its either flooding or the engine is about to seize up or something since you havent used it in a while. I have found with rotostarts its very hard to detect a flooded engine and because of this I have had similar instances where i would have trouble starting the engines due to flooding. After you removed the plug and got rid of any excess fuel flooding the engine, do not re-prime it. Just start it straight up as it should already have fuel to turn over. If its still not turning over when the engine was once running fine then there's definately something else wrong. Of course it could be the rotostarter itself as the internal gears are prone to failing resulting in it slipping and failing to turn the flywheel. But from description you give I still think its flooding because of the way it seems to over compressed.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:23 AM
icecube0045

hold wat down??
Old 05-04-2007, 06:17 AM
MiniCwik

I'm assuming he means the entire chassis, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, another thing to do is open the throttle trim some to see if that helps too. I have to do this at times and it really helps me out.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:43 AM
mozzzy_2000

opening the throttle will just let more fuel into the carby and most likely make it even harder to start.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
rclynx

It may sound a bit funny,but anything I start after it sits for a week or so I always back the glow plug out about 1 turn and leave the glow plug igniter on for a good 20 or 30 sec before I try and start. As soon as it starts I turn the igniter clock wise till it stops make sure I have good idle and tighten the spark plug. Been doing that for years without a problem except once when I went and helped a guy and forgot my car and the igniter got launched like a rocket.[]
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

On any big block engine it's always a good idea to loosen the glow plug when you try to start it, less stress on the pullstart and internal components.