Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

please help me tune my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
chilled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me tune my truck

hi i have a HSP Tyrannosaurus 1:10 Nitro 4WD Truck which needs retuning but i cant get the manuel for it so cant retune it. i have been told that my truck is basiclly a redcat as this is the redcat section does anyone know what the settings would be for the carb and air?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: please help me tune my truck

2 1/2 out on the high needle and flush with the collar on the low needle. this should get you going then tune from there:
here are a couple of video's for you to watch:

#1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As

#2 http://youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJAxNoRg
Old 06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
chilled

flush with the collar?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

This should help you out alittle

[link=http://www.allaboutfunhobbies.com/carbstartpoint.htm]http://www.allaboutfunhobbies.com/carbstartpoint.htm[/link]
Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
chilled

lol still dont understand about the flush part hahaha what does it mean flush the screw should be out the same lengh as the flush part?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

If your looking at the brass piece, there is a screw in there that should be even with the outside edge of that (low speed needle). Do you know what I mean?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:59 PM
123michael

hey chilled mines called Tyrannosaurus but i call it volcano stx.they are all over ebay Tyrannosaurus arnt they. lol.do you know what high speed needle means?low speed needle?idle screw?let us know if your a beginner.so um are you a beginner?.relax and let the good times roll lol ha ha bro we will help you welcome to redcat family forum.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 AM
chilled

hello again one last question got up this morning tried it again no luck but wheneva i put nitro straight into the carb and try it works for a little second until all the nitro has been burned in the carb then it turns off. my feeling is that no nitro fuel is making its way to the carb on its own and thats why the engine cutts off any ideas on what this could be people please nearly got it working.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:20 AM
mozzzy_2000

Take the tube off the pipe nipple and blw into to see if fuel flows through to the carby. Otherwise its possible that there is a leak somewhere.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:33 AM
chilled

i blew through the tub this morning with all my breath and it wouldnt blow the nitro through.
and then i took of the tub to the carb got a little pin pushed it in the carb hole to see if it was blocked.
then i put the hose back on blew again and it was much easier to get some fuel in there.
then i started it and it ran until all the nitro i put in the carb was used.
this seems to be the problem its not sucking the fuel up.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:28 AM
chilled

hi here are some pics off my camera phone
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92196.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	700353  
Old 06-09-2007, 05:29 AM
chilled

this is the top of the carb where the air filter gos dont knwif you can see the hole inside when trying to start should the hole be all the way open ? half closed ? or how it is

Name:	Ig12119.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	700354  
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 AM
chilled

and also i knw you have probaly had enough of me now haha but if you can see in the picture it looks like a ball joint or summit for the front left hand side wheel it is snapped anyone knw if its easy to fix or replace and how?

Name:	Ay73287.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	700355  
Old 06-09-2007, 06:32 AM
mozzzy_2000

[quote]this is the top of the carb where the air filter gos dont knwif you can see the hole inside when trying to start should the hole be all the way open ? half closed ? or how it is /quote] Its hard to see from the pics but the gap in carby looks too big perhaps? Anyway it should be approx .5mm so basically a little "slither" of an opening.

but if you can see in the picture it looks like a ball joint or summit for the front left hand side wheel it is snapped anyone knw if its easy to fix or replace and how?
I'd say if something has snapped its definately a replacement job. I dont own this truck but one on the guys on here will tell you what part it is and where to get it. Check with ehroof.

In regards to the fuel line, does it still seem blocked or not? Have you got the needles set correctly?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 AM
chilled

hi just blew down the tube again very hard to blow through and cant blow fuel to the carb wats the problem looked for leaks in tubes and blockages nothin i can see
Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
123michael

LOL RIGHT IVE NEVER NEVER HAD THIS PROBELM SO I DONT KNOW.HEY IM 16 BUT I KNOW A LOT ABOUT NITRO CARS.I HAVE THE SAME CAR AS YOU AND I NOW WHAT THAIR LIKE BUT YOU NEED A NEW CLUCH SPRING A FIRESTORM ONE.YOUR PROBEBELY EATIN TEA NOW BUT I WOULD SAY SUCK UP DONT BLOW DOWN THE PIPE.YOU MIGHT HAVE A BLOCK AGE IN YOUR PIPE.I JUST GOT SOME COOL PIPE THATS GREEN AND IS SO COOL SO.WILL YOU GO ON CHAT SOMETIME?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 AM
123michael

THE CARB OPERNING SHOULD BE 1MM OPEN.SO GO ON CHAT REDCAT CHAT AND I CAN TALK TO YOU LIVE AND ASK YOU WHATS THE TRUBBLE AND HOW TO MENTAIN.HEY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I HAVE ONE EXATELY THE SAME AND I NOW HAVE A COOL ENGIENE IN IT OS CVRX 18 AND IS FAST AS A SERIES 3 LANDROVER LOL SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT REDCAT CHAT IS OK MAN.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
chilled

where is chat?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 PM
bluecaka69

your high peed needle lookt to far in turn it counter clockwise about 2 fukk turns and your carb openong should be about 1mm also you may need to take your fuel tank off and empty it check for blockages in the tank itself when you blow into the fuel line that is hooked to the exhaust pipe you should get a steady flow of fuel out of the other line

Name:	Bz77083.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	700549  
Old 06-09-2007, 01:44 PM
chilled

ive give up now people ive tried everything that i can try its just not gonna work it couls be the tuning it could be anything
cheers for all your help anyway gotta think what im gonna do now [&o]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:43 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

You must have a LHS some where near you, ya just have to find it, maybe they can help or you can find a nitro club that can help you out.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
123michael

you are unpshent boy i was like this when i first started and it was murder but i did get it up and running again it is a pest.PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PLEASE.if you do go on chat i will help really as its live.so please.

1 qustion---why did you not just take it to model shop and ask them to tune it for you? and ask them whats the damage.

note-if they say its a cheap car- just say i know but i want you to check it.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 AM
chilled

i live in portsmouth england there are 2 models that we have down here. On the second day i recieved this truck i took it down to my nearest model store ( i have to walk as have no car ) went in asked them but the guy who used to knw about nitro cars who worked there has left and the other guy didnt knw nothing he told me a few things to try which i have.

when i turn on car and then controllr the car starts buzzing and the wheels slightly move on there own?and also the hole under airfilter opens itself up fully but im not pressing the accerlerate?
so then i pullstart and it fires up and shoots forward and sounds like its reving loud? but then cutts off and then when i go to pullstart again its really stiff and hard to pull?
here are some new pics of my high speed needle. idle screw and airfilter one i just dont knw if these are correct?

Name:	Yw68853.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	700993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76219.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	700994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11942.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	700995  
Old 06-10-2007, 01:15 PM
chilled

photo of wires exposed
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey dude unfortunately we cant see much of whats going on in those pics. So anyway is your throttle opening up when infact it should be neutral? Without starting the motor does this happen when you turn on the car's electrics? Do you have any throttle control or is it going to fully open no matter what you do? When in neutral the throttle servo should be center and the carby opening should be almost shut. The idle screw regulates that carby opening and the gap should be set .5mm-1mm open.

Whilst you've got this problem with the throttle dont try to start it because it will shoot off. Can you get clear pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.