Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

ceramic bearing for the OS cv-rx 18

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

ceramic bearing for the OS cv-rx 18

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM
dclintonh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ceramic bearing for the OS cv-rx 18

are they availible???????????? and where?
thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
hawk900

Default RE: ceramic bearing for the OS cv-rx 18

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...ak&id=*ENK-164
Old 05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
dclintonh

thank i guess i was on the wrong page.
is this the 1

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...36&n=*ENK-164C
Old 05-12-2007, 07:54 PM
nantucket

Wow, is it really worth $75 to put those in your engine?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt think so on a $99 engine
Old 05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
dclintonh

i wouldnt thinkso, but a 250$ engine gains power and it probly has high dollar bearings, so 99 dollar engine with cheap-o's should gain even more. bearing are proply the most expecive part of one of these engines.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
rclynx

The only term I can think of to express my thoughts that are fact on the subject is..........................it don't matter how you dress a dog up its still going to be a dog[X(]
Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
nantucket

ORIGINAL: rclynx

The only term I can think of to express my thoughts that are fact on the subject is..........................it don't matter how you dress a dog up its still going to be a dog[X(]
You don't like OS engines huh?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
mozzzy_2000

yeah personally I dont think its worth it either. They only last marginally longer than standard bearings and I doubt you would be able to tell much difference in performance to be honest but I guess its a personal choice in the end. I'd just stick with the OS or BOCA bearings if I was you.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:32 AM
rclynx

OS is one of the best engines out there, that has nothing to do with what I said[:'(]
Old 05-13-2007, 09:08 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I would say there one of the best. There ok, low dollar engines.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
dclintonh

it was just a thought, there was a guy at the track that said "you put a ceramic bearing in the vg.21(lowend engine) it gains huge power"i thought the same would be for the .18.
but he might have been just trying to make the 75+ he spent seem more worth it.
i wouldnt think there would be much differance either.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
rclynx

No good low dollar engines are SH, VX, STS and engines like that. OS are time proven more bang for the buck engines that have been around for a long time and the price is controled by the major distribution companies[:-]
Old 05-13-2007, 05:43 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

No good low dollar engines are SH, VX, STS and engines like that. OS are time proven more bang for the buck engines that have been around for a long time and the price is controled by the major distribution companies
LMAO, there ok low dollar engines, The major distribution company yoru talking talking about is one of the major reason that small begging hobby shops can't make it, when they have to buy from them while they consistantlly sell to the public undercutting there dealer base, They are major contributor the the decline of the hobby industry. I wouldn't take an OS engine if you gave it to me or a futaba radio for that matter, since they support one the dirtiest dealers in the industry. I had three cars I had given to my by customers that didn't want them anymore with OS engines on them that ran fine and we kicked them to the curb along with the rest of our round metal filling cabnet stuff. There isn't anything that great planes has that a dealer can't buy from a better distributor (that cares about there dealers) for the same price or direct from the manufacturer (other than there propriatary garbage). Vx is a darn good basher motor, any motor I can take the air filter off of and run it around sucking in dirt and dust then run it so lean it should burn up and melt, but stays running and is still running with heat scores and gouges int he cylinder is a darn fine engine. Novarossi is a good engine, STS is a good engine, Picco is a good engine. Os doesn't even fall in there league, OS falls in a league with the rest of the low dollar basher motors, like VX, SH, Nitro Star, Traxxas and the rest of the RTR motors.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:17 PM
ehroof

I dont know what you mean about a low $ engine but all my planes run os engines and pretty much eveyone else's planes too. They make killer engines and for the money you cant go wrong. OS is no Werks, Picco or collari bro, You cant go wrong with an os .18 cvrx, its a direct replacement for most cars with a .12, .15 or .18 and a rotary carb, not to mention the ease of tuning and reliabitliy of starting. OS is in a league of their own, much better than most stock engines but not nearly as expensive as a collari.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I'll give you that there ok engines, but I have my own reasons why I don't and know alot of others that don't like them either, other what I already said. It's like talking about religion, your not going to convince me one way or the other that there is some devine power. Or like talking about anything everyone has there opinion and reason why they don't like something. Basically I despise anything that is Great Planes affiliated, or there umbrella companies, have for years and will continue to in the future. I don't like them from well before I started dealing hobby products, basically from the time I got treaded like crap, I felt they were the only way to go, got tired of goign into stores and having the store owners or employees not give two craps about you unless you were spending $1000 so I started going on line and buying EVERYTHING on line UNTILL I had to deal with great planes and tower directally and got treated like my problem didn't matter (just like brick and morter, hear it all the time too from others), that was when I decided to get into dealing hobby products, more than two years ago, when I found smarttech(didn't really get deep into it till about a year ago, was mostlly ebay selling, ewww), then I found Redcat and really started getting into it, Now were well into it and we don't treat ANYONE like they don't matter. I just hate Great planes, therefore OS sucks, Futaba Sucks and anyother products that are Great Plains affiliated SUCK, Tower Hobbies too!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I guess like anything you could have a war on whats good and whats not. Some things are good for others and not so good for others. But I would like to say that sts motors are not in the same league as sh motors by no means. Much better engine.I personally use them and you cant compare. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:51 PM
ehroof

