Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

engine temp

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
roebuckclyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine temp

I'm new to the whole nitro thing and I need a little help. I just bought a Valcano vr and my engine temp is running as follows wiht the high speed needle at 1 1/2 turns = 370 degrees F. at 2 turns 350 degrees f. at 2 3/4 turns 300 degrees f. I have been testing it after i run it at full throttle. Is that right? when I have it at 2 3/4 turns it seem really slow and boggy.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
FlyinGN

Default RE: engine temp

wow I can't wait to see everyone scream at his guy! The engine should never .. ever.. ever go over 270.. [X(]
Old 05-31-2007, 07:22 PM
roebuckclyde

OK so what is wrong?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

wow I can't wait to see everyone scream at his guy! The engine should never .. ever.. ever go over 270.. [X(]

LOL, thats funny bro.

Your running too lean, you need to try 3 out on the high needle and flush with the collar on the low needle, then start to turn clockwise until it runs good, then check the temprature, there should always be smoke coming out of the pipe when on the throttle.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 PM
roebuckclyde

OK so I'm not a complete idiot. I think I just bought a 30$ piece of crap thermomiter because I tried three turns and then even four turns out and came up with 417 degrees and 424 degrees. I put it back to the setting that I had it at (2 3/4 turns) and did the drop of water test and it took about 10 seconds to evaperate. Oh ya and I've got smoke when I hit the throttle.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its reading 400+, you would smell it and you would sizzle the water away immediately, i would suggest throwing that temp gauge you got out of the window of your car when you hit 65mph. lol, maybe you have it set on c not f ?