LOL, you can hate the distrubitor but you cant deny that OS makes a good engine, especially for the money. I understand where your coming from, You need to have a real brick and mortar hobby store to deal with great planes, also with horizon too. I didnt know that OS only comes from tower (great planes).
Old 05-13-2007, 06:53 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

I guess like anything you could have a war on whats good and whats not. Some things are good for others and not so good for others. But I would like to say that sts motors are not in the same league as sh motors by no means. Much better engine.I personally use them and you cant compare. Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100%, that sts is a great motor, i am extremely happy with it, you cant beat them for the money, its too bad they dont make anything between a .12 and a .21
Old 05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: ehroof

LOL, you can hate the distrubitor but you cant deny that OS makes a good engine, especially for the money. I understand where your coming from, You need to have a real brick and mortar hobby store to deal with great planes, also with horizon too. I didnt know that OS only comes from tower (great planes).
OS and Futaba are Great Plains Exclusives, BUT if a dealer was to dig enough , you can find a way to go aroudn Great Planes and purchase them China is a wonderfull country , but even though I can buy them or rather import them I wouldn't waste my money.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

I agree 100%, that sts is a great motor, i am extremely happy with it, you cant beat them for the money, its too bad they dont make anything between a .12 and a .21

I agree with that, STS is an amazing power house for the price. I think they are missing the boat not having a mill between the .12 and .21 sizes. Maybe some day. I'll never run anything else though.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
ehroof

your like the first person i have ever heard say anything bad about OS bro.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:07 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Maybe it's not that i don't like OS, I just don't like Great Plains and OS is a child company of Great Plains, lol.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:40 AM
rclynx

Maybe it's not that i don't like OS, I just don't like Great Plains and OS is a child company of Great Plains, lol.
couldn't agree with that statement more and just like OS, SH has a lid on it from one company and what would you bet that some day some big company will put a lid on STS also[>:]

I'll give you that there ok engines, but I have my own reasons why I don't and know alot of others that don't like them either, other what I already said. It's like talking about religion, your not going to convince me one way or the other that there is some devine power. Or like talking about anything everyone has there opinion and reason why they don't like something. Basically I despise anything that is Great Planes affiliated, or there umbrella companies, have for years and will continue to in the future. I don't like them from well before I started dealing hobby products, basically from the time I got treaded like crap, I felt they were the only way to go, got tired of goign into stores and having the store owners or employees not give two craps about you unless you were spending $1000 so I started going on line and buying EVERYTHING on line UNTILL I had to deal with great planes and tower directally and got treated like my problem didn't matter (just like brick and morter, hear it all the time too from others), that was when I decided to get into dealing hobby products, more than two years ago, when I found smarttech(didn't really get deep into it till about a year ago, was mostlly ebay selling, ewww), then I found Redcat and really started getting into it, Now were well into it and we don't treat ANYONE like they don't matter. I just hate Great planes, therefore OS sucks, Futaba Sucks and anyother products that are Great Plains affiliated SUCK, Tower Hobbies too!!!!
You forgot the sister company Horizon [:'(] sooner or later unless your a big buyer the others get in line to kick the small guys to the curb also. Its like if you want to stay in business as a Hobby Shop your forced to put up with the crap till you find your nitch...............anybody use AT&T lol
Old 05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

no, Cingulair.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rclynx
You forgot the sister company Horizon
Horizon is in no way affiliated with Great Planes.

OS engines are overpriced for what they are. $300 for an OS 21 VZ-B V-spec that gets outpowered by $250 Novarossis and Piccos and $190 STS's? come on. the .18 CV-R is the only thing they have going for them anymore, now that the .12CV-R is discontinued (which is still my favorite gas truck class engine)

Viva SH, STS, and novarossi!

Great Planes and Horizon are both good companies...if you've got the cash up front to pony up to deal with them. but there are sooo many great things sold that aren't exclusively distributed by GP and Horizon.

oh, and by the way...

the VZ-B is a high revving engine that can benefit from high end bearings, unlike the 18CV-R. putting ceramic bearings on a CV-R is like putting 22" Lexani chrome wheels on my '91 beater T-bird, or the custom Hummer-based beadlocks a buddy of mine makes on my '68 F250. sure, I can say "I spent $5k on wheels for my crappy beater", but what's the point?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